cunfusion with drive and share location

I am trying to convert my drives from xfs to btrfs enctryped

I went to every share I have and set it to exclude disk 1

how do I get the data to transfer to my other two drives so I can reformat disk 1?

then I assume I go though and exclude disk 2 and reformat that one and then disk 3?

I tried using unbalence but it complains about not being owned by the correct user when I try to move the system share or the domains or appdata shares

I switched my appdata and domain shares to chache only so they would have good performance but my cache drive is still empty

what am I supposed to do that im not doing?

Changing a share to cache only does not move files to the cache - it only ensures new files are put on the cache.     If you want files to be moved from array to cache the set the share to cache-prefer and run mover.

turning on Help in the UnRAID GUI gives you more information on the effect of the various cache settings as to how it affects new files, and also what mover then does (if anything).

• Upvote 1

First, set each share to exclude disk 1.  Then, I recommend using Binhex-Krusader docker to move the files from disk 1 to disk x.  When moving data, you must ONLY do a disk to disk move.  Never a share to disk.

Do you have Binhex-Krusader installed?  I would be happy to share my settings with you to easily get Binhex-Krusader docker up and running.  Let me know.

Edited by DoItMyselfToo