Unraid OS version 6.6.4 available

limetech

• limetech unfeatured and unpinned this topic
1 minute ago, limetech said:

Wouldn't have to do that if you use encryption... also, writing zeros is good 'nuff.

Yeah well... some of that data is kind of personal or could ruin me financially if it were recovered.  Better safe than sorry in this case for me at least.  They are only 3TB and 4TB drives so it shouldn't take that long.  They'll be done tomorrow.

craigr

27 minutes ago, JamieK said:

I'm now seeing this, but I'm not sure how to correct it. Clicking through to 'Flash' doesn't show me any security options. Any hints gratefully appreciated!

From main select “flash” which will take you a page with device info, smb settings, etc. You can just set export to “No” or security to “Private”.

6 hours ago, wgstarks said:

From main select “flash” which will take you a page with device info, smb settings, etc. You can just set export to “No” or security to “Private”.

Got it – I had SMB fully disabled (I just don't use it) so the setting didn't show. It seems a little weird that the warning would be shown where the drive isn't actually exposed...

Edited by JamieK
On 11/8/2018 at 8:44 AM, bonienl said:

WiFi is a support nightmare.

A server requires a stable and reliable connection, a wired connection is strongly recommended.

There exist wired to wireless adapters you can use.

i can see that and your right as i did try bridging my unraid machine with my laptop but did find it slow. docker and manjaro updates were slow with the ocational timeouts. im sure its beacuse theres like 100 people crouded onto 1 router. so im going to try a raspberry pi. besided we should be getting a single router for each floor. my motherbourd has built in wifi support. and you say "There exist wired to wireless adapters you can use." so what exsamples? could i get unraid to use the wifi moduale insted of the ethernet. better to have wifi support to be able to use unraid than my server sit under my bed gathering dust beacuse there are no ethernet ports in my room and theres no wps push to connect on the routers