Guide: How To Use Rclone To Mount Cloud Drives And Play Files

DZMM

@DZMM Is your upgrade post from unionfs to mergefs on page 46 still correct?

Just so i can type it out to sanity check myself, to upgrade i need too.

1.Unmount the drive and finish and current uploads.

2.Copy the new mount script and unmount scripts and replace my current mount script, using ctrl f to find and replace mount_mergerfs to mount_unions (does this also apply to the new upload script?, i still have a lot of data left in rclone_upload left to upload, but no transfer currently in progress)

3. run mount script and adjust upload script to only upload at 1AM every day.

11 hours ago, Bolagnaise said:

@DZMM Is your upgrade post from unionfs to mergefs on page 46 still correct?

Just so i can type it out to sanity check myself, to upgrade i need too.

1.Unmount the drive and finish and current uploads.

2.Copy the new mount script and unmount scripts and replace my current mount script, using ctrl f to find and replace mount_mergerfs to mount_unions (does this also apply to the new upload script?, i still have a lot of data left in rclone_upload left to upload, but no transfer currently in progress)

3. run mount script and adjust upload script to only upload at 1AM every day.

Probably not up to date.  There are comments on the new scripts which make moving easy - just:

1. make sure you haven't got any rclone activity going on - stop old scripts, uploads and any dockers using the mount

2. setup new paths - but /mount_unionfs etc as your mergerfs mount paths etc if that's what you have setup now.  Be careful to put your existing paths in

3. choose other script options

4. run scripts and if all ok, launch dockers

I had to put this down for a bit ... but coming back around... anyone else concerned about that 400K limit on the team drive? I think i'm at already 125K objects on my array. 

Will it muck things up if you split your stuff into various team drives? say 1 for each media type in your library? 3D movies, Animation, TV Shows, etc? 

Or is that adding unnecessary complication? 

1 hour ago, Bjur said:

Hi in my mountfolders, I just want media\tv

When I do:

MountFolders=\{"media/tv"\}

I get 2 folders. 1 media\tv which is correct but also a

{media

with subfolder

tv}

How do I stop that?

MountFolders=\{"downloads/complete,downloads/intermediate,downloads/seeds,movies,tv"\} # comma separated list of folders to create within the mount

I guess it fails if you only add one folder.  just create folder manually in your mergerfs mount.

12 hours ago, BRiT said:

That's what many already do, use multiple team drives.

Thanks,

Can you share some of your organization/folder structure? Also, do you have a bunch of mount scripts and a bunch of upload scripts? Or is it possible to use the extra sections on the script to manage these too? 

Thank you!

8 hours ago, axeman said:

Thanks,

Can you share some of your organization/folder structure? Also, do you have a bunch of mount scripts and a bunch of upload scripts? Or is it possible to use the extra sections on the script to manage these too? 

Thank you!

Multiple mounts, one upload and one tidy-up script.

@watchmeexplode5 did some testing and performance gets worse as you get closer to the 400k mark, so you'll need to do something like below soon:

1. My folder structure looks something like this:

mount_mergerfs/tdrive_vfs/movies

mount_mergerfs/tdrive_vfs/music

mount_mergerfs/tdrive_vfs/uhd

mount_mergerfs/tdrive_vfs/tv_adults

mount_mergerfs/tdrive_vfs/tv_kids

2. I created separate tdrives  / rclone mounts for some of the bigger folders e.g.

mount_rclone/tdrive_vfs/movies

mount_rclone/tdrive_vfs/music

mount_rclone/tdrive_vfs/uhd

mount_rclone/tdrive_vfs/adults_tv

for each of those I created a mount script instance where I do NOT create a mergerfs mount

3. I mount each in turn and for the final main mount add the extra tdrive rclone mounts as extra mergerfs folders:

###############################################################
###################### mount tdrive   #########################
###############################################################

# REQUIRED SETTINGS
RcloneRemoteName="tdrive_vfs"
RcloneMountShare="/mnt/user/mount_rclone"
LocalFilesShare="/mnt/user/local"
MergerfsMountShare="/mnt/user/mount_mergerfs"

# OPTIONAL SETTINGS

# Add extra paths to mergerfs mount in addition to LocalFilesShare
LocalFilesShare2="/mnt/user/mount_rclone/music" 
LocalFilesShare3="/mnt/user/mount_rclone/uhd"
LocalFilesShare4="/mnt/user/mount_rclone/adults_tv"

4. Run the single upload script - everything initially gets moved from /mnt/user/local/tdrive_vfs to the tdrive_vfs teamdrive

5. Overnight I run another script to move files from the folders that are in tdrive_vfs: to the correct teamdrive.  You have to work out the encrypted folder names for this to work.  Because rclone is moving the files, the mergerfs mount gets updated i.e. it looks to plex etc like they haven't moved

#!/bin/bash

rclone move tdrive:crypt/music_tdrive_encrypted_folder_name gdrive:crypt/music_tdrive_encrypted_folder_name \
--user-agent="transfer" \
-vv \
--buffer-size 512M \
--drive-chunk-size 512M \
--tpslimit 8 \
--checkers 8 \
--transfers 4 \
--order-by modtime,ascending \
--exclude *fuse_hidden* \
--exclude *_HIDDEN \
--exclude .recycle** \
--exclude .Recycle.Bin/** \
--exclude *.backup~* \
--exclude *.partial~* \
--drive-stop-on-upload-limit \
--delete-empty-src-dirs

rclone move tdrive:crypt/tv_tdrive_encrypted_folder_name tdrive_t_adults:crypt/tv_tdrive_encrypted_folder_name \
-vv \
--buffer-size 512M \
--tpslimit 8 \
--checkers 8 \
--transfers 4 \
--exclude *_HIDDEN \
--exclude .recycle** \
--exclude *.backup~* \
--exclude *.partial~* \
--delete-empty-src-dirs

rclone move tdrive:crypt/uhd_tdrive_encrypted_folder_name tdrive_uhd:crypt/uhd_tdrive_encrypted_folder_name \
-vv \
--buffer-size 512M \
--tpslimit 8 \
--checkers 8 \
--transfers 4 \
--exclude *_HIDDEN \
--exclude .recycle** \
--exclude *.backup~* \
--exclude *.partial~* \
--delete-empty-src-dirs

exit

Edited by DZMM
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
14 minutes ago, DZMM said:

Multiple mounts, one upload and one tidy-up script.

@watchmeexplode5 did some testing and performance gets worse as you get closer to the 400k mark, so you'll need to do something like below soon:

1. My folder structure looks something like this:

mount_mergerfs/tdrive_vfs/movies

mount_mergerfs/tdrive_vfs/music

mount_mergerfs/tdrive_vfs/uhd

mount_mergerfs/tdrive_vfs/tv_adults

mount_mergerfs/tdrive_vfs/tv_kids

2. I created separate tdrives  / rclone mounts for some of the bigger folders e.g.

mount_rclone/tdrive_vfs/movies

mount_rclone/tdrive_vfs/music

mount_rclone/tdrive_vfs/uhd

mount_rclone/tdrive_vfs/adults_tv

for each of those I created a mount script instance where I do NOT create a mergerfs mount

3. I mount each in turn and for the final main mount add the extra tdrive rclone mounts as extra mergerfs folders:

4. Run the single upload script - everything initially gets moved from /mnt/user/local/tdrive_vfs to the tdrive_vfs teamdrive

5. Overnight I run another script to move files from the folders that should be in tdrive_vfs: to the correct teamdrive.  You have to work out the encrypted folder names for this to work.  Because rclone is moving the files, the mergerfs mount gets updated i.e. it looks to plex etc like they haven't moved

Thanks. this is excellent. I am going to see if I have the cranial capacity to do this.

Turns out a LOT of the issues I had at the start of this endeavor was due to running it in the in the foreground. I saw the user scripts postthat you can force a script to be background only by setting the  #backgroundOnly=true directive 

Maybe add that to the next update of your scripts so that other fools like me don't repeat.  

@DZMM

Yup, found out about that performance hit 2 weeks ago and already migrated to a bunch of t drives. I took the same approach with server side move after figuring out the corresponding encrypted name 👍

Currently playing around with a modified version of rclone's backend that rotates sa based on error callbacks. Developer has done a lot of performance tweaks, bypass 10tb dl per day limit on mounts, and circumvents API limit troubles (though that's less of an issue these days).

I'd post it but it's fairly unstable and I don't think the developer wants it being tossed around till it's all ready but I'll keep you updated on it 

So I want to move to doing thins with service accounts but of course I hit every hurdle imaginable. I am literally stuck at step 1. This step requires me to input 

sudo git clone https://github.com/xyou365/AutoRclone && cd AutoRclone && sudo pip3 install -r requirements.txt into the terminal which I do very obediently. Here is my output. 

----@Keep:~/AutoRclone# sudo pip3 install -r requirements.txt
Collecting oauth2client
  Using cached oauth2client-4.1.3-py2.py3-none-any.whl (98 kB)
Collecting google-api-python-client
  Using cached google_api_python_client-1.9.3-py3-none-any.whl (59 kB)
Collecting progress
  Using cached progress-1.5.tar.gz (5.8 kB)
    ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
     command: /usr/bin/python3 -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-rcm7bl3g/progress/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-rcm7bl3g/progress/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' egg_info --egg-base /tmp/pip-install-rcm7bl3g/progress/pip-egg-info
         cwd: /tmp/pip-install-rcm7bl3g/progress/
    Complete output (11 lines):
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/setuptools/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
        from setuptools.dist import Distribution, Feature
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/setuptools/dist.py", line 36, in <module>
        from setuptools import windows_support
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/setuptools/windows_support.py", line 2, in <module>
        import ctypes
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/ctypes/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
        from _ctypes import Union, Structure, Array
    ImportError: libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    ----------------------------------------
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info Check the logs for full command output.

Some smacking around and sending me in the correct direction would be much appreciated. Thank you kind souls. 

Sorry if this has been explained before, it's a long thread...

What is the reason for the upload script if I can just place files in the mounted folder and it'll upload on its own?

I just use the simple mount command below. Thanks

mntpoint="/mnt/disks/gdrive"    

remoteshare="gsuite:"

rclone mount --allow-other --drive-chunk-size 512M --dir-cache-time 5m --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off --fast-list --vfs-cache-mode writes --max-read-ahead 2G $remoteshare $mntpoint &

37 minutes ago, DisposableHero said:

Sorry if this has been explained before, it's a long thread...

What is the reason for the upload script if I can just place files in the mounted folder and it'll upload on its own?

More control over how files are uploaded and when

Hello! 

I've been trying to get this set up for a good portion of today. I don't usually upload from my Unraid box so I just want the remote mounted so I can dockerize plex (it's currently running on a VM).  I don't need to merge any folders or start/stop any docker containers yet.

The script successfully mounts the remote but it always gives me the mount failed message. I can see the mountcheck file in the directory it is checking. 

Here are my settings:

# REQUIRED SETTINGS
RcloneRemoteName="GSuiteDrive_Storage" # Name of rclone remote mount WITHOUT ':'. NOTE: Choose your encrypted remote for sensitive data
RcloneMountShare="/mnt/user/rclone_mount" # where your rclone remote will be located without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_rclone
LocalFilesShare="ignore" # location of the local files and MountFolders you want to upload without trailing slash to rclone e.g. /mnt/user/local. Enter 'ignore' to disable
MergerfsMountShare="ignore" # location without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_mergerfs. Enter 'ignore' to disable
DockerStart="" # list of dockers, separated by space, to start once mergerfs mount verified. Remember to disable AUTOSTART for dockers added in docker settings page
MountFolders=c\{""\} # comma separated list of folders to create within the mount

And script execution:

Script location: /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/mount_rclone_gsuite_storage/script
Note that closing this window will abort the execution of this script
25.06.2020 12:22:03 INFO: Creating local folders.
25.06.2020 12:22:03 INFO: *** Starting mount of remote GSuiteDrive_Storage
25.06.2020 12:22:03 INFO: Checking if this script is already running.
25.06.2020 12:22:03 INFO: Script not running - proceeding.
25.06.2020 12:22:03 INFO: *** Checking if online
25.06.2020 12:22:10 PASSED: *** Internet online
25.06.2020 12:22:10 INFO: Mount not running. Will now mount GSuiteDrive_Storage remote.
25.06.2020 12:22:10 INFO: Recreating mountcheck file for GSuiteDrive_Storage remote.
2020/06/25 12:22:10 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.52.2" starting with parameters ["rcloneorig" "--config" "/boot/config/plugins/rclone/.rclone.conf" "copy" "mountcheck" "GSuiteDrive_Storage:" "-vv" "--no-traverse"]
2020/06/25 12:22:10 DEBUG : Using config file from "/boot/config/plugins/rclone/.rclone.conf"
2020/06/25 12:22:10 DEBUG : fs cache: renaming cache item "mountcheck" to be canonical "/"
2020/06/25 12:22:21 DEBUG : mountcheck: Modification times differ by -58.115950247s: 2020-06-25 12:22:10.156950247 -0700 PDT, 2020-06-25 19:21:12.041 +0000 UTC
2020/06/25 12:22:40 INFO : mountcheck: Copied (replaced existing)
2020/06/25 12:22:40 INFO :
Transferred: 32 / 32 Bytes, 100%, 1 Bytes/s, ETA 0s
Transferred: 1 / 1, 100%
Elapsed time: 19.6s

2020/06/25 12:22:40 DEBUG : 6 go routines active
25.06.2020 12:22:40 INFO: *** Creating mount for remote GSuiteDrive_Storage
25.06.2020 12:22:40 INFO: sleeping for 5 seconds
25.06.2020 12:22:50 INFO: continuing...
25.06.2020 12:22:50 CRITICAL: GSuiteDrive_Storage mount failed - please check for problems. Stopping dockers
"docker stop" requires at least 1 argument.
See 'docker stop --help'.

Usage: docker stop [OPTIONS] CONTAINER [CONTAINER...]

Stop one or more running containers

Edited by psycho_asylum
On 6/24/2020 at 2:37 AM, Hypner said:

So I want to move to doing thins with service accounts but of course I hit every hurdle imaginable. I am literally stuck at step 1. This step requires me to input 

sudo git clone https://github.com/xyou365/AutoRclone && cd AutoRclone && sudo pip3 install -r requirements.txt into the terminal which I do very obediently. Here is my output. 

----@Keep:~/AutoRclone# sudo pip3 install -r requirements.txt
Collecting oauth2client
  Using cached oauth2client-4.1.3-py2.py3-none-any.whl (98 kB)
Collecting google-api-python-client
  Using cached google_api_python_client-1.9.3-py3-none-any.whl (59 kB)
Collecting progress
  Using cached progress-1.5.tar.gz (5.8 kB)
    ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
     command: /usr/bin/python3 -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-rcm7bl3g/progress/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-rcm7bl3g/progress/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' egg_info --egg-base /tmp/pip-install-rcm7bl3g/progress/pip-egg-info
         cwd: /tmp/pip-install-rcm7bl3g/progress/
    Complete output (11 lines):
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/setuptools/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
        from setuptools.dist import Distribution, Feature
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/setuptools/dist.py", line 36, in <module>
        from setuptools import windows_support
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/site-packages/setuptools/windows_support.py", line 2, in <module>
        import ctypes
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.8/ctypes/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
        from _ctypes import Union, Structure, Array
    ImportError: libffi.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    ----------------------------------------
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info Check the logs for full command output.

Some smacking around and sending me in the correct direction would be much appreciated. Thank you kind souls. 

Can anyone help me with this? Sorry dont mean to bump something but I didnt see a response. Much appreciated. 

21 minutes ago, Hypner said:

Can anyone help me with this? Sorry dont mean to bump something but I didnt see a response. Much appreciated. 

Sorry I don't really understand python and I think I fluked completing this step as I didn't really understand what I was doing!  Hopefully someone else can help.  Or, have you tried asking the autorclone author?

14 minutes ago, DZMM said:

Sorry I don't really understand python and I think I fluked completing this step as I didn't really understand what I was doing!  Hopefully someone else can help.  Or, have you tried asking the autorclone author?

I haven't tried asking the autoclone author. Thank you though. 

Edited by Hypner
Correction to post

Hey so while restarting my server today I ran into an issue where after 5-10 minutes or so sometimes longer my mount_mergerfs doesn't show everything. As in it only shows my downloads folder and not anything from mount_rclone. I am able to run the mount script and things work again but I dont know what is stopped the mount_mergfs to stop showing anything outside of whats on local.  Let me know what logs are needed. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Hypner said:

Hey so while restarting my server today I ran into an issue where after 5-10 minutes or so sometimes longer my mount_mergerfs doesn't show everything. As in it only shows my downloads folder and not anything from mount_rclone. I am able to run the mount script and things work again but I dont know what is stopped the mount_mergfs to stop showing anything outside of whats on local.  Let me know what logs are needed. Thank you.

Logs from mount script and script options please

Alright so I have tried the AutoRclone to create multiple service accounts but just ran into a brick wall and didn't get any support author. Anyway no biggie. I was hoping someone here could help me here instead as it looks like a lot of users are running service accounts. 

I have created one service account already just need to know what to really do to use them once I create them. I know dumb question but I want to be sure I'm not going to just jack up my current setup.  

11 hours ago, Hypner said:

I have created one service account already just need to know what to really do to use them once I create them. I know dumb question but I want to be sure I'm not going to just jack up my current setup. 

It's all explained on my github