Unraid OS version 6.6.5 available

limetech

To upgrade:

If you are running any 6.4 or later release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Tools/Update OS page.

If you are running a pre-6.4 release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page.

If the above doesn't work, navigate to Plugins/Install Plugin, select/copy/paste this plugin URL and click Install:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg

Refer also to @ljm42 excellent 6.4 Update Notes which are helpful especially if you are upgrading from a pre-6.4 release.

BIOS: Especially if using Virtual Machines, we highly recommend keeping your motherboard bios up-to-date.

Bugs: If you discover a bug or other issue new to this release, please open a Stable Releases Bug Report.

Version 6.6.5 2018-11-08

Management:

• bug fix: crond was not getting started
  • webgui: Black and White theme: display arrow in select field

Version 6.6.4 2018-11-07

Base distro:

• curl: version 7.62.0 (CVE-2018-16839, CVE-2018-16840, CVE-2018-16842)
  • dcron: version 4.5 (rev 5) (reversion)
  • openssh: version 7.9p1
  • openssl: version 1.1.1
  • openssl-solibs: version 1.1.1

Linux kernel:

• version 4.18.17

Management:

• bug fix: desktop gui 'home page' not honoring user defined http port number
  • update smartmontools drivedb and hwdata/{pci.ids,usb.ids,oui.txt,manuf.txt}
  • webgui: Docker: changed LOG file size reading to prevent HTTP time-outs
  • webgui: improve usb device detection/parsing for vm usb list
  • webgui: Added warning when Flash device is set as public share
  • webgui: Black and White theme: simplified input & select boxes
  • webgui: VM edit: fixed overflow in cpu pinning
  • webgui: GUI: make header scrollable with floating menu
  • webgui: Add viewport meta setting for Safari
  • webgui: Viewport minimum width is 1280px
  • webgui: Hide select arrow across all browsers
  • webgui: Improved Docker and VM settings consistency
  • webgui: css correction for input & select element
  • webgui: Scroll menu: change hardcoded height to dynamic value
  • webgui: Docker styling corrections
  • webgui: jquery ui style corrections
  • webgui: Use viewport for mobile and tablet devices
  • webgui: Fixed: warning on docker container page when array is stopped
  • webgui: Diagnostics Add share storage location
  • webgui: VM manager: fixed: set memballoon model='none' if any PCI device passthrough configured
  • Like 7
  • limetech featured and pinned this topic
11 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Once in a while it is good to hear those encouraging words. Thanks 😄

You're most welcome. It very easy to criticise and I feel I've been critical of the style changes both to the Unraid GUI and here in the forum. That's because I genuinely found the combination of the dark theme and new font more difficult to read. But now we've been given the option of a light theme in the forum and you listened to the comments about the changes to the drop down menus in the GUI. We were told that it was a work in progress but now it's looking good, really good, so it's only fair to say thank you and well done.

• Like 3

@bonienl has done always a great job. give him enough good feedback (in a polite way) and all will be good eventually.

can't judge on the recent changes though (still on 6.6.1) because of the special DVB build which is needed here – so i'll wait and can be excited to see what is coming. i'm on the black theme and like it really much.

question to unRAID (@administrator) developers: is there any way in (slackware) linux to have those DVB drivers loaded as kinda additional/external module (or whatever is the technically correct wording for it) at boot time? if so, maybe that could offer a way for CHBMB or @piotrasd to build a solution which could dramatically cut down on manual work to be done which each unRAID version released.

• Like 1

Amazing work as usual guys, UNRAID is my one-stop shop for all virtualisation/cloud related projects and I'm so please I made the choice over the last couple of years to stick by you guys. Awesome community, awesome product. Question: Since V6.x, what has the adoption rate been like for UNRAID pro licenses? Are we seeing many more people turn to UNRAID because of more affordable cores/memory  configurations from the likes of AMD? Interesting to know what the future holds for UNRAID. Keep up the great work!

53 minutes ago, s.Oliver said:

@bonienl has done always a great job. give him enough good feedback (in a polite way) and all will be good eventually.

can't judge on the recent changes though (still on 6.6.1) because of the special DVB build which is needed here – so i'll wait and can be excited to see what is coming. i'm on the black theme and like it really much.

question to unRAID (@administrator) developers: is there any way in (slackware) linux to have those DVB drivers loaded as kinda additional/external module (or whatever is the technically correct wording for it) at boot time? if so, maybe that could offer a way for CHBMB or @piotrasd to build a solution which could dramatically cut down on manual work to be done which each unRAID version released.

It is already made easier with the modules and firmware split out in it's own file, bzmodules and bzfirmware. The problem is that it needs to be compiled first and not everything is automated so Baldy needs a little bit of free time to do the builds and check that they built correctly.

I am not a fan of the WebGUI update to remove dropbox arrows. If we can't get them back like in 6.6.3 then do you think we could at least get an option to unhide them in settings or something?

Alternatively, does someone else know of another way to get the dropbox arrows back? Just in case the two options above aren't doable for some reason.

55 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

is there anyway I can bake a workaround in to reduce it by - say 25px - on my system?

The file /webGui/include/DefaultPageLayout.php contains the line

<meta name="viewport" content="width=1280">

You can adjust the width here to make it fit on your screen.

Ps. scrollbar width is usually 16px

Edited by bonienl
3 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Update to Unraid 6.6.5

I was literally restarting my server after updating to 6.6.5 when I wrote that. I didn't see that the 6.6.5 notes mentioned "dropboxes" so I assumed that nothing changed there. But now that I read the notes more carefully, I see that the Black and White theme have the arrows displayed again. I'll read a bit more carefully next time. Sorry 'bout that.

Thank you for a quick response.

Edited by Kudjo
clarification.
  • Like 1

@bonienl GUI-Question/Feature-Request

working alot with the MAIN tab in general (and often by night times) makes it sometimes hard with only a quick look to locate a specific line (i.e. a drive) which shows the values i'm looking for. and while moving with the eyes from left (checking first that this is the drive which is active [so is spun up and shows the green circle]) to the middle (seeing/checking if/or at which speeds the read/write actions are going) and then to the far right (to oversee the overall used/free space of that drive) makes me loose the line and end up in another one (and then being a little confused) and realize, ah damn, wrong line/drive; back to the left and start over again. got quite a bunch of drives here, so it's happening 😉

now if we would have a switch/button/drop down which would offer choices of like spun up/down, and/or active (= r/w operations ongoing) / inactive (= idle) which could result in

a) dimming down lines/drives which are spun down and/or are idle (vs. spun up and active drives) and/or

b) would group these attributes (and so drives) together in pools

would greatly improve on quick reception what's going on (and on which drives).

but i imagine, that this is probably quite alot of work and so stays as a dream/wish of my mind.

15 minutes ago, John_M said:

@s.Oliver I find that the faint alternating background bands of the White and Black themes help to keep my eyes on the correct row. The Azure and Gray themes have thin lines that help guide the eye too. The White theme works best for me.

i use a feature called "night shift" to have less strain on the eyes in the evening/night times. but as a side effect, your contrast gets lower and so (with the black theme) the alternating background bands are less visible than normal.

Edited by s.Oliver
2 hours ago, bonienl said:

The file /webGui/include/DefaultPageLayout.php contains the line

<meta name="viewport" content="width=1280">

You can adjust the width here to make it fit on your screen.

Ps. scrollbar width is usually 16px

Thanks.  I'm guessing it's possible, but I'll ask in the user scripts area if there's any way to automatically set this on boot so it survives restarts.

And yes, 16px.  I just padded it a little so my chubby digits had more change of hitting an explorer icon instead of a scrollbar. 😃

Updated both of my machines without a hitch. V6.6.5 seems to work well, going by a few tests in the last two hours. It's important to update your Cache Dirs plugin to the "unofficial one" by Alex R. Berg though, if you use that (who doesn't?).

Now I'm just waiting for those pesky Intel network drivers to be fixed for the Linux kernel to be rid of the error messages on boot. 

Edited by highdefinitely
  • limetech unfeatured and unpinned this topic