Guide: How To Use Rclone To Mount Cloud Drives And Play Files

DZMM

1 hour ago, DZMM said:

@teh0wner mergerfs doesn't have anything to do with moving files from local to the cloud - the upload script does that.

- If you don't want files from local to be uploaded then don't run the upload script.

- If you want to want to add 2 local folders to mergerfs for Plex etc and not have one uploaded then you'll have to do some mergerfs tinkering.  Not hard you just have to read up a bit on mergerfs.

I just wanted to thank you for these amazing scripts and all the help.  I got them all working and had my first successful upload last night. This is a game changer!  With gig/gig service I had 10 simultaneous streams and no issues. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
58 minutes ago, veritas2884 said:

With gig/gig service I had 10 simultaneous streams and no issues. 

I'm impressed you uploaded that much content so quickly, or did you just stress test using your own kit? 

In my experience, if you have enough bandwidth then the only limit on plex is the same as if the files existed locally i.e. have you got enough CPU power to handle the streams (and RAM for rclone) because as far as plex is concerned, it's just opening normal media files.

Edited by DZMM
2 hours ago, vaski said:

I had an issue building the "trapexit/mergerfs-static-build" docker and created a ticket at trapexit's github page.

He fixed the issue within minutes, but warned that this docker was in no way intended to be used in a "production environment"
More details can be found here 

https://github.com/trapexit/mergerfs/issues/721

The image was just for building the master branch. No one ever mentioned wanting to us it as a dependency to something else. It just builds a static binary in an alpine container.

I've updated to build with the latest tag rather than master and you can override it with the envvar TAG. If you want stability you should probably pick a specific version and not just get whatever happens to be latest.

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, vaski said:

I had an issue building the "trapexit/mergerfs-static-build" docker and created a ticket at trapexit's github page.

He fixed the issue within minutes, but warned that this docker was in no way intended to be used in a "production environment"
More details can be found here 

https://github.com/trapexit/mergerfs/issues/721

Luckily, the next release of rclone looks like it will include rclone union so we'll have an all-in-one solution:

https://forum.rclone.org/t/multiwrite-union-test-beta/14458/43?u=binsonbuzz

https://github.com/rclone/rclone/blob/pr-3782-union/docs/content/union.md

Current mergerfs command is:

mergerfs $LocalFilesLocation:$RcloneMountLocation$LocalFilesShare2$LocalFilesShare3$LocalFilesShare4 $MergerFSMountLocation -o 
rw,async_read=false,use_ino,allow_other,func.getattr=newest,category.action=all,category.create=ff,cache.files=partial,dropcacheonclose=true

Union uses most of the same commands so the equivalent that the script can create (not sure what happens with 'rclone config update' if the remote doesn't exist yet) :

rclone config update $RcloneUnionRemoteName --union-upstreams $LocalFilesLocation $RcloneMountLocation --union-action-policy all --union-create-policy ff --union-search-policy ff --union-cache-time ????

I'm not sure what the best union-cache-time will be yet - I've asked on the rclone forums. 

Once the remote is made it will just need mounting:

rclone mount $RcloneUnionRemoteName: $RcloneMountLocation &

I'm not sure whether thinks like dir-cache-time, drive-chunk-size, vfs-read-chunk-size etc will be needed on the union remote mount, or whether setting on the child rclone mount will be enough - I think it will be as the union is just accessing files via the upstreams.

Edited by DZMM
4 hours ago, trapexit said:

The image was just for building the master branch. No one ever mentioned wanting to us it as a dependency to something else. It just builds a static binary in an alpine container.

I've updated to build with the latest tag rather than master and you can override it with the envvar TAG. If you want stability you should probably pick a specific version and not just get whatever happens to be latest.

@trapexit thanks for building the docker and taking the time to register to let us know about the update.  Appreciate it!  To be honest I haven't noticed any problems, but will never say no to more security!

16 minutes ago, testdasi said:

How would rclone union treat RO+RW mix? In other words, will there be CoW? 🐮

If I understand what you're asking correctly, I think you'll have to create a union remote with your ro remotes, and then add them to another union with a ff or similar policy after your rw remotes.

It's not quite as functional as mergerfs yet, but maybe post your usecase on the thread now while they are building as I think ncw did do a shout out for usecases.

I've had an issue with the mount script today.. complaining about cache running out of space.

2020/03/01 09:17:44 ERROR : downloads/ABC.mkv: Failed to copy: multpart copy: write failed: write /root/.cache/rclone/vfs/google_drive_encrypted_vfs/ABC.mkv: no space left on device

Is there a way I can change the cache location? AFAIK /root/.cache is on the sdcard, which barely has any space. Ideally this would be my cache disk.

Fix Common Problems has flagged it up too - diagnostics attached.

Got that working using --cache-dir in rclone_mount script during mounting, however, it (weirdly) seems mergerfs doesn't like that. I can see the rclone_mount just fine, but trying to access merger_fs mount, just hangs. Any ideas why this might be the case?

Thanks

r2-d2-diagnostics-20200301-1115.zip

Edited by teh0wner
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, teh0wner said:

I've had an issue with the mount script today.. complaining about cache running out of space.

2020/03/01 09:17:44 ERROR : downloads/ABC.mkv: Failed to copy: multpart copy: write failed: write /root/.cache/rclone/vfs/google_drive_encrypted_vfs/ABC.mkv: no space left on device

Is there a way I can change the cache location? AFAIK /root/.cache is on the sdcard, which barely has any space. Ideally this would be my cache disk.

Fix Common Problems has flagged it up too - diagnostics attached.

Got that working using --cache-dir in rclone_mount script during mounting, however, it (weirdly) seems mergerfs doesn't like that. I can see the rclone_mount just fine, but trying to access merger_fs mount, just hangs. Any ideas why this might be the case?

Thanks

r2-d2-diagnostics-20200301-1115.zip 90.67 kB · 0 downloads

I'm also seeing an issue with mergerfs hanging @teh0wner. I was doing some maintenance last night and decided to update to the latest version of this script and could not access the mergerfs mount. It would peg a single core on the CPU and just hang. I reverted back to the older script, that had previously been working for a month+, and seeing the same issue. I blew away all directories (local, mount_rclone, mount_mergerfs, appdata/other) and clean reboot with same issue. Looking at the last few posts I'm wondering if it isn't something that changed with trapexit/mergerfs-static-build

Edited by Spatial Disorder
1 hour ago, Spatial Disorder said:

I'm also seeing an issue with mergerfs hanging @teh0wner. I was doing some maintenance last night and decided to update to the latest version of this script and could not access the mergerfs mount. It would peg a single core on the CPU and just hang. I reverted back to the older script, that had previously been working for a month+, and seeing the same issue. I blew away all directories (local, mount_rclone, mount_mergerfs, appdata/other) and clean reboot with same issue. Looking at the last few posts I'm wondering if it isn't something that changed with trapexit/mergerfs-static-build

I was thinking the same and have tried a few things.. Doing a docker pull on it, modifying the docker run to include a tag, etc and nothing seems to have worked. Even reverted back to the original rclone_mount script and now getting the following:

2020/03/01 15:01:32 DEBUG : 7 go routines active
01.03.2020 15:01:32 INFO: *** Creating mount for remote google_drive_encrypted_vfs
01.03.2020 15:01:32 INFO: sleeping for 5 seconds
01.03.2020 15:01:37 INFO: continuing...
01.03.2020 15:01:38 INFO: Successful mount of google_drive_encrypted_vfs mount.
01.03.2020 15:01:38 INFO: Mergerfs not installed - installing now.
mv: cannot stat '/mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs/mergerfs': No such file or directory
01.03.2020 15:01:47 INFO: Creating google_drive_encrypted_vfs mergerfs mount.
01.03.2020 15:01:47 INFO: Adding /mnt/user/data/local_storage to google_drive_encrypted_vfs mergerfs mount.
/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/rclone_mount/script: line 174: mergerfs: command not found
01.03.2020 15:01:47 INFO: Checking if google_drive_encrypted_vfs mergerfs mount created.
01.03.2020 15:01:47 CRITICAL: google_drive_encrypted_vfs mergerfs mount failed.
Script Finished Sun, 01 Mar 2020 15:01:47 +0000

8 minutes ago, DZMM said:

@teh0wner can you post your chosen mount options as I think you've got something wrong in there

@Spatial Disorder have you tried installing mergerfs again since the change?

Please find below. This was working just fine yesterday.

#!/bin/bash

######################
#### Mount Script ####
######################
### Version 0.96.4 ###
######################

####### EDIT ONLY THESE SETTINGS #######

# INSTRUCTIONS
# 1. Change the name of the rclone remote and shares to match your setup
# 2. NOTE: enter RcloneRemoteName WITHOUT ':'
# 3. Optional: include custom command and bind mount settings
# 4. Optional: include extra folders in mergerfs mount

# REQUIRED SETTINGS
RcloneRemoteName="google_drive_encrypted_vfs" # Name of rclone remote mount WITHOUT ':'. NOTE: Choose your encrypted remote for sensitive data
LocalFilesShare="/mnt/user/data/staged_storage" # location of the local files you want to upload without trailing slash to rclone e.g. /mnt/user/local
RcloneMountShare="/mnt/user/data/remote_storage" # where your rclone remote will be located without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_rclone
MergerfsMountShare="/mnt/user/data/merged_storage" # location without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_mergerfs. Enter 'ignore' to disable
DockerStart="XYZ ABC" # not the real dockers
MountFolders=\{"media/TV,media/Movies,media/Anime,media/Music"\} # comma separated list of folders to create within the mount
CacheDir="/mnt/cache/cache_tmp/"

# Note: Again - remember to NOT use ':' in your remote name above

# OPTIONAL SETTINGS

# Add extra paths to mergerfs mount in addition to LocalFilesShare
LocalFilesShare2="/mnt/user/data/local_storage" # without trailing slash e.g. /mnt/user/other__remote_mount/or_other_local_folder.  Enter 'ignore' to disable
LocalFilesShare3="ignore"
LocalFilesShare4="ignore"

# Add extra commands or filters
Command1="--rc"
Command2=""
Command3=""
Command4=""
Command5=""
Command6=""
Command7=""
Command8=""

CreateBindMount="N" # Y/N. Choose whether to bind traffic to a particular network adapter
RCloneMountIP="192.168.1.120" # My unraid IP is 172.30.12.2 so I create another similar IP address
NetworkAdapter="eth0" # choose your network adapter. eth0 recommended
VirtualIPNumber="2" # creates eth0:x e.g. eth0:1.  I create a unique virtual IP addresses for each mount & upload so I can monitor and traffic shape for each of them

####### END SETTINGS #######

###############################################################################
########   DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING   ##########
###############################################################################

####### Preparing mount location variables #######
LocalFilesLocation="$LocalFilesShare/$RcloneRemoteName" # Location for local files to be merged with rclone mount
RcloneMountLocation="$RcloneMountShare/$RcloneRemoteName" # Location for rclone mount
MergerFSMountLocation="$MergerfsMountShare/$RcloneRemoteName" # Rclone data folder location
CacheLocation="$CacheDir/$RcloneRemoteName"

####### create directories for rclone mount and mergerfs mounts #######
mkdir -p /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName #for script files
eval mkdir -p $LocalFilesLocation/"$MountFolders"
mkdir -p $RcloneMountLocation
mkdir -p $MergerFSMountLocation

#######  Check if script is already running  #######
echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Starting mount of remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Checking if this script is already running."
if [[ -f "/mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/mount_running" ]]; then
	echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Exiting script as already running."
	exit
else
	echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Script not running - proceeding."
	touch /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/mount_running
fi

#######  Create RClone Mount  #######

# Check If Rclone Mount Already Created
if [[ -f "$RcloneMountLocation/mountcheck" ]]; then
	echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Success ${RcloneRemoteName} remote is already mounted."
else
	echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Mount not running. Will now mount ${RcloneRemoteName} remote."
# Creating mountcheck file in case it doesn't already exist
	echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Recreating mountcheck file for ${RcloneRemoteName} remote."
	touch mountcheck
	rclone copy mountcheck $RcloneRemoteName: -vv --no-traverse
# Check bind option
	if [[  $CreateBindMount == 'Y' ]]; then
		echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Checking if IP address ${RCloneMountIP} already created for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
		ping -q -c2 $RCloneMountIP > /dev/null # -q quiet, -c number of pings to perform
		if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then # ping returns exit status 0 if successful
			echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** IP address ${RCloneMountIP} already created for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
		else
			echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Creating IP address ${RCloneMountIP} for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
			ip addr add $RCloneMountIP/24 dev $NetworkAdapter label $NetworkAdapter:$VirtualIPNumber
		fi
		echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Creating bind mount ${RCloneMountIP} for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
	else
		RCloneMountIP=""
		echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Creating mount for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
	fi
# create rclone mount
	rclone mount \
	--allow-other \
	--buffer-size 256M \
	--dir-cache-time 720h \
	--drive-chunk-size 512M \
	--log-level INFO \
	--cache-dir $CacheLocation \
	--vfs-read-chunk-size 128M \
	--vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off \
	--vfs-cache-mode writes \
	--bind=$RCloneMountIP \
	$RcloneRemoteName: $RcloneMountLocation &

# Check if Mount Successful
	echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: sleeping for 5 seconds"
# slight pause to give mount time to finalise
	sleep 5
	echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: continuing..."
	if [[ -f "$RcloneMountLocation/mountcheck" ]]; then
		echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Successful mount of ${RcloneRemoteName} mount."
	else
		echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") CRITICAL: ${RcloneRemoteName} mount failed - please check for problems."
		rm /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/mount_running
		exit
	fi
fi

####### Start MergerFS Mount #######

if [[  $MergerfsMountShare == 'ignore' ]]; then
	echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Not creating mergerfs mount as requested."
else
	if [[ -f "$MergerFSMountLocation/mountcheck" ]]; then
		echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Check successful, ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount in place."
	else
# check if mergerfs already installed
		if [[ -f "/bin/mergerfs" ]]; then
			echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Mergerfs already installed, proceeding to create mergerfs mount"
		else
# Build mergerfs binary
			echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Mergerfs not installed - installing now."
			mkdir -p /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs
			docker run -v /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs:/build --rm trapexit/mergerfs-static-build
			mv /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs/mergerfs /bin
		fi
# Create mergerfs mount
		echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Creating ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount."
# Extra Mergerfs folders
		if [[  $LocalFilesShare2 != 'ignore' ]]; then
			echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Adding ${LocalFilesShare2} to ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount."
			LocalFilesShare2=":$LocalFilesShare2"
		else
			LocalFilesShare2=""
		fi
		if [[  $LocalFilesShare3 != 'ignore' ]]; then
			echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Adding ${LocalFilesShare3} to ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount."
			LocalFilesShare3=":$LocalFilesShare3"
		else
			LocalFilesShare3=""
		fi

if [[  $LocalFilesShare4 != 'ignore' ]]; then
			echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Adding ${LocalFilesShare4} to ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount."
			LocalFilesShare4=":$LocalFilesShare4"
		else
			LocalFilesShare4=""
		fi
# mergerfs mount command
		mergerfs $LocalFilesLocation:$RcloneMountLocation$LocalFilesShare2$LocalFilesShare3$LocalFilesShare4 $MergerFSMountLocation -o rw,async_read=false,use_ino,allow_other,func.getattr=newest,category.action=all,category.create=ff,cache.files=partial,dropcacheonclose=true
# check if mergerfs mount successful
		echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Checking if ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount created."
		if [[ -f "$MergerFSMountLocation/mountcheck" ]]; then
			echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Check successful, ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount created."
		else
			echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") CRITICAL: ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount failed."
		exit
		fi
	fi
fi

####### Starting Dockers That Need Mergerfs Mount To Work Properly #######

# only start dockers once
if [[ -f "/mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/dockers_started" ]]; then
	echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: dockers already started."
else
	touch /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/dockers_started
	echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Starting dockers."
	docker start $DockerStart
fi

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Script complete"

exit

CacheDir is being used in the rclone mount command, in order for the cache to go explicitly on my cache, and not /root/.cache - the latter caused some major issues.

Edited by teh0wner

@teh0wner all looks ok.  I just did a test install of mergerfs:

mkdir -p /mnt/user/appdata/other/test/mergerfs
docker run -v /mnt/user/appdata/other/test/mergerfs:/build --rm trapexit/mergerfs-static-build

and all was ok. 

mergerfs version: 2.29.0-5-gada90ea
FUSE library version: 2.9.7-mergerfs_2.29.0
using FUSE kernel interface version 7.31
'build/mergerfs' -> '/build/mergerfs'

I'd ping @trapexit or raise an issue on the mergerfs site as all is well for me.

3 minutes ago, DZMM said:

@teh0wner all looks ok.  I just did a test install of mergerfs:

mkdir -p /mnt/user/appdata/other/test/mergerfs
docker run -v /mnt/user/appdata/other/test/mergerfs:/build --rm trapexit/mergerfs-static-build

and all was ok. 

'build/mergerfs' -> '/build/mergerfs'

I'd ping @trapexit or raise an issue on the mergerfs site as all is well for me.

The error comes at mv. 

root@R2-D2:~# mkdir -p /mnt/user/appdata/other/test/mergerfs
root@R2-D2:~# docker run -v /mnt/user/appdata/other/test/mergerfs:/build --rm trapexit/mergerfs-static-build
root@R2-D2:~# mv /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs/mergerfs /bin
mv: cannot stat '/mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs/mergerfs': No such file or directory
root@R2-D2:~# ls -ltra /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs/
total 0
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 61 Feb 27 11:22 ../
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root  6 Mar  1 13:34 ./
root@R2-D2:~# 

37 minutes ago, teh0wner said:

The error comes at mv. 

root@R2-D2:~# mkdir -p /mnt/user/appdata/other/test/mergerfs
root@R2-D2:~# docker run -v /mnt/user/appdata/other/test/mergerfs:/build --rm trapexit/mergerfs-static-build
root@R2-D2:~# mv /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs/mergerfs /bin
root@R2-D2:~# ls -ltra /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs/
total 0
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 61 Feb 27 11:22 ../
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root  6 Mar  1 13:34 ./
root@R2-D2:~# 

Are you sure?  It looks like it didn't install mergerfs and hence nothing to mv.  There should be pages and pages of text after the docker run command.

Also, the test build I did is in  /mnt/user/appdata/other/test/mergerfs so you need to do:

mv  /mnt/user/appdata/other/test/mergerfs /bin

Edited by DZMM
20 minutes ago, DZMM said:

Are you sure?  It looks like it didn't install mergerfs and hence nothing to mv.  There should be pages and pages of text after the docker run command.

Also, the test build I did is in  /mnt/user/appdata/other/test/mergerfs so you need to do:

mv  /mnt/user/appdata/other/test/mergerfs /bin

Indeed - even that though is exactly the same issue. mergerfs doesn't seem to install properly. I'm wondering if it has to do anything with the issues mentioned above with the branches. Looking at the docker images I have..

trapexit/mergerfs-static-build   latest              9fd5a8a2dbc2        23 hours ago        5.58MB

This looks like it could contain the dodgy version. I tried doing a docker pull though, so I would assume it would pick up the actual latest with the fix.

Edited by teh0wner
1 hour ago, DZMM said:

@teh0wner can you post your chosen mount options as I think you've got something wrong in there

@Spatial Disorder have you tried installing mergerfs again since the change?

@DZMM I blew away all shares and appdata, rebooted, then manually ran

mkdir -p /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs
docker run -v /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs:/build --rm trapexit/mergerfs-static-build
mv /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs/mergerfs /bin

I then ran the latest gdrive_rclone_mount script and it runs successfully (shown below). As soon as I even try to list contents of mount_mergerfs the terminal freezes and it pegs a core on the CPU and never responds. I'm not sure what to try...

Script location: /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/gdrive_mount/script
Note that closing this window will abort the execution of this script
01.03.2020 12:50:26 INFO: *** Starting mount of remote gdrive_media_vfs
01.03.2020 12:50:26 INFO: Checking if this script is already running.
01.03.2020 12:50:26 INFO: Script not running - proceeding.
01.03.2020 12:50:26 INFO: Mount not running. Will now mount gdrive_media_vfs remote.
01.03.2020 12:50:26 INFO: Recreating mountcheck file for gdrive_media_vfs remote.
2020/03/01 12:50:26 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.51.0-076-g38a4d50e-beta" starting with parameters ["rcloneorig" "--config" "/boot/config/plugins/rclone-beta/.rclone.conf" "copy" "mountcheck" "gdrive_media_vfs:" "-vv" "--no-traverse"]
2020/03/01 12:50:26 DEBUG : Using config file from "/boot/config/plugins/rclone-beta/.rclone.conf"
2020/03/01 12:50:27 DEBUG : mountcheck: Modification times differ by -12h40m10.128729289s: 2020-03-01 12:50:26.567729289 -0500 EST, 2020-03-01 05:10:16.439 +0000 UTC
2020/03/01 12:50:29 INFO : mountcheck: Copied (replaced existing)
2020/03/01 12:50:29 INFO :
Transferred: 32 / 32 Bytes, 100%, 20 Bytes/s, ETA 0s
Transferred: 1 / 1, 100%
Elapsed time: 1.5s

2020/03/01 12:50:29 DEBUG : 7 go routines active
01.03.2020 12:50:29 INFO: *** Creating mount for remote gdrive_media_vfs
01.03.2020 12:50:29 INFO: sleeping for 5 seconds
01.03.2020 12:50:34 INFO: continuing...
01.03.2020 12:50:34 INFO: Successful mount of gdrive_media_vfs mount.
01.03.2020 12:50:34 INFO: Mergerfs already installed, proceeding to create mergerfs mount
01.03.2020 12:50:34 INFO: Creating gdrive_media_vfs mergerfs mount.
01.03.2020 12:50:34 INFO: Checking if gdrive_media_vfs mergerfs mount created.
01.03.2020 12:50:34 INFO: Check successful, gdrive_media_vfs mergerfs mount created.
01.03.2020 12:50:34 INFO: Starting dockers.
"docker start" requires at least 1 argument.
See 'docker start --help'.

Usage: docker start [OPTIONS] CONTAINER [CONTAINER...]

Start one or more stopped containers
01.03.2020 12:50:34 INFO: Script complete

@teh0wner @Spatial Disorder I don't know what to do.  The script's working, but mergerfs seems wonky for you.  I built mine 3 days ago and I'm on:

root@Highlander:/mnt/user/public/mergerfs# mergerfs --version
fusermount3 version: 3.9.0

I'd ping @trapexit or raise an issue on github to see if he can shed any more light.  Hopefully it can be resolved whatever the problem is.  Until then, I guess I won't reboot!

You could in the meantime switch back to Unionfs for a bit- everything will still work, you just won't get the file management benefits.  Just use fusermount to unmount whatever mergerfs created, and then create a unionfs mount.

I've only just started following running this on Unraid, mainly seeing everything on getting the gdrive side of things setup.

Can someone point me something to read on setting up tdrives on Unraid. I have a media collection already in tdrive I'm looking to mount here instead.

Edit - reading the 5/2/20 UPDATE now!

Edited by Tuftuf
1 hour ago, teh0wner said:

I finally managed to get this working. Try and make a list of all docker images/containers you have, and nuke all the mergerfs ones. That will force pull the latest one, which seems to be working.

what command did you use to get the list?  I just tried docker ps, and it didn't include mergerfs

On 3/1/2020 at 9:37 PM, DZMM said:

what command did you use to get the list?  I just tried docker ps, and it didn't include mergerfs

I can see the mergerfs docker under Advanced View of the Docker tab on the GUI. It's greyed out like orphan but it isn't deleted by the orphan deletion script so I manually deleted it using the GUI.

So I followed all the steps and everything is working perfectly...my unraid server is being backed up to the google drive but i came across an issue that I dont know how to handle 

my setup:

rclone_upload      this is where I store my files locally

rclone_mount       this is the folder that gives me access to my files in google drive once i upload them using rclone

mount_unionfs     this is the folder that shows both my local files and cloud files 

*encryption is enabled for all my uploads 

the issue is:

I uploaded a file called "[take my home" as you can see I added "[" by mistake in the beginning of the file name... so I went to rclone_mount folder but to change it but I cannot, it keeps giving me an error message that says "an unexpected error is keeping you from renaming the file"

I tried deleting the file, I got the same error message !! "an unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the file"

Can anyone tell me what might cause that

Edited by livingonline8
additional info