Unraid OS version 6.6.5 available

limetech

4 minutes ago, binhex said:

just for info i actually noticed this was fixed for me in 6.6.4.

We didn't make any code changes in this area - probably there was a kernel regression that got fixed by a patch in latest kernel.  This has happened before where the kflush (now kworker) daemons would erroneously force file system superblock writes when not necessary.  Not saying this was the current issue - just that sometimes there are oopsies that get introduced into the kernel and then are corrected.

• Like 1

I updated today from 6.5.2 to 6.6.5.

Everything looks good with the exception of CPU Pinning with two of my Dockers.

After the upgrade Fix Common Problems ran and shot me an email that I should remove the 'extra parameter' arguments I had to pin the CPUs and define them from the GUI. I began removing that argument from the extra parameters field and clicking the dots for the same pinning in the GUI.

This worked great for all but two dockers, Plex and Transmission. I have many other Dockers that updated just fine, even from the same author (LinuxServer.io). In these two Dockers though, each time I delete the data in the extra parameters field and choose the same mapping in the GUI, after the restart, I find that the GUI selection is gone and the extra parameter argument is back.

Any thoughts on why this may be happening or what I can do to troubleshoot?

Thanks for the awesome work on UNRAID, I love it!

diagnostics-20181110-1231.zip

Runs fine on my trusty old D525, but still adds ~ 2 1/2 hrs to parity checks, so it's back to 6.5.3 for that trusty old system.

The last few parity checks …  (the 2 really long ones were when I tried 6.6.3 and now 6.6.5)

2018-11-11, 18:55:19  15 hr, 11 min, 23 sec54.8 MB/sOK0

2018-11-10, 21:18:08  17 hr, 37 min, 11 sec47.3 MB/sOK0

2018-10-25, 14:08:37  15 hr, 13 min, 32 sec54.7 MB/sOK0

2018-10-24, 20:31:59  17 hr, 52 min46.7 MB/sOK0

2018-10-01, 17:40:00  15 hr, 10 min, 12 sec54.9 MB/sOK0

Note that this system used to take less than 8 hrs for a parity check on v5.

upgraded here form 6.6.3, no problems. 
there are still 2 things what i am missing:
- temperature readings from the Threadripper series
- AMD vega reset bug (is patched in the 4.19 linux kernel??)

Threadripper 2000or 1000 series?

I’ve got temp reading from my 1920x using dynamix system temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why has unraid rebranded itself to a orange theme? insted i would keep the desgin but replace the orange colours with green and then the unraid logo insted of the red and orange wavy logo, insted have a mimerlist, simple green line as if its been cut though. how many people work for unraid? sounds like its just 1 person.

Edited by thehacker
7 hours ago, bastl said:

@sjaak whats the output of 

watch sensors

It should show you the Tdie and Tctl temperatures.

will check it when i finished the watercool installation on de build..

7 hours ago, John_M said:

The k10temp module works with Socket AM4 processors. I believe it works for Threadripper too. Do you have it loaded?

the system sensor plugin even wont detect any sensors, it saying click on detect. i have run in terminal the command 'sensors-detect' 'sensors' and even that wont gif positive results...

• limetech unfeatured and unpinned this topic