USB Drives

I am not sure I have heard of anyone having most of their array drives connected via USB (assuming that is how you are thinking of using them)

In theory that configuration will work, but I would be worried that the USB drives would get momentary disconnects so that Unraid ends up disabling them.    There is also the question of what performance would be like as many USB controllers have limited total throughput?    

Having said all that it would be nice to have some feedback on how well such a configuration works.

It's historical why I have so many USB 3 devices. Also all of them currently provide storage to my main Kodi | Plex server without issue.....

Can't even take the drives out as they are WD Passport drives and don't have on board SATA!!!!

The issue I'm now running into is that I have no redundancy | RAID on my setup (yes I know it's not a backup, however to mirror this setup I would need to spend upwards in the region of £500+)