Unraid OS version 6.6.4 available

limetech

7 hours ago, sureguy said:

Is that helpful from a usability standpoint?  To me it seems confusing and unintuitive, perhaps I'm in the minority on that.

I think it's going to cause a lot of confusion. It's the lack of a down-pointing arrow or any other indication that there's a menu to drop down that troubles me. Maybe it looks cleaner than the old box with arrow but to my mind it isn't as functional. There's also no distinction between a drop down menu and a text input box, which will only add to the confusion.

17 hours ago, cb said:

In 6.6.3 i had the strange "spinup of all disks" 

My drives appear to be spinning down again too with 6.6.4 (not conclusive tests, but 6.6.3 seemed to have all my data drives spun up whenever I viewed the browser, and the last couple of looks seemed much better).

I'm still running the non-forked-kick-started version of cache-dirs.

Installed last night and woke up to a crashed server with this on the screen.

image.thumb.png.7b94ec02e96cbf600d9af2bc294e57be.png

I had `tail -f /var/log/syslog` going.

I also screenshotted this in Netdata earlier today, don't know if it means anything.

image.png.1a74504f7f4bb3dc62551aa57a475c04.png

Fastforward some hours to now; I am at work and can see on my phone that it has crashed again :( What should I do when I get home?

Edited by JohanSF
2 minutes ago, spl147 said:

i see a small UI issue:

When Update OS is Set to Next, it shows a previous OS

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 9.55.19 AM.png

That's not a bug - whilst I disagree with the approach Unraid use* - the latest release in the next version branch is the 6.6.0-rc4 release.

* Personally the next release branch should contain all (appropriate) production releases as well as rc releases.

2 minutes ago, eek said:

That's not a bug - whilst I disagree with the approach Unraid use* - the latest release in the next version branch is the 6.6.0-rc4 release.

* Personally the next release branch should contain all (appropriate) production releases as well as rc releases.

When parsing for the next release, it should compare the currently installed version, and if newer display it, if older display none available or something. as "next" to me means the next version newer then what you are currently running

This is a continuation of:

I just arrived home and it turns out the server was running but the docker service had crashed:chrome_2018-11-08_16-43-27.thumb.png.ef5d377907ae6e0c9183499abe39fbb9.png

I shot this picture of the syslog:

image.thumb.png.c7e360ed9aac731bcac0353228003f02.png

Squid, I run that command now so I can present a full syslog next time. Might this be a docker container that is running amok?

2 minutes ago, JohanSF said:

I just arrived home and it turns out the server was running but the docker service had crashed:

I recall from your previous post something about drives filling up?  If so, is it the drive that your dockers/appdata are on getting full?

If so, my experience is that the docker system doesn't like it when that happens.  Free up space, go to Settings, Dockers, turn them off - wait if it takes a while, and when the form reloads, turn them back on again.

Could be because the mover didn't run last night?

18 hours ago, Katherine said:

I'm having an odd issue since upgrading to 6.6.4. For some reasons the drop down combo boxes are not entirely visible in the White and Black theme. I can see them on the Grey and Azure theme. I'm using Chromium. I cleared the cache and cookies. I also used Firefox and had the same problem.

Black theme:

1.png

White theme:

2.png

Grey theme:

3.png

18 hours ago, Squid said:

I think thats the new style

17 hours ago, limetech said:

Correct.

Upgraded to the new version without issue, but I have to say that I am not a fan of this lack of the lack of drop down combo boxes.  It's very counter intuitive :(

Best,

craigr

• Upvote 2
14 hours ago, sureguy said:

Is that helpful from a usability standpoint?  To me it seems confusing and unintuitive, perhaps I'm in the minority on that.

Aside from that the upgrade was successful

+1

I totally agree. Luck of drop-down menus arrows does not really help aesthetically (especially because it is not a view that people see very often, like Main) and it embeds functionality. 

Edited by papnikol
  • Upvote 1
  • limetech unfeatured and unpinned this topic