[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

On 11/26/2021 at 7:21 AM, Ryssk said:

Issue: Is that my container looses it's configuration, well most of the configuration such as the set password password (it reverts to the default one). It's also loosing all the save path settings set in the categories/labels. Aswell all the settings done in Options.

4 hours ago, deni said:

Also using cache for my share with setting to Prefer, but all other containers work except this one... 

Anyone with an hint what can be done to prevent this?

sorry guys i cannot replicate the issue, rebooted and all good for me, ensure you do have enough free space on cache, as 'prefer' WILL move files to array if you run out of space, which will of course cause all sorts of issues, i would recommend changing that to 'only', from the help system:-

Prefer indicates that all new files and subdirectories should be written to the Cache disk/pool, provided enough free space exists on the Cache disk/pool. If there is insufficient space on the Cache disk/pool, then new files and directories are created on the array. When the mover is invoked, files and subdirectories are transferred off the array and onto the Cache disk/pool.

Ok and Thanks!

Will do some more testing to see if I can replicate the issues myself. The last time it happened to me it was actually a power failure and a crash and not a normal reboot. I will try to see if that is the case that makes the config disappear. Can't do the test this evening but will conduct it tomorrow and report back.

49 minutes ago, Rojen Mcche said:

Hello.  I recently have not been able to login to the web ui.  I am using the defaults user: admin and pass: adminadmin, but it is no longer working.  Any thoughts?  Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Attach the supervisord log to your next post. It’s in the appdata folder.

1 hour ago, Rojen Mcche said:

Hello.  I recently have not been able to login to the web ui.  I am using the defaults user: admin and pass: adminadmin, but it is no longer working.  Any thoughts?  Thank you in advance for any assistance.

I am having same issue, I thought it was just a bad config so started fresh and still no gui

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-qbittorrentvpn' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Server" -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="binhex-qbittorrentvpn" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='REMOVED' -e 'VPN_PASS'='REMOVED' -e 'VPN_PROV'='pia' -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='wireguard' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='yes' -e 'WEBUI_PORT'='8080' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.1.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1' -e 'VPN_INPUT_PORTS'='' -e 'VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS'='' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:8081]/' -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/binhex/docker-templates/master/binhex/images/qbittorrent-icon.png' -p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8081:8081/tcp' -p '8118:8118/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Downloads/data/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn':'/config':'rw' --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn'

fc518df496afdbf3232614dd222f65b2b313e80fc07197bcb5d81fb1abfbdf6c

The command finished successfully!

Also tried changing ports just incase theirs a conflict with another container but to be fair nothing has changed.

supervisord.zip

Edited by bally12345

Hey @binhex and all other who might help me.

I successfully got the qbittorrent docker running also with connectiong my *arr services to it. 

I have two (only one, privoxy works fine :) ) problems which i couldnt resolve yet. 

First one is to access qbittorrent and the *arrs (since these are now part of the qbittorrent net) through nginxproxymanager via domain: Accessing the services (torrent and *arrs) via [IP-Adrress]:[Port] works just fine. But i have set up my home network to resolve domain names and proxied them through nginxproxymanager. But this does not work, i always get a timeout when trying to access via domain. Is there any setting necessary to get this to work?

Second one is privoxy: NVM it just works now. 

For the last few weeks I have had issues with the privoxy HTTP proxy in qbittorrent. the *arr's can't seem to connect to anything through it most of the time.

I tried using the binhex dedicated privoxy container that supported Socks5 proxy and they work fine through that but that is another VPN connection I have running.

Does anyone know why the HTTP proxy in qbittorrent stopped working? Or does anyone know how to enable a socks5 proxy in it?

I have not changed any settings in months and it was working fine.

• Thanks 1

Seeing same issue myself, haven't touched config in months and it's been working but now it seems nothing is connecting and I cannot view web UI.

Edit: Rebooted Unraid, left this docker stopped, did a force update, then started again watching logs and now it's got an accessible web GUI again. Very odd but can't say the force update definitively helped it or was just coincidence.

Edited by Econaut

I'm having some weird issues with speed.

I have a gigabit connection. When starting a large torrent, the speed will shoot up to ~80-100 MBps no problem, stay there for a few seconds, and then plummet back down to the single digits, sometimes as low as 2 MBps. It'll stay there for the rest of the download, not speeding up.

This even happens with slower torrents. A bad torrent might start at around 15 MB/s, then also drop down after a few percent has finished to the single digits.

I'm using wireguard with mullvad. I can confirm the server I'm connecting to is capable of gigabit speeds, so I'm not really sure what the issue is.

Connections status is green, so the port is properly forwarded. I also set the protocol to TCP only, but no luck with either TCP or TCP/uTP

Edit: Just bought a month of PIA, same issue. The speed will shoot up, then drop significantly.

Edit2: Just tested a torrent on my desktop using the same wireguard config. It's not as aggressive, but it still dropped from 80 MB/s to ~20 MB/s. So I guess it isn't an unraid-specific issue. Maybe something to do with my ISP? Weird that VPN traffic would be throttled though

Edited by lp0101

I seem to be having general PIA wireguard VPN issues in addition to the prioxy issues above as well. Takes a long time for the qbittorrent to start up and it seems to be during the VPN setup. Then the connection seems really unstable with downloads sometimes not starting at all, others going very slow and other working normally.

Once it starts working normally, it seems to stay that way as long as I don't touch anything. Very inconsistent though.

Edited by TexasUnraid

Hello,

I updated my Docker container to the latest qBT release (4.4.0) and for some reason it changed some of my config settings. The paths for completed, temporary, copy torrents to and copy finished torrents to folders had all been reset to locations inside the container. It also reset my rate limits on the speed tab. The more serious configuration setting was that it reverted to using any available interface instead of tun0. I caught it after about 2 hrs of run-time.

It's working as expected now that I've reset everything, but I just wanted to mention it in case others experience the same issue.