[Solved] Unmountable Disk Metadata corruption detected

pg93

13 hours ago, limetech said:
13 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Usually when it doesn't mount with the array it doesn't mount on it's own, at least I tried a couple of times with other users and it never did, they had to use -L.

Agreed, at least this is how OP can try it.

I have canceled the xfs_repair -L command and tried to mount the drive  i get following msg:

root@GRIG:/dev# mount /dev/md2 /tmp/t
mount: /tmp/t: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/md2, missing codepage or helper program, or other error.

xfs_repair_mont.PNG

Hello Everyone,

in the morning after i stopped the stalled xfs_repair-L and was trying the below method as suggested by @limetech but the mounting did not succeed as informed by @johnnie.black so i installed a spare disk of 1TB which Unraid didn't accept as its capacity was less than original disk.... then i reinstalled the original 4TB disk with the Corrupted FS and was about to format it leadind to data loss.......

16 hours ago, limetech said:

Another approach might be to set disk2 to 'No device' thus disabling it.  Now you have two copies of the file system to experiment with: the actual disk itself, and the reconstructed disk.  If this were really irreplaceable data on the device, I would be inclined to also assign a new device to disk2 and start data-rebuild.  Now we have 3 copies of the data.

I had almost lost hope to get any data back...... but a miracle happened i ran xfs_repair -v one last time  without -l or -n and xfs_repair was successful i just lost 1 folder(i checked the lost+found folder but cannot find it) other data seems to be there im still cross checking. 

I have attached final summary of the successful xfs_repair and my diagnostics.

I have following queries:

1. why is the disk2 is still showing that the contents are emulated.

2. should i start the parity sync??

3. will the parity sync affect data on other disks ??

4. what steps can be taken to avoid this?

5. i still need support for  below error kindly advise

Thank you for your superb support guys especially.  @johnnie.black @limetech @trurl

Disk2 xfs_repair_summary.txt

grig-diagnostics-20181108-1346.zip

Edited by pg93
25 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

ome point disk2 got disable (or you disable it)

I tried to remove the disk and install spare old disk to rebuild data, the main page now shows as below

Capture.thumb.PNG.42ae5875a9249ab6e035d05f5964d3cf.PNG

should i start the sync?? will it affect recovered data or data on other disks??

Edited by pg93