Unraid OS version 6.6.5 available

limetech

On 11/9/2018 at 2:48 PM, 1812 said:

upgraded the ml30 g9 from 6.6.4 with no apparent issues to functionality.

waiting for version 6.6.6 next. 👹

My guess is that the next version will be 6.7.0. Limetech probably wishes to avoid any demonic releases; although, having a 6.6.6. release to talk about in these forums may be highly entertaining 😀

4 hours ago, Hoopster said:

My guess is that the next version will be 6.7.0. Limetech probably wishes to avoid any demonic releases; although, having a 6.6.6. release to talk about in these forums may be highly entertaining 😀

i'm ok with that IF it includes multiple cache pools. otherwise, bring on the dark one!

• Upvote 1

It happened to me twice now with some of the latest updates, IIRC with one of the v6.6 RCs first and now with v6.6.5, first time I start my Windows 2012 R2 Server VM after boot I can't RDP in, using VNC to shutdown the VM and start it again and RDP starts working as usual, first time it happened I just ignored but since it happened twice I was wondering if someone else had a similar issue or a possible reason for this to happen, it never happened before v6.6, and I've been running this VM for years now.

14 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

It happened to me twice now with some of the latest updates, IIRC with one of the v6.6 RCs first and now with v6.6.5, first time I start my Windows 2012 R2 Server VM after boot I can't RDP in, using VNC to shutdown the VM and start it again and RDP starts working as usual, first time it happened I just ignored but since it happened twice I was wondering if someone else had a similar issue or a possible reason for this to happen, it never happened before v6.6, and I've been running this VM for years now.

How is your VM network configured? Does it use DHCP or a static address?

When RDP isn't working do you still get ping responses?

18 minutes ago, bonienl said:

How is your VM network configured? Does it use DHCP or a static address?

Static and I checked with VNC and the VM had both Lan and Internet access, just couldn't RDP in.

19 minutes ago, bonienl said:

When RDP isn't working do you still get ping responses?

Didn't try that, will try if it happens again.

@johnnie.black I have a separate pfsense box and as soon as i restart it, some Windows 8 and above machines when they come up ask me which network type i prefer. private, work or public. Not all showing this behaviour. All get their IPs via DHCP from pfsense reserved by their MAC adresses. Same as for yours, if i restart them via VNC or hardreset without choosing any option in the network settings dialog they came up and will be accessible via RDP again. 

On 11/12/2018 at 12:36 PM, bastl said:

@sjaak whats the output of 

watch sensors

It should show you the Tdie and Tctl temperatures.

type the command in, it work! Tdie means: cpu, Tctrl means Motherboard? Tdie is now 36c and Tctrl is currently 65c (Celsius)

On 11/12/2018 at 12:40 PM, John_M said:

The k10temp module works with Socket AM4 processors. I believe it works for Threadripper too. Do you have it loaded?

typed it manual in, that works fine.

On 11/12/2018 at 8:29 PM, trurl said:

Have you installed perl from nerdpack?

jep, (need it for the speedtest plugin)

On 11/12/2018 at 8:34 PM, John_M said:

You can type 'k10temp' manually, then click Save, then Load drivers. Worth a try?

Sensors.png.f39fcb68dc1c29828e1fb5fbdbc97e53.png

this is the solution! now i can read the 2 temps. Tdie en Tctrl, it comes double but selected the 2 upper ones.

i passthrough the GPU to the VM i run daily  and this one is running at 25c. its feels just a bit better to know the temperature of the hardware :) specialy with Watercooling setup

Edited by sjaak
typo
3 hours ago, John_M said:

Not exactly. For an explanation, see here: 

hmm, then i only watch the Tdie temperature and ignore the other one, the MB bios gifs me a lot of information about the chipset, system 1 & 2 vram, PCIe1 & PCIe2. not sure if it is just a Unraid "problem" or a threadrippper/Gigabyte "problem". it would be really handy to read those temperatures real time.

I just suffered a lockup in 6.6.5.  The reason I was staying on 6.5.3 was because of these lockups and the Realtek NIC problems.  The Realtek NIC problem seams to be fixed but not the lockup issue.  Because of the way unRAID does it's logs I have none to offer you.  How do you want me to proceed?

Here is my current diagnostics file.  I'm getting Hardware Errors on my CPU.  Something about the Microcode.  Could this of caused it?

rudder2-server-diagnostics-20181114-1923.zip

Edited by Rudder2
More information discovered

My server just locked up for the 2nd time.  This is how all the 6.6.x lock ups go...It works for about 6 days than locks up and then it locks up in 6 hours then 3 hours then less.  I guess I have to downgrade to 6.5.3 again.  What a pain.  I upgraded my BIOS today and it included the new Microcode but this didn't fix the locking up problem.  Not sure what happened from 6.5.3 to 6.6.0 threw 6.6.5 but my server cannot run on it.  I cannot afford for my server to keep locking up so back to 6.5.3 I go again.  This is getting annoying...My server is critical and can't afford for it to not be reliable.  This is only happening with 6.6.0+.

rudder2-server-diagnostics-20181114-2357.zip

Edited by Rudder2
Typo
2 hours ago, limetech said:

Please open a Bug Report and include what do you mean by "locked up" - kernel crash with output on console?  Or simply everything halts.  Or something else?

There is only one definition of "Lockup" or "Locked up" in my mind.  Total system lockup unresponsive from console, ssh, network, parity check stops, no disk activity at all, no VMs working, absolutely nothing works during a lockup.  How could this definition change over the years?  It's baffling.  I'm opening up a bug report like you requested...

2 minutes ago, Rudder2 said:

There is only one definition of "Lockup" or "Locked up" in my mind.  Total system lockup unresponsive from console, ssh, network, parity check stops, no disk activity at all, no VMs working, absolutely nothing works during a lockup.  How could this definition change over the years?  It's baffling. 

Read the forum more and you will see that and other words being used to mean all sorts of things. Often like pulling teeth to get a more complete and useful description out of people.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Rudder2 said:

There is only one definition of "Lockup" or "Locked up" in my mind.  Total system lockup unresponsive from console, ssh, network, parity check stops, no disk activity at all, no VMs working, absolutely nothing works during a lockup.  How could this definition change over the years?  It's baffling.  I'm opening up a bug report like you requested...

A kernel crash could cause this, but usually in this case at least something spews out on the system console - do you have a monitor hooked up?

4 minutes ago, trurl said:

Read the forum more and you will see that and other words being used to mean all sorts of things. Often like pulling teeth to get a more complete and useful description out of people.

I read the forum all the time.  I get headaches from reading it I do so much...It is impossible to read the entire forums.  I have read about lockups after 6.6.0+ and nothing they suggest fixes it.  Why do you think I updated my BIOS?  I never just update a BIOS unless I need to.  The problem is something changed in the 6.6.0+ things that is effecting hardware that is used by many people. 

3 minutes ago, limetech said:

A kernel crash could cause this, but usually in this case at least something spews out on the system console - do you have a monitor hooked up?

Yes, I have a monitor hooked up and a keyboard for fixing things from the console.  The screen was locked up at the GUI login with no messages on the screen.

20 minutes ago, Rudder2 said:

There is only one definition of "Lockup" or "Locked up" in my mind.  Total system lockup unresponsive from console, ssh, network, parity check stops, no disk activity at all, no VMs working, absolutely nothing works during a lockup.

I totally agree with your definition of "lockup". But some users will say something like that without ever having tried console, ssh, ping, etc.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, trurl said:

I totally agree with your definition of "lockup". But some users will say something like that without ever having tried console, ssh, ping, etc.

Ahhh, OK.  Sorry, I sometimes forget that unRAID isn't just used by computer geniuses only.  I will try to keep that in mind.  I also sometimes think your so much smaller than Micro$haft that y'all will know me.  I know it's not practical but your response time to a problem and repair time make me feel that way.

• limetech unfeatured and unpinned this topic