[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

17 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

That all looks good. I would edit your Torrents share and set use cache to no AFTER YOU GET ALL THE FILES MOVED TO THE ARRAY. Thats really just personal preference but it will help to avoid filling the cache.

It would appear that when the update to the broken qbittorrent the unraid server moved files from the array to the cache drive and put them in this directory "/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn".  This one does not get moved off the cache.  I tried to download another torrent prior to reverting the version of qbittorrent as suggested and it also went into the same folder.

Normally it should go into /data/QBT/temp/ and then move to /data/QBT/ once it is completed.

Now whenever i am running qbittorrent the cache drive reads and writes are maxed out at the same time, even though i have deleted all the existing torrents and just did one test download of 10GB which is stuck at moving.

Is it possible that Qbittorrent is still moving all those files around on my cache drive? Because when i shut down the docker the writing/reading stops and then i can manually start the mover script on docker/main and it moves over a bunch of the previously torrented files according to the system log with logging of moved files enabled.

I think it may be fixing itself?

Edit.  Also thanks for posting your working settings, i will try them after i let this play out, the Downloads folder in the appdata folder is getting smaller each time i run the qbittorrent...  What or why i don't know.

Edited by FrozenGamer
2 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Here's a screenshot of mine (I know they work 😄). You can adjust the names if you want. The just have to start with /data.

469743845_ScreenShot2022-01-08at8_48_52PM.thumb.png.f7b9f72b3fb44cbb13ef67caca828a4f.png

Restart the docker after making changes.

Dude, /data folder is located in /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/data, and you talked about NOT having download shares on cache, and Appdata should Always be on cache?!  

My problem is that if I change my download folder to anything outside of /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/data I get an error saying "mkdir - permission denied". 

I don´t agree with you saying that, "move download folder off cache" and then just showing us that you have it on cache. 
Makes me question everything you say.

18 minutes ago, BeardElk said:

Edit: I´m on qBittorrent v4.4.0

10 hours ago, binhex said:

hi guys, this looks like a qbittorrent bug, please feel free to monitor or add anything useful to this support thread:- https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/15969 this may also be related:- https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/15965

if you wish to roll back to get you going then follow these instructions, see Q5:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md

4.4.0 has a bug that may be causing your issues. Try installing the previous version as linked and see if that helps.

Also, I couldn't really read your screenshot (way too small) but I think it had your user/password for VPN. You should change them with your provider.

FYI- docker run command.

4 minutes ago, FrozenGamer said:

It would appear that when the update to the broken qbittorrent the unraid server moved files from the array to the cache drive and put them in this directory "/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn".  This one does not get moved off the cache.  I tried to download another torrent prior to reverting the version of qbittorrent as suggested and it also went into the same folder.

Normally it should go into /data/QBT/temp/ and then move to /data/QBT/ once it is completed.

Now whenever i am running qbittorrent the cache drive reads and writes are maxed out at the same time, even though i have deleted all the existing torrents and just did one test download of 10GB which is stuck at moving.

Is it possible that Qbittorrent is still moving all those files around on my cache drive? Because when i shut down the docker the writing/reading stops and then i can manually start the mover script on docker/main and it moves over a bunch of the previously torrented files according to the system log with logging of moved files enabled.

I think it may be fixing itself?

Edit.  Also thanks for posting your working settings, i will try them after i let this play out, the Downloads folder in the appdata folder is getting smaller each time i run the qbittorrent...  What or why i don't know.

all your dockers should be in "/mnt/user/appdata/", unless you have (for some unknow reason) set it otherwise.  

Just now, wgstarks said:

4.4.0 has a bug that may be causing your issues. Try installing the previous version as linked and see if that helps.

Also, I couldn't really read your screenshot (way too small) but I think it had your user/password for VPN. You should change them with your provider.

FYI- docker run command.

FUCK thanks

5 minutes ago, BeardElk said:

Dude, /data folder is located in /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/data, and you talked about NOT having download shares on cache, and Appdata should Always be on cache?!  

My problem is that if I change my download folder to anything outside of /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/data I get an error saying "mkdir - permission denied". 

I don´t agree with you saying that, "move download folder off cache" and then just showing us that you have it on cache. 
Makes me question everything you say.

That post wasn't for you. His /data folder isn't located in appdata and shouldn't be.

24 minutes ago, FrozenGamer said:

If the appdata share is set to cache=only then mover will not move any files in appdata. If the appdata share is set to cache=prefer then mover will attempt to keep all the appdata files on cache and will move them there from other locations.

Is mover running on your server?

edit: you should be able to browse your Torrents share and see where the test file is.

Edited by wgstarks
25 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

That was my fault. I posted "run command" originally, which doesn't link.

I´ve downgraded to 4.3.3-1-07 and still get the same "mkdir - permission denied". 

In web-ui it just says "stalled" instead of "errored", but the log says the exact same thing.

Edited by BeardElk

Had to downgrade to 4.3.9-2-01.  The new version keeps overwriting my qbittorrent config file, putting my downloads into my appdata folder, resetting queue settings, etc.  I had to restore my config from a backup file.  The old version is working fine, thankfully.   

Edited by dyno
3 hours ago, wgstarks said:

If the appdata share is set to cache=only then mover will not move any files in appdata. If the appdata share is set to cache=prefer then mover will attempt to keep all the appdata files on cache and will move them there from other locations.

Is mover running on your server?

edit: you should be able to browse your Torrents share and see where the test file is.

I think I am good to go now.  I moved all the files out of the appdata folderafter it finished doing whatever it was doing.  I had to create a new folder for my torrents and then edit categories.  So many things are not obvious with this program, but once its working it works pretty well.. with the exception of todays little nightmares.  Thanks again for your help wgstarks!

4 hours ago, dyno said:

Had to downgrade to 4.3.9-2-01.  The new version keeps overwriting my qbittorrent config file, putting my downloads into my appdata folder, resetting queue settings, etc.  I had to restore my config from a backup file.  The old version is working fine, thankfully.   

I had the same problem after upgrading to 4.4. All my settings disappeared, and torrents would just sit in "Stalled". The tracker addresses weren't displayed. After downgrading to 4.3.9.-2-01 everything was back to normal 🤔.

8 hours ago, FrozenGamer said:

I think I am good to go now.  I moved all the files out of the appdata folderafter it finished doing whatever it was doing.  I had to create a new folder for my torrents and then edit categories.  So many things are not obvious with this program, but once its working it works pretty well.. with the exception of todays little nightmares.  Thanks again for your help wgstarks!

Probably a good idea to force recheck any torrents that you downloaded with the 4.4.0 version just to be sure they’re complete.

Hopefully the qbittorrent devs will get the bug fixed soon.

• Like 1

Hi there Binhex, 
Still lovin the work you do for the community. 
Config settings get lost and have to setup again after power loss, or hard reset of the server.  

Either way, before using qBittorrent I was using Deluge and my settings would never wipe like this.
The reason i switched from deluge is that it stalls to often and works very slow. 
Basically Qbittorrent gets fully reset, but keeps the list of torrents, 
but they end up being moved to different folder as the categories get messed up and I have to 
reconfigure and they then are relocated.

My setup is as follows:
Running via docker container on unRAID 6.10.0-rc2

Using binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn

*edit*

I have this problem like for more than a year now its not like its since the last update or so. 

Also on the older versions this happens.

*edit*

See attached picture. 

So basically my question is: what am I doing wrong and how to I get it so that my config is permanently saved, 
so that I don't have to setup webui login info, categories, saving management, etc. up every time I lose power. 
On clean exit of the docker i have no issues and everything loads up as setup. 

So is there some file in the docker or appdata i can change so the settings wil stay.
Make it persistent. 

Thanks in advance, 

Denix

speed.png

bittorrent.png

connection.png

downloads.png

Edited by DeNiX
additional info

After the 4.4.0 update I also had my settings reverted to default. I have re-configured and got the incomplete downloads relocated back to the proper directory.

However, I have noticed that one particular category (TV-SONARR) seems to be creating 3 subdirectories in the COMPLETED downloads directory. These are named strange (see pic). Only the most recent of the 3 contains ALL completed downloads for this Category (the other 2 are empty). Prior to the upgrade this Category behaved the same as the others and simply moved the completed downloads to the COMPLETE directory as expected.

Picture1.png.db30705c73adbd9e571de104e994afde.png

Edited by VelcroBP
clarification of new folder behavior
2 minutes ago, VelcroBP said:

Prior to the upgrade this Category behaved the same as the others and simply moved the completed downloads to the COMPLETE directory as expected.

4.4.0 has a bug (discussed earlier one or two pages back). I would suggest rolling back to the previous docker version.

Like i said earlier, my issue went back almost a year now, doesnt matter what version, already tried that. 

i can replicate it by hard resetting the server, or disconnect the power supply. 

It reset it self to the state i just install the docker container. 

thats why i asked if i can hardcode it to the container in some how.

*edit* 

it just annoyed me right now, as i just finished putting 70+ torrents in the list and it came blank after unraid hung and i had to reset. 

Edited by DeNiX

I'm sure its been said before, but there is a bug upgrading from qbittorrent 4.3.9 to 4.40.

The default save paths not the least of which, were changed for me from:

/data/torrents

and

/data/incomplete

to:

/config/qbittorrent/<something>

and

/config/qbittorrent/<something> (but unchecked as active)

Most other settings were reset as well, but not all. The only things that looked to have been still saved were my subdomain webUI bypass and the username & password to log in.

I fixed it and so far even after a restart everything is back to normal, but that was a few minutes of annoyance fixing it.    So make sure you have a backup to reference.   And no, stopping and replacing the backup of your config file and restarting 4.4.0 results in the same wipeout.  So you're going to have to fix it manually.

19 minutes ago, BeardElk said:

VPN_USER'='BeardElk' -e 'VPN_PASS'='Robina123

If these are your actual username and password you should change the right away.

I see that you have reverted to a previous version. Are you still having problems with downloads going into ram or appdata?

Edited by wgstarks