Guide: How To Use Rclone To Mount Cloud Drives And Play Files

DZMM

8 hours ago, francrouge said:

@DZMMHi 

Can you tell me in you're script what user should the script put folders

like root or nobody

My folder got root permission and it seem to glitch a lot with the script normal ?

thx

Shouldn't be root, this caused problems. It should be:

user: nobody

group: users

Often this is 99/100.

12 minutes ago, francrouge said:

Here is my folder

image.png.75e6b781bb48db5dc5680145cda2fc8c.png

What should i do ?

thx

Well, we've discussed this a couple of times already in this topic, and it seems there is not one fix for everyone.

What I've done is added to my mount script:

--uid 99

--gid 100

For --umask I use 002 (I think DZMM uses 000 which is allowing read and write to everyone and which I find too insecure. But that's your own decision.

I've rebooted my server without the mount script active, so just a plain boot without mounting. Then I ran the fix permissions on both my mount_rclone and local folders. Then you can check again whether the permissions of these folders are properly set. If that is the case, you can run the mount script. And then check again.

After I did this once, I never had the issue again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Kaizac said:

Well, we've discussed this a couple of times already in this topic, and it seems there is not one fix for everyone.

--uid 99

--gid 100

For --umask I use 002 (I think DZMM uses 000 which is allowing read and write to everyone and which I find too insecure. But that's your own decision.

I've rebooted my server without the mount script active, so just a plain boot without mounting. Then I ran the fix permissions on both my mount_rclone and local folders. Then you can check again whether the permissions of these folders are properly set. If that is the case, you can run the mount script. And then check again.

cool thx i will try thx a lot 

Should it be faster just to delete mount folder directly with no script load up and let the script create it again 🤔

2 minutes ago, francrouge said:

cool thx i will try thx a lot 

Should it be faster just to delete mount folder directly with no script load up and let the script create it again 🤔

Ah, I forgot, also the mount_mergerfs or mount_unionfs folder should be fixed with permissions.

I don't know whether the problem lies with the script of DZMM. I think the script creates the union/merger folders as root, which causes the problem. So I just kept my union/merger folders and also fixed those permissions. But maybe letting the script recreate them will fix it. You can test it with a simple mount script to see the difference, of course.

It's sometimes difficult to advise for me, because I'm not using the mount script from DZMM but my own one, so it's easier to for me to troubleshoot my own system.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Kaizac said:

Ah, I forgot, also the mount_mergerfs or mount_unionfs folder should be fixed with permissions.

I don't know whether the problem lies with the script of DZMM. I think the script creates the union/merger folders as root, which causes the problem. So I just kept my union/merger folders and also fixed those permissions. But maybe letting the script recreate them will fix it. You can test it with a simple mount script to see the difference, of course.

It's sometimes difficult to advise for me, because I'm not using the mount script from DZMM but my own one, so it's easier to for me to troubleshoot my own system.

I understand  i will try both option to see thx a lot i will keep you update :D

On 11/29/2022 at 4:34 AM, Kaizac said:

--uid 99

--gid 100

Hi 

Just to let you know that i tried what you told me on my main and backup server and it seem to be working permission owner where changed to nobody:users

thx alot