Guide: How To Use Rclone To Mount Cloud Drives And Play Files

DZMM

DISREGARD, ill leave this here incase anyone else has the same issue, i recopied the script from GITHUB and reran it, issue gone.

I have had an issue ever since i got this working, the union FS cleanup script throws this error everytime something is deleted from the plex server or via sonarr/radarr and then after a rescan, the file is back. Am i missing something?

Script location: /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rclone_cleanup/script
30.08.2019 19:12:16 INFO: starting unionfs cleanup.
rm: cannot remove '/mnt/user/mount_rclone/google_vfs/mnt/user/mount_unionfs/google_vfs/.unionfs/Movies/Aquaman (2018)/Aquaman (2018) Remux-2160p.mkv': No such file or directory

Here's the script as followed from github.

#!/bin/bash

#######  Check if script already running  ##########

if [[ -f "/mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/rclone_cleanup" ]]; then

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Exiting as script already running."

exit

else

touch /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/rclone_cleanup

fi

#######  End Check if script already running  ##########

################### Clean-up UnionFS Folder  #########################

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: starting unionfs cleanup."

find /mnt/user/mount_unionfs/google_vfs/.unionfs -name '*_HIDDEN~' | while read line; do
oldPath=${line#/mnt/user/mount_unionfs/google_vfs/.unionfs}
newPath=/mnt/user/mount_rclone/google_vfs${oldPath%_HIDDEN~}
rm "$newPath"
rm "$line"
done
find "/mnt/user/mount_unionfs/google_vfs/.unionfs" -mindepth 1 -type d -empty -delete

rm /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/rclone_cleanup

exit

Edited by Bolagnaise

I tried following the spaceinvader one seedbox-guide on youtube and use it with this script. But I have some problems that I hope someone has a solution to.

After a torrent is finished and unpacked on the seedbox I use syncthing to transfer the file back to the unraid-server. I mapped the folder "rclone_upload/google_vfs" in the syncthing container and added the path "/Media/Movies" inside the syncthing container as it matches my google drive paths. The first time everything works great and all files are uploaded to the correct google drive folder. But then the script removes the folders and syncthing breakes down as the "folder-markers" are deleted.

If I remove the "--delete-empty-src-dirs" from the rclone_upload script nothing gets deleted and the folders will fill upp. Does anyone have any solution to how to fix this problem?

4 hours ago, Cliff said:

I tried following the spaceinvader one seedbox-guide on youtube and use it with this script. But I have some problems that I hope someone has a solution to.

After a torrent is finished and unpacked on the seedbox I use syncthing to transfer the file back to the unraid-server. I mapped the folder "rclone_upload/google_vfs" in the syncthing container and added the path "/Media/Movies" inside the syncthing container as it matches my google drive paths. The first time everything works great and all files are uploaded to the correct google drive folder. But then the script removes the folders and syncthing breakes down as the "folder-markers" are deleted.

If I remove the "--delete-empty-src-dirs" from the rclone_upload script nothing gets deleted and the folders will fill upp. Does anyone have any solution to how to fix this problem?

Map to /mount_unionfs/google_vfs instead

Ok, so I can write files directly to that folder and they get transferred to Google drive? Sorry for being slow but in that case why are the rclone_upload folder needed?

And hopefully one last question, when installing the dockers for sonarr/radarr I should provide folder-mappings for "tv" and "downloads". From the first page I understand that the tv-folder sould be mapped to in my case: "/mnt/user/mount_unionfs/google_vfs/Media/Tv"

But do I need any "downloads" -mapping? 

Edited by Cliff
On 8/16/2019 at 8:37 AM, DZMM said:

That's interesting - are you playing any high bitrate movies or 4k?

I've had some issues streaming 4K remuxes, and have pulled them onto the local drives from gdrive. Any thoughts on the amount of memory / CPU I need (I'm on symmetrical gigabit)? The streams are incredibly choppy and freeze.

I didn't see anything that looked like it was getting jammed up, but its been a while since I tested.

1 hour ago, privateer said:

I've had some issues streaming 4K remuxes, and have pulled them onto the local drives from gdrive. Any thoughts on the amount of memory / CPU I need (I'm on symmetrical gigabit)? The streams are incredibly choppy and freeze.

I didn't see anything that looked like it was getting jammed up, but its been a while since I tested.

CPU requirements (I think) shouldn't be much different to when playing locally, so if you can do locally they should work remotely.  Bandwidth clearly isn't an issue - how much ram do you have?  Are they choppy right from the beginning or after a while?  you could try increasing --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M to 256M ..it will slow your start times, but might help

On 9/6/2019 at 4:14 PM, DZMM said:

CPU requirements (I think) shouldn't be much different to when playing locally, so if you can do locally they should work remotely.  Bandwidth clearly isn't an issue - how much ram do you have?  Are they choppy right from the beginning or after a while?  you could try increasing --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M to 256M ..it will slow your start times, but might help

They tend to start and freeze etc. right from the beginning with no improvement. Can't make it more than a few mins. I have the same copy local to try and make sure everything is fine with the file etc. Right now I have 16GB of RAM.

3 hours ago, privateer said:

They tend to start and freeze etc. right from the beginning with no improvement. Can't make it more than a few mins. I have the same copy local to try and make sure everything is fine with the file etc. Right now I have 16GB of RAM.

Hmm I think you're low on RAM - try lowering the buffer:

I wanna say I appreciate these awesome scripts! They have been working flawlessly for me so far.

Now for my question, can I restructure the directories? I know to change each script and the corresponding directory path. Would this cause any problems?

mkdir -p /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone
mkdir -p /mnt/user/mount_rclone/google_vfs
mkdir -p /mnt/user/mount_unionfs/google_vfs
mkdir -p /mnt/user/rclone_upload/google_vfs
CHANGE TO
mkdir -p /mnt/user/plexdrive/media_rclone/media
mkdir -p /mnt/user/plexdrive/media_unionfs/media
mkdir -p /mnt/user/plexdrive/media_upload/media

4 hours ago, senpaibox said:

I wanna say I appreciate these awesome scripts! They have been working flawlessly for me so far.

Now for my question, can I restructure the directories? I know to change each script and the corresponding directory path. Would this cause any problems?

mkdir -p /mnt/user/mount_rclone/google_vfs
mkdir -p /mnt/user/mount_unionfs/google_vfs
mkdir -p /mnt/user/rclone_upload/google_vfs
CHANGE TO
mkdir -p /mnt/user/plexdrive/media_rclone/media
mkdir -p /mnt/user/plexdrive/media_unionfs/media
mkdir -p /mnt/user/plexdrive/media_upload/media

No real issues moving the paths if you're careful and update the scripts in the right places.  Changing your docker mappings as well though will mean Plex, radarr etc will need to rescan, but still manageable

Guys I need your help: I am struggleing since 2 weeks and I am so desperated that i'm considering getting back to HDD as I cannot figure out what is happening, It drives me nuts!!!

I am unable to reliably stream media since about 2 weeks: Plex is giving me a infinite spinning wheel with no error when I start a media. It's not on a particular media, anything can be affected. 

I have the same issue when mounting the share on Windows and trying to start the file: either explorer get unresponsive, either VLC will just be stuck.

The issue is NOT happening on local files (if they have not yet been uploaded)

I tried the following:

• Update all dockers
  • Fix dockers perms
  • Downgrade to 6.6.7
  • Reinstall rclone-beta
  • Reinstall Unionfs
  • Change buffer size
  • Parity check

I'm pretty sure it is not linked to plex as I face the same issue on Windows so I am feeling hopeless...

Maybe you guys can help me? @DZMM

Thanks

Edited by yendi
4 minutes ago, yendi said:

Guys I need your help: I am struggleing since 2 weeks and I am so desperated that i'm considering getting back to HDD as I cannot figure out what is happening, It drives me nuts!!!

I am unable to reliably stream media since about 2 weeks: Plex is giving me a infinite spinning wheel with no error when I start a media. It's not on a particular media, anything can be affected. 

I have the same issue when mounting the share on Windows and trying to start the file: either explorer get unresponsive, either VLC will just be stuck.

I tried the following:

• Update all dockers
  • Fix dockers perms
  • Downgrade to 6.6.7
  • Reinstall rclone-beta
  • Reinstall Unionfs
  • Change buffer size
  • Parity check

I'm pretty sure it is not linked to plex as I face the same issue on Windows so I am feeling hopeless...

Maybe you guys can help me? @DZMM

Thanks

Your Api is probably temp banned. I've had it happen so many times lately. What you can do is give your main dockers an own mount and Api. I've done this for Plex, Bazarr, Radarr and the rest. So 4 unionfs pointing to the same folders but through different apis.

What you need to do is just make a new Api and new rclone mounts. You can use the same local folders in your unionfs, but the different mount. And then in the docker settings point them to the seperate union folders.

If you don't understand what I mean, let me know!

Edited by Kaizac
2 minutes ago, yendi said:

gdrive

Yeah then making new apis won't work because you can't connect more email accounts to the gdrive. Im using Tdrive.

Only thing you can do is migrate to a Tdrive first. Or shut down dockers and stop the ones which might be giving you a lot of Api hits and start a process of elimination.