Why does my machine keep doing Parity checks randomly?

My schedule is set up for 1 time a week, on Sunday at 3AM.

I did my weekly parity automatic scheduled check last Sunday. It took 16 hours, it was valid. No problems.

Then randomly at 2PM it starts another one on Tuesday. Now it just started one at 1:25am on Wednesday. What on earth?

Also yes, my timezone is set correctly within Unraid. I cancelled the 2PM parity check and I just cancelled the 1:25am one.

Why does it keep doing this? I've cancelled it before and it's just stayed off all week until next Sunday.

Checked SMART data, it's fine.

No unclean shutdowns.

Is this something to do with 6.6.3? I've never had this issue on 6.5.3.

Edited by plantsandbinary
9 hours ago, John_M said:

I'm curious as to why you want to run parity checks as often as every week. I'd say it's unnecessary and once a month is fine but you may well have a good reason.

Not sure who you are addressing, but I will say this. I have my parity checks scheduled for once a quarter. In order to do this, you have to set each individual field. There is no option to schedule on a quarterly or bi-monthly, etc. basis.

So, I'm not trying to schedule a parity check each week, it just so happens that I set the schedule for Sundays which just so happens is affected by the bug.

Perhaps, @plantsandbinary is whom your question is for?