[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

Since the last update, all of my existing torrents have disappeared. The files are still there, but the qbittorrent client shows no torrents. All categories are gone, all previous incomplete and completed torrents are gone in the client. It looks like a clean install. I have made no changes to the template, and everything is set how it should be.... Neither Sonarr or Radarr are adding torrents. This is a major inconvenience to say the least. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Edit:

It seems that the torrent client IS actually running properly, with Sonarr/Radarr adding and managing torrents properly, but it's the WebUI that's not functioning. I found this bug report for qBittorrent 4.3.8 which describes my issue exactly.

Edited by SeeGee
Reference bug report

I would like to route web traffic from a machine on my local network to the internet.  My goal is to use this to register the containers ip with my private tracker.  (unless anyone knows of a better way)

I have privoxy enabled but configuring firefox to use the host ip:8118 as a proxy results in timeout messages.

Thank you.

**Edit:

I just wanted to update that it looks like this was a mistake on my side.  I entered my local subnet incorrectly.  It now works without issue.

Edited by Lobus

Hi @binhex -  I appreciate all you've done - is there a way to use the alternative WebUIs with this container? Apologies in advance, but I tried looking for this in the thread. If it's been mentioned, I'm so sorry that I missed it! 

I had to change my port to 8083, and it works with the default UI. When I link to a custom one, I get this error: 

Unacceptable file type, only regular file is allowed.

Unacceptable file type, only regular file is allowed.

I'm assuming it's been dealt with, but again - I couldn't find it in the support thread "easily."  Any help is appreciated, no rush or urgency. I've been with your Deluge_VPN forever, and decided to make a switch to this after seeing the Vuetorrent UI in a video! 

Thanks once more!

Edit - Adding this link: 

Looks like it's something with the privoxy, but I'm definitely not smart enough to understand how to take what they did there (NGINX) and apply it here!

Edited by brimnac
Include link to solution for NGINX proxy manager
15 hours ago, brimnac said:

nd decided to make a switch to this after seeing the Vuetorrent UI in a video! 

so im assuming you are trying to get the VueTorrent UI working then right?, if so i can confirm this is possible as i have it running, although i keep switching back to classic, as the VueTorrent ui is still missing a lot of features, i think it was as simple as follow the instructions shown in the readme.md:-

https://github.com/WDaan/VueTorrent

That's correct - I'm trying to get the Vuetorrent UI working and running into the error. I'll disable my other docker that runs on 8080 and place this one back to default and see if it works from there. 8080 is my Ubiquiti, so I'm not sure if that's a long-term solution or not, but it's at least a start!

Thanks for the reply!

Edit: I worked it out, backwards, after this reply. I think I may have had the file path(s) wrong, but knowing it was supposed to be working I just nuked everything to start over.

I got it going on 8080, and once I was able to do that, I changed the ports in the Docker image. What do you know, it worked!

Thanks a ton, sincerely!

Edited by brimnac
Resolved

Torrents are unable to download and instantly changes its' status to "Errored"

I've been trying for days looking through forum posts and I just can't find any solution.

The logs are no help as they indicate nothing about any error or status of the torrents. The UI itself doesn't specify either what kind of error it is so I don't really know where to look. I've gone through the settings and docker config multiple times to find something I may have missed, but nothing. I may suspect an issue regarding read/write to the directory, but I can't confirm that.

I did also try running the same setup through Deluge, but the same error appears there aswell.

17 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Post your docker run command.

Command:
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-qbittorrentvpn' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='****' -e 'VPN_PASS'='****' -e 'VPN_PROV'='pia' -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='openvpn' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='no' -e 'WEBUI_PORT'='8080' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.1.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1' -e 'VPN_INPUT_PORTS'='' -e 'VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS'='' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -p '8118:8118/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Downloads/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn':'/config':'rw' --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn'
abb35398bf7fe980f2ad11dc8bd7e5031a1d7f6e157a2dc895cb1aef8108bf41

The command finished successfully!

Just now, Tomlins said:

I changed the path for torrents to be downloaded to mnt/user/Downloads/completed

There's your problem. If you want them to end up there, you must point them to /data/completed

The container has no access to the array except what you assign, and you assigned /data to /mnt/user/Downloads

14 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

There's your problem. If you want them to end up there, you must point them to /data/completed

The container has no access to the array except what you assign, and you assigned /data to /mnt/user/Downloads

So if I'm getting this right, I have to change the "Host Path 2" to /data/completed and make it so all the torrents I download go into that specific path in the Web UI when I upload a torrent file for them to not enter the errored state? Or am I reading this wrong?

1 minute ago, Tomlins said:

So if I'm getting this right, I have to change the "Host Path 2" to /data/completed and make it so all the torrents I download go into that specific path in the Web UI when I upload a torrent file for them to not enter the errored state? Or am I reading this wrong?

Nope. Just tell the torrents to download to /data/completed

On 9/8/2021 at 11:29 AM, therecker said:

I want to be able to route web based traffic through this VPN from outside of my network. I will lock this down via my firewall to only allow traffic from a specific IP address so as to not open up a security nightmare. I also don't want to run more than one VPN. I use this for a multitude of things and it works flawlessly for everything I want except this one task but this one task is very important. Isn't there something that can just be done on my side to allow this?

@binhexAny luck yet coming up with ideas or am I just shit out of luck?

Seeing this in the log info - is there a way to disable the ipv6 stuff?

2021-09-21 03:57:34 WARNING: OpenVPN was configured to add an IPv6 route. However, no IPv6 has been configured for tun0, therefore the route installation may fail or may not work as expected.
2021-09-21 03:57:34 add_route_ipv6(::/3 -> :: metric -1) dev tun0
2021-09-21 03:57:34 net_route_v6_add: ::/3 via :: dev tun0 table 0 metric -1
2021-09-21 03:57:34 sitnl_send: rtnl: generic error (-13): Permission denied
2021-09-21 03:57:34 ERROR: Linux IPv6 route can't be added
2021-09-21 03:57:34 add_route_ipv6(2000::/4 -> :: metric -1) dev tun0
2021-09-21 03:57:34 net_route_v6_add: 2000::/4 via :: dev tun0 table 0 metric -1
2021-09-21 03:57:34 add_route_ipv6(3000::/4 -> :: metric -1) dev tun0
2021-09-21 03:57:34 net_route_v6_add: 3000::/4 via :: dev tun0 table 0 metric -1
2021-09-21 03:57:34 add_route_ipv6(fc00::/7 -> :: metric -1) dev tun0
2021-09-21 03:57:34 net_route_v6_add: fc00::/7 via :: dev tun0 table 0 metric -1

1 hour ago, Econaut said:

Seeing this in the log info - is there a way to disable the ipv6 stuff?

i got a test for you to run, can you add this line to your ovpn config file located in /config/openvpn/

block-ipv6

then save and restart container and see if this blocks the pushed options, please let me know the outcome.

• Thanks 1

@binhex Added the noted line to the end of the list of options in the .ovpn file. No change in the log output - seems like it may be benign and not matter much anyway. I am noticing this option is in there as well: setenv UV_IPV6 yes

Edit: commenting out that line (and leaving yours) seems to have cleared up the log messages

Edited by Econaut

Sorry if this is a dumb question but is there some way to browse the local docker shares when adding a file? I'm not a fan of guessing manual paths and having to double check them. Also, Browse... only lets you browse the accessing system rather than local shares to the docker. Is there a way to have both be just through the docker shares directly? If it was direct control of the application rather than the web UI, this would be possible so it's a curious limitation.

image.png.aecf4e63147924f5576689eaebb4761c.png

9 hours ago, Dalarielus said:

Hi guys, bit of an odd one - apologies if this has been asked before.

My connection status icon is showing the yellow flame (firewalled) and DHT isn't working, though torrents are still downloading.

I'm using a NordVPN OVPN connection if that helps?

nordvpn does NOT offer port forwarding so you will always see the yellow icon:-

https://support.nordvpn.com/FAQ/1047408432/Do-you-offer-port-forwarding.htm

Also, Browse... only lets you browse the accessing system rather than local shares to the docker. Is there a way to have both be just through the docker shares directly?

you should be able to see what you call 'local shares' (bind mounts in docker talk), so going to /config should show you all files that are located on your host system (unraid) for the host path you specified, same for /data, if you REALLY want to see all unraid shares (NOT recommended), then add in a new 'path' with host path defined as '/mnt/user' and container path of say '/unraid' and then use this to browse all shares.

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, binhex said:

you should be able to see what you call 'local shares' (bind mounts in docker talk), so going to /config should show you all files that are located on your host system (unraid) for the host path you specified, same for /data, if you REALLY want to see all unraid shares (NOT recommended), then add in a new 'path' with host path defined as '/mnt/user' and container path of say '/unraid' and then use this to browse all shares.

Just the one bind mount is sufficient but I was hoping to be able to have a browse UI for that location to choose a subfolder that way but it looks like it's just a limitation of the web UI and can't be done. Using the monitor folder options is the next best thing (adding one for each possible download location).