Guide: How To Use Rclone To Mount Cloud Drives And Play Files

DZMM

@bar1 that was supposed to be remove passwords.

It's not very helpful as you're not posting the actual script you are running.  The last line processed looking at your logs before the errors is:

"echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Script not running - proceeding.""

and the next line should be, which doesn't seem to be working is:

touch /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/mount_running

My only guess is the script doesn't like whatever your remote 'Bar1-xxx' is called - try underscores rather than dashes.

alright , i deployed script 0.95.0 and it works.

i am getting errors...

mount failed - please check for problems. and

Attempt 1/3 failed with 1 errors and: googleapi: Error 403: Insufficient Permission: Request had insufficient authentication scopes.,

and, mountcheck: Need to transfer - File not found at Destination
2020/02/14 17:16:30 ERROR : mountcheck: Failed to copy: googleapi: Error 403: Insufficient Permission: Request had insufficient authentication scopes.,

but the bottom line is:

drive is mounted.

will investigate the errors over the weekend.

49 minutes ago, bar1 said:

Attempt 1/3 failed with 1 errors and: googleapi: Error 403: Insufficient Permission: Request had insufficient authentication scopes.,

and, mountcheck: Need to transfer - File not found at Destination
2020/02/14 17:16:30 ERROR : mountcheck: Failed to copy: googleapi: Error 403: Insufficient Permission: Request had insufficient authentication scopes.,

it sounds like it's failing to copy the mountcheck file to the remote i.e. something is wrong with your rclone config which doesn't have permission to add files to google.  I've added a new section to the mount script to check if the mountcheck copy is successful - try the latest version 0.96.2+

# Creating if mountcheck successfully copied
	if [[ -f "$RcloneMountLocation/mountcheck" ]]; then
		echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Success ${RcloneRemoteName} Mountcheck successfully copied.  Proceeding."
	else
		echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Success ${RcloneRemoteName} mountcheck copy failed.  Please investigate your rclone config and settings."
		rm /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/mount_running
		exit
	fi

And once again - can you please post the whole log output, formatted, so people can read.  There's a lot of messaging in there that will help people get you up and running.

@DZMM

Haven't check this post for a bit. Just wanted to let you know I updated to your latest github releases. 

Only settings I changed were in the required/optional settings. No changes needed to the core scripting. Now that the cut command has been removed I no longer have to edit it to fix errors. 

I can confirm that they run fine for me with no issue. All functions working as expected!

• Like 1

#!/bin/bash

######################
#### Mount Script ####
######################
### Version 0.96.2 ###
######################

####### EDIT ONLY THESE SETTINGS #######

# INSTRUCTIONS
# 1. Edit the change the name of the rclone remote and shares to match your setup
# 2. NOTE: enter RcloneRemoteName WITHOUT ':'
# 3. Optional: include custom command and bind mount settings
# 4. Optional: include extra folders in mergerfs mount

# REQUIRED SETTINGS
RcloneRemoteName="google_vfs" # Name of rclone remote mount WITHOUT ':'. NOTE: Choose your encrypted remote for sensitive data
LocalFilesShare="//mnt/user/local" # location of the local files you want to upload without trailing slash to rclone e.g. /mnt/user/local
RcloneMountShare="/mnt/user/mount_rclone" # where your rclone remote will be located without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_rclone
MergerfsMountShare="/mnt/user/mount_unionfs" # location without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_mergerfs. Enter 'ignore' to disable
DockerStart="nzbget plex sonarr radarr ombi" # list of dockers, separated by space, to start once mergerfs mount verified. Remember to disable AUTOSTART in docker settings page
MountFolders=\{"downloads/complete,downloads/intermediate,downloads/seeds,movies,tv"\} # comma separated list of folders to create within the mount

# Note: Again - remember to NOT use ':' in your remote name above

# OPTIONAL SETTINGS

# Add extra paths to mergerfs mount in addition to LocalFilesShare
LocalFilesShare2="ignore" # without trailing slash e.g. /mnt/user/other__remote_mount/or_other_local_folder.  Enter 'ignore' to disable
LocalFilesShare3="ignore"
LocalFilesShare4="ignore"

# Add extra commands or filters
Command1="--rc"
Command2=""
Command3=""
Command4=""
Command5=""
Command6=""
Command7=""
Command8=""

CreateBindMount="N" # Y/N. Choose whether to bind traffic to a particular network adapter
RCloneMountIP="192.168.252" # My unraid IP is 172.30.12.2 so I create another similar IP address
NetworkAdapter="eth0" # choose your network adapter. eth0 recommended
VirtualIPNumber="2" # creates eth0:x e.g. eth0:1.  I create a unique virtual IP addresses for each mount & upload so I can monitor and traffic shape for each of them

####### END SETTINGS #######

###############################################################################
########   DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING   ##########
###############################################################################

####### Preparing mount location variables #######
LocalFilesLocation="$LocalFilesShare/$RcloneRemoteName" # Location for local files to be merged with rclone mount
RcloneMountLocation="$RcloneMountShare/$RcloneRemoteName" # Location for rclone mount
MergerFSMountLocation="$MergerfsMountShare/$RcloneRemoteName" # Rclone data folder location

####### create directories for rclone mount and mergerfs mounts #######
mkdir -p /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName # for script files
eval mkdir -p $LocalFilesLocation/"$MountFolders"
mkdir -p $RcloneMountLocation
mkdir -p $MergerFSMountLocation

#######  Check if script is already running  #######
echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Starting mount of remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Checking if this script is already running."
if [[ -f "/mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/mount_running" ]]; then
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Exiting script as already running."
    exit
else
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Script not running - proceeding."
    touch /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/mount_running
fi

#######  Check If Rclone Mount Already Created  #######

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Success ${RcloneRemoteName} remote is already mounted."
else
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Mount not running. Will now mount ${RcloneRemoteName} remote."

#######  Create RClone Mount  #######

# Check If Rclone Mount Already Created
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Success ${RcloneRemoteName} remote is already mounted."
else
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Mount not running. Will now mount ${RcloneRemoteName} remote."
# Creating mountcheck file in case it doesn't already exist
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Recreating mountcheck file for ${RcloneRemoteName} remote."
    touch mountcheck
    rclone copy mountcheck $RcloneRemoteName: -vv --no-traverse

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Success ${RcloneRemoteName} Mountcheck successfully copied.  Proceeding."
    else
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Success ${RcloneRemoteName} mountcheck copy failed.  Please investigate your rclone config and settings."
        exit
    fi

# Check bind option
    if [[  $CreateBindMount == 'Y' ]]; then
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Checking if IP address ${RCloneMountIP} already created for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
        ping -q -c2 $RCloneMountIP > /dev/null # -q quiet, -c number of pings to perform
        if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then # ping returns exit status 0 if successful
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** IP address ${RCloneMountIP} already created for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
        else
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Creating IP address ${RCloneMountIP} for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
            ip addr add $RCloneMountIP/24 dev $NetworkAdapter label $NetworkAdapter:$VirtualIPNumber
        fi
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Creating bind mount ${RCloneMountIP} for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
    else
        RCloneMountIP=""
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Creating mount for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
    fi
# create rclone mount
    rclone mount \
    --allow-other \
    --buffer-size 256M \
    --dir-cache-time 720h \
    --drive-chunk-size 512M \
    --log-level INFO \
    --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M \
    --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off \
    --vfs-cache-mode writes \
    --bind=$RCloneMountIP \
    $RcloneRemoteName: $RcloneMountLocation &

# Check if Mount Successful
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: sleeping for 5 seconds"
# slight pause to give mount time to finalise
    sleep 5
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: continuing..."
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Successful mount of ${RcloneRemoteName} mount."
    else
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") CRITICAL: ${RcloneRemoteName} mount failed - please check for problems."
        exit
    fi
fi

####### Start MergerFS Mount #######

if [[  $MergerfsMountShare == 'ignore' ]]; then
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Not creating mergerfs mount as requested."
else
    if [[ -f "$MergerFSMountLocation/mountcheck" ]]; then
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Check successful, ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount in place."
    else
# check if mergerfs already installed
        if [[ -f "/bin/mergerfs" ]]; then
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Mergerfs already installed, proceeding to create mergerfs mount"
        else
# Build mergerfs binary
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Mergerfs not installed - installing now."
            mkdir -p /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs
            docker run -v /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs:/build --rm trapexit/mergerfs-static-build
            mv /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs/mergerfs /bin
        fi
# Create mergerfs mount
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Creating ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount."
# Extra Mergerfs folders
        if [[  $LocalFilesShare2 != 'ignore' ]]; then
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Adding ${LocalFilesShare2} to ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount."
            LocalFilesShare2=":$LocalFilesShare2"
        else
            LocalFilesShare2=""
        fi
        if [[  $LocalFilesShare3 != 'ignore' ]]; then
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Adding ${LocalFilesShare3} to ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount."
            LocalFilesShare3=":$LocalFilesShare3"
        else
            LocalFilesShare3=""
        fi

if [[  $LocalFilesShare4 != 'ignore' ]]; then
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Adding ${LocalFilesShare4} to ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount."
            LocalFilesShare4=":$LocalFilesShare4"
        else
            LocalFilesShare4=""
        fi
# mergerfs mount command
        mergerfs $LocalFilesLocation:$RcloneMountLocation$LocalFilesShare2$LocalFilesShare3$LocalFilesShare4 $MergerFSMountLocation -o rw,async_read=false,use_ino,allow_other,func.getattr=newest,category.action=all,category.create=ff,cache.files=partial,dropcacheonclose=true
# check if mergerfs mount successful
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Checking if ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount created."
        if [[ -f "$MergerFSMountLocation/mountcheck" ]]; then
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Check successful, ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount created."
        else
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") CRITICAL: ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount failed."

exit
        fi
    fi
fi

####### Starting Dockers That Need Mergerfs Mount To Work Properly #######

# only start dockers once
if [[ -f "/mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/dockers_started" ]]; then
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: dockers already started."
else
    touch /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/dockers_started
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Starting dockers."
    docker start $DockerStart
fi

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Script complete"

exit

15.02.2020 16:24:55 INFO: *** Starting mount of remote google_vfs
15.02.2020 16:24:55 INFO: Checking if this script is already running.
15.02.2020 16:24:55 INFO: Script not running - proceeding.
/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rClone_Mount/script: line 216: syntax error: unexpected end of file
Script Finished Sat, 15 Feb 2020 16:24:55 +1300

I have been using the original scripts without issues, i decided to try mergerfs today but i cant get the new script to mount. I believe i made the correct changers to match my local setup.

9 hours ago, DZMM said:

@KeyBoardDabbler one slash too many:

LocalFilesShare="//mnt/user/local"

Edit: whoops sorry realised that was me - must have slipped in when updating on GitHub.  Fixed.

I did notice that double slash but i was not sure as it matched the GitHub repo.

I updated the scripts, unmounted old my old unionfs and tried to run the new script once again. no errors but nothing got mounted as unionfs and rclone folder is empty. I ran the umount script, tried mounting once again with the same error coming up.

16.02.2020 06:46:22 INFO: *** Starting mount of remote google_vfs
16.02.2020 06:46:22 INFO: Checking if this script is already running.
16.02.2020 06:46:22 INFO: Exiting script as already running.
Script Finished Sun, 16 Feb 2020 06:46:22 +1300

Full logs for this script are available at /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rClone_Mount/log.txt

Script Starting Sun, 16 Feb 2020 06:56:26 +1300

Full logs for this script are available at /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rClone_Mount/log.txt

16.02.2020 06:56:26 INFO: *** Starting mount of remote google_vfs
16.02.2020 06:56:26 INFO: Checking if this script is already running.
16.02.2020 06:56:26 INFO: Script not running - proceeding.
/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rClone_Mount/script: line 216: syntax error: unexpected end of file
Script Finished Sun, 16 Feb 2020 06:56:26 +1300

Script Starting Sun, 16 Feb 2020 06:56:52 +1300

16.02.2020 06:56:52 INFO: *** Starting mount of remote google_vfs
16.02.2020 06:56:52 INFO: Checking if this script is already running.
16.02.2020 06:56:52 INFO: Exiting script as already running.
Script Finished Sun, 16 Feb 2020 06:56:52 +1300

3 hours ago, DZMM said:

@KeyBoardDabbler sorry the extra check I added (too) quickly without testing for @bar1 broke the mount script.  Please try 0.96.4 

https://github.com/BinsonBuzz/unraid_rclone_mount/blob/latest---mergerfs-support/rclone_mount

0.96.4 mount script still failed to mount.

16.02.2020 15:05:55 INFO: *** Starting mount of remote google_vfs
16.02.2020 15:05:55 INFO: Checking if this script is already running.
16.02.2020 15:05:55 INFO: Exiting script as already running.
Script Finished Sun, 16 Feb 2020 15:05:55 +1300

6 hours ago, KeyBoardDabbler said:

16.02.2020 15:05:55 INFO: Exiting script as already running.

because the script errored out before you still have the mount_running file there.  Delete it manually from rm /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/mount_running or run the unmount script to cleanup everything first.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:20 PM, DZMM said:

it sounds like it's failing to copy the mountcheck file to the remote i.e. something is wrong with your rclone config which doesn't have permission to add files to google.  I've added a new section to the mount script to check if the mountcheck copy is successful - try the latest version 0.96.2+

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Success ${RcloneRemoteName} Mountcheck successfully copied.  Proceeding."
	else
		echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Success ${RcloneRemoteName} mountcheck copy failed.  Please investigate your rclone config and settings."
		exit
	fi

And once again - can you please post the whole log output, formatted, so people can read.  There's a lot of messaging in there that will help people get you up and running.

Wait a second....the one drive i am testing on is not mine, and my access to it is read only.

Upload Script 0.95.2

Thanks to @watchmeexplode5 helping me fix me being stupid and not using my own script properly, which led to him adding another nice simplification.

--drive-service-account-file added to upload remote, removing the need to add a remote that isn't 'used' for the upload job.

Before if using an encrypted remote e.g. gdrive_vfs: the service account was added to gdrive: . Now, via --drive-service-account-file the rotating of SAs is done in gdrive_vfs:

https://github.com/BinsonBuzz/unraid_rclone_mount/blob/latest---mergerfs-support/rclone_upload

• Thanks 3
On 2/16/2020 at 9:21 PM, DZMM said:

because the script errored out before you still have the mount_running file there.  Delete it manually from rm /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/mount_running or run the unmount script to cleanup everything first.

thankyou for the advice....

I ran the unmount script and got a little further this time with the mount script but it still failed.

18.02.2020 12:08:02 INFO: *** Starting mount of remote google_vfs
18.02.2020 12:08:02 INFO: Checking if this script is already running.
18.02.2020 12:08:02 INFO: Script not running - proceeding.
18.02.2020 12:08:02 INFO: Mount not running. Will now mount google_vfs remote.
18.02.2020 12:08:02 INFO: Recreating mountcheck file for google_vfs remote.
2020/02/18 12:08:02 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.51.0-042-g219bd97e-beta" starting with parameters ["rcloneorig" "--config" "/boot/config/plugins/rclone-beta/.rclone.conf" "copy" "mountcheck" "google_vfs:" "-vv" "--no-traverse"]
2020/02/18 12:08:02 DEBUG : Using config file from "/boot/config/plugins/rclone-beta/.rclone.conf"
2020/02/18 12:08:02 Failed to create file system for "google_vfs:": didn't find section in config file
18.02.2020 12:08:02 INFO: *** Creating mount for remote google_vfs
18.02.2020 12:08:02 INFO: sleeping for 5 seconds
2020/02/18 12:08:02 Failed to create file system for "google_vfs:": didn't find section in config file
18.02.2020 12:08:07 INFO: continuing...
18.02.2020 12:08:07 CRITICAL: google_vfs mount failed - please check for problems.
Script Finished Tue, 18 Feb 2020 12:08:07 +1300

@DZMM My mistake, i had typo on the remote name. The mount script finished this time with no issues.

I have noticed the folder structure is not right though, It mounts to "mount_unionfs\gdrive_media_vfs" instead of "mount_unionfs\google_vfs"

I have tried running the unmount script but the gdrive seems to be still mounted as a can still access all my files.

#!/bin/bash

#######################
### Cleanup Script ####
#######################
#### Version 0.9.1 ####
#######################

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Starting rclone_cleanup script ***"

####### Cleanup Tracking Files #######

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Removing Tracking Files ***"

find /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes -name dockers_started -delete
find /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes -name mount_running -delete
find /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes -name upload_running -delete
echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: ***Finished Cleanup! ***"

exit

18.02.2020 17:36:33 INFO: *** Starting rclone_cleanup script ***
18.02.2020 17:36:33 INFO: *** Removing Tracking Files ***
18.02.2020 17:36:33 INFO: ***Finished Cleanup! ***
Script Finished Tue, 18 Feb 2020 17:36:33 +1300

Full logs for this script are available at /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rClone_Unmount/log.txt

Edited by KeyBoardDabbler

@KeyBoardDabbler it mounted to that location because of what settings you put in the config.

You make a good point about the cleanup script as it now cleans up at array start, rather than actually unmounting as mounts now could be anywhere from multiple mount instances e.g. I have 4.  I do need to find a way for people to unmount outside of a reboot or doing manually with my scripts.

5 minutes ago, DZMM said:

@KeyBoardDabbler it mounted to that location because of what settings you put in the config.

You make a good point about the cleanup script as it now cleans up at array start, rather than actually unmounting as mounts now could be anywhere from multiple mount instances e.g. I have 4.  I do need to find a way for people to unmount outside of a reboot or doing manually with my scripts.

Thought of a way to do this.  For now just do fusermount -uz /path/to/rclonemount and also to mergerfs mount

Really like the new upload script - enough to completely switch to using Service Accounts now.

Very easy to customize as well e.g. have dedicated log files for each of my 11 team drives + sharing 100 SA's among them so now my big backup job can complete overnight.

Also found an unexpected extra use for mergerfs - to pool multiple external USB SSD's to make up a single pool for my offline backup. The "least used space" policy is serviceable with mixed-size pool to distribute data as evenly as possible (I prefer most free percentage but I don't think that's an option).

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, testdasi said:

Very easy to customize as well e.g. have dedicated log files for each of my 11 team drives + sharing 100 SA's among them so now my big backup job can complete overnight.

How did you add in the log files?  Worth adding to the main script?

I agree you can do some nice stuff with mergerfs.  What I've done is created a pool for each of the local shares for my tdrives, and I then do one upload job from that pool to one tdrive, and then do superfast server-side moves to put the files in the right teamdrives.  Means I have one upload script running, rather than multiple ones eating up RAM.

I have a 250gb SSD cache drive that is capable of saturating my bandwidth when downloading.

I'm currently using the mount location of /mnt/user/... for NZBGet, Sonarr etc, but when downloading because /mnt/user/ is located on my spinners it's makes it cap at around 16 MBps (I have gigabit).  Is it advisable to switch from /mnt/user to /mnt/cache on a 250gb SSD to speed up downloading?

Should I just swap

/downloads <-> /mnt/user/mount_mergefs/google_vfs/downloads

on the 3 applications to:

/download <-> /mnt/cache/mount_mergefs/google_vfs/downloads

or would I need to change all of the folders (ie: data location) to cache as well?

4 hours ago, Roken said:

I have a 250gb SSD cache drive that is capable of saturating my bandwidth when downloading.

I'm currently using the mount location of /mnt/user/... for NZBGet, Sonarr etc, but when downloading because /mnt/user/ is located on my spinners it's makes it cap at around 16 MBps (I have gigabit).  Is it advisable to switch from /mnt/user to /mnt/cache on a 250gb SSD to speed up downloading?

I have never had to use /mnt/cache to max out my download speed. I have set my downloads folder to use ssd cache to 'yes' in share settings and have done without cache as well and my download speed didn't change.

these are my mappings

/user > /mnt/user