Guide: How To Use Rclone To Mount Cloud Drives And Play Files

DZMM

2 hours ago, SoloLab said:

DO I then move over the media files once they show up there? , to their correct path after been uploaded and encrypted in google. 

Use Binhex-Krusader to move your current movie and tv show folders to mount_unionfs. the way its setup is that rclone_upload is your local disk storage and unionfs is the link between local and cloud (rclone_mount). When you add folders to mount_unions they are actually placed into rclone_upload. Then adjust the upload script to suit your needs and it will transfer files that meet the age requirements from upload to rclone_mount . My current upload script is --min-age 7d --max-age 8d so that it stores newly downloaded tv shows and movies for a week and then uploads them the next day, i run the script daily to check.

Edited by Bolagnaise
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Bolagnaise said:

Use Binhex-Krusader to move your current movie and tv show folders to mount_unionfs. the way its setup is that rclone_upload is your local disk storage and unionfs is the link between local and cloud (rclone_mount). When you add folders to mount_unions they are actually placed into rclone_upload. Then adjust the upload script to suit your needs and it will transfer files that meet the age requirements from upload to rclone_mount . My current upload script is --min-age 7d --max-age 8d so that it stores newly downloaded tv shows and movies for a week and then uploads them the next day, i run the script daily to check.

Thank you, 

your walk through it helps a lot. 

Edited by SoloLab
On 3/22/2019 at 11:40 PM, Bolagnaise said:

I did some re-arrange and made the folders, I changed the script to something like 30 mins and ran the upload script, to watch the log. I didn't see them being upload. Is there something else i should check? 

The rclone_mount  log says 

23.03.2019 14:11:41 INFO: mounting rclone vfs.
23.03.2019 14:11:46 INFO: Check rclone gdrive vfs mount success.
fuse: mountpoint is not empty
fuse: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option
23.03.2019 14:11:46 CRITICAL: unionfs Remount failed.
Script Finished Sat, 23 Mar 2019 14:11:46 -0700

Update: That error in the log was because the mountcheck file was missing in the gdrive vfs.  But still can't seem to get the files I moved into mount_unionfs to upload. 

Update: March 25

- decided just to disabled all the scripts, delete all the folders and go through from scratch, now the folders are uploading I think the error was before known where to create the folders (Overlooked it in the tutorial ), I used krusder to edit and create folders in the wrong area and messed up the sync.

Thanks again. 

Edited by SoloLab

Hi guys

I reboot my server and now my upload script won't start.

I'm getting this 

/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/upload/script: line 25: $'\357\273\277': command not found
26.03.2019 12:19:50 INFO: rclone not installed - will try again later.
Script Finished Tue, 26 Mar 2019 12:19:50 -0400

but my rclone is installed i'm on 6.7.0 RC5

any idea ?

thx

1 hour ago, francrouge said:

Hi guys

I reboot my server and now my upload script won't start.

I'm getting this 

/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/upload/script: line 25: $'\357\273\277': command not found
26.03.2019 12:19:50 INFO: rclone not installed - will try again later.
Script Finished Tue, 26 Mar 2019 12:19:50 -0400

but my rclone is installed i'm on 6.7.0 RC5

any idea ?

thx

Looks similar to this one:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/75436-guide-how-to-use-rclone-to-mount-cloud-drives-and-play-files/?do=findComment&comment=729731

• Like 1
On 3/23/2019 at 9:11 PM, SoloLab said:

I did some re-arrange and made the folders, I changed the script to something like 30 mins and ran the upload script, to watch the log. I didn't see them being upload. Is there something else i should check? 

The rclone_mount  log says 

23.03.2019 14:11:41 INFO: mounting rclone vfs.
23.03.2019 14:11:46 INFO: Check rclone gdrive vfs mount success.
fuse: mountpoint is not empty
fuse: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option
23.03.2019 14:11:46 CRITICAL: unionfs Remount failed.
Script Finished Sat, 23 Mar 2019 14:11:46 -0700

Update: That error in the log was because the mountcheck file was missing in the gdrive vfs.  But still can't seem to get the files I moved into mount_unionfs to upload. 

Update: March 25

- decided just to disabled all the scripts, delete all the folders and go through from scratch, now the folders are uploading I think the error was before known where to create the folders (Overlooked it in the tutorial ), I used krusder to edit and create folders in the wrong area and messed up the sync.

Thanks again. 

@SoloLab All ok now?

So after a few weeks of using Rclone and gsuite I am running into a problem... I am now getting the follow error when trying to play anything off of rclone to plex. It sees the file, but I get Error code: s1001 (Network) .   anyone know why this would be popping up all of a sudden? I have rebooted server so that it would remount the drive and I can Krusader in with out a problem. Its only the downloading side

Does this mean I am API banned some how?

so I can see the files.. I can add new to the gsuite and I can add the file to plex and it will add it to the directory but I get that error when plex tries to play it or I try to just download it.

when I look at the user script mount log I have the following. Nothing has changed with this so not sure why all of a sudden im getting this

2019/03/26 22:36:22 Fatal error: Directory is not empty: /mnt/user/rclone_mount/Gdrive_Backup If you want to mount it anyway use: --allow-non-empty option
Script Finished Tue, 26 Mar 2019 22:36:51 -0400

Full logs for this script are available at /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rclone_mount_plugin/log.txt

2019/03/26 22:36:52 Fatal error: Directory is not empty: /mnt/user/rclone_mount/Gdrive_Stream If you want to mount it anyway use: --allow-non-empty option

Edited by tmoran000
9 hours ago, tmoran000 said:

So after a few weeks of using Rclone and gsuite I am running into a problem... I am now getting the follow error when trying to play anything off of rclone to plex. It sees the file, but I get Error code: s1001 (Network) .   anyone know why this would be popping up all of a sudden? I have rebooted server so that it would remount the drive and I can Krusader in with out a problem. Its only the downloading side

That's a Plex error.  From a quick glance of the Plex forums it looks like you need to rescan/check your library folder setup

14 minutes ago, tmoran000 said:

Thanks, I must of some how hit some sort of anomaly. I waited 24 hours and with out doing anything it started working. Maybe I hit some sort of quata or something. Thanks for the response :)

I think your Plex library needed a rescan

This guide is, at the same time, awesome and overwhelming. 

I'm looking into just mounting rclone gdrive, share it over smb and have everything happening in my cache drive.

My question is, how do I make sure everything is happening in the cache drive?

Do I have to make a share in the cache drive? and I point with rclone mount --cache-dir /mnt/cache/gdrive ?

1 hour ago, TheFreemancer said:

This guide is, at the same time, awesome and overwhelming. 

I'm looking into just mounting rclone gdrive, share it over smb and have everything happening in my cache drive.

My question is, how do I make sure everything is happening in the cache drive?

Do I have to make a share in the cache drive? and I point with rclone mount --cache-dir /mnt/cache/gdrive ?

If you're just mounting and not uploading files it all happens in memory.  If you're uploading, then set your rclone_upload directory to cache only

5 minutes ago, DZMM said:

If you're just mounting and not uploading files it all happens in memory.  If you're uploading, then set your rclone_upload directory to cache only

But...

What if you stream a 50GB ISO? 

If you set vfs-cache-mode full? 

This downloads the entire 50GB before opening.

I believe mode writes download huge chunks of the file too.

Also it offers options like -dir-cache

Cache time is the option to flush the cache folder isn't it?

If all happens in RAM as you said why would those options exist?

Is this for uploading only? 

I don't understand.

I'm a big noob when comes to servers and rclone, I know, but with my very limited knowledge this doesn't seem possible to work 100% in RAM.

It must put something on the drive while downloading.

Doesn't it?

6 hours ago, TheFreemancer said:

But...

What if you stream a 50GB ISO? 

If you set vfs-cache-mode full? 

This downloads the entire 50GB before opening.

I believe mode writes download huge chunks of the file too.

Also it offers options like -dir-cache

Cache time is the option to flush the cache folder isn't it?

If all happens in RAM as you said why would those options exist?

Is this for uploading only? 

I don't understand.

I'm a big noob when comes to servers and rclone, I know, but with my very limited knowledge this doesn't seem possible to work 100% in RAM.

It must put something on the drive while downloading.

Doesn't it?

If you use the settings in my guide no files get written to disk

My issue with Rclone randomly letting me upload but not download data was fixed for a day or so on its own but now I can not even get into my gsuite drive through Krusader and when I look at the log I get the follow. Now keep in mind. Nothing has changed since Kaizac helped me set it up and has been working ever since.. Here is what the log now shows out of no where

"Script Starting Fri, 29 Mar 2019 12:03:40 -0400

Full logs for this script are available at /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rclone_mount_plugin/log.txt

Script Finished Fri, 29 Mar 2019 12:03:40 -0400

2019/03/29 12:03:40 Failed to create file system for "Gdrive_StreamEN:": didn't find section in config file
2019/03/29 12:03:40 Failed to create file system for "Gdrive_SecureEN:": didn't find section in config file"

I am running into a weird issue out of no where. I was able to partially fix it based on the help of others. but here is where I am at.

I am running a 1gig/1gig connection.  Out of no where my Gsuite connection stopped and gave an error. I reset up using the same mount commands which are below.. Since it was set back up. Scanning a single 24 episode tv show into plex takes 30 minutes or more and to start playing anything from Gsuite takes 2-5 minutes to start playing. Local files play instant as usual. Before this happened the Gsuite connection only took 2-5 seconds to start. Its only after the original issue did I start having speed and timing issues.. any idea what I can try next?

------

Mount info

rclone mount --allow-other --buffer-size 1G --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 256M --fast-list --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off Gsuite_BackupEN: /mnt/user/rclone_mount/Gsuite_Backup &

rclone mount --allow-other --buffer-size 1G --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 256M --fast-list --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off Gsuite_StreamEN: /mnt/user/rclone_mount/Gsuite_Stream &

3 hours ago, tmoran000 said:

I am running into a weird issue out of no where. I was able to partially fix it based on the help of others. but here is where I am at.

I am running a 1gig/1gig connection.  Out of no where my Gsuite connection stopped and gave an error. I reset up using the same mount commands which are below.. Since it was set back up. Scanning a single 24 episode tv show into plex takes 30 minutes or more and to start playing anything from Gsuite takes 2-5 minutes to start playing. Local files play instant as usual. Before this happened the Gsuite connection only took 2-5 seconds to start. Its only after the original issue did I start having speed and timing issues.. any idea what I can try next?

------

Mount info

rclone mount --allow-other --buffer-size 1G --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 256M --fast-list --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off Gsuite_BackupEN: /mnt/user/rclone_mount/Gsuite_Backup &

rclone mount --allow-other --buffer-size 1G --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 256M --fast-list --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off Gsuite_StreamEN: /mnt/user/rclone_mount/Gsuite_Stream &

My guess is you haven't created your own client_id:

https://rclone.org/drive/#making-your-own-client-id