WD - Easystore 10TB External $179.99

burr

It didn't with mine with 1 LSI 9211-8i, 1 SuperMicro SAS2LP, and 1 IBM M1015, connected to a Norco 4224.  Not sure which of the HBA's I initially tried without taping, but it was with at least two drives that I experienced no power-up unless the pins were taped, after which I started taping them all immediately after shucking.  FWIW, the Norco in this setup is the "newer" version that supports only a single PSU and thus has a differently designed "backplane".  I've retired this case and relocating the X9 hardware to my older, dual-PSU capable 4224 for my backup server.

And next PWDIS drive I get I'll test it without tape in both my new Chenbro as well as the Norco system (all three HBA's)...

FYI, rebuilding an 8TB drive on the X9/Norco setup netted an average of 110MB/s.  Rebuilding a 6TB of the same array on the new X11/Chenbro averaged 198MB/s, and replacing an 8TB with a 10TB averaged 117MB/s; the CPU utilization maybe pegged 50% now and then, but it was typically idling around 5%, unlike the X9/Pentinum which maxxed out quite often during rebuilds.  Certainly a big step up, especially for my VMs.  Now I have to build a noise reduction cabinet to quiet down this maddingly howling rig, and upgrade my home network to 10Gb...

I think I got my case 2 years ago. Don’t know the build date. Each plane has its own molex connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
23 hours ago, H2O_King89 said:

I think I got my case 2 years ago. Don’t know the build date. Each plane has its own molex connector.

Is there one molex connector per backplane, or two?  The version with one is the newer with which the system I have had to have the pins taped.

If you have the single, what HBA's are you using?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...