[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

I see a bunch of problems going on with qbitorrent but not sure if this is part of it. I have the VPN version but I am not getting a gui. I had to the change the host port to 8082 which shouldnt be an issue. Tried deluge and there are no issues. Logs for qbit just saying listening on 8082.

36 minutes ago, mkono87 said:

I see a bunch of problems going on with qbitorrent but not sure if this is part of it. I have the VPN version but I am not getting a gui. I had to the change the host port to 8082 which shouldnt be an issue. Tried deluge and there are no issues. Logs for qbit just saying listening on 8082.

Two things,

1. Latest version of qbit (4.4.0) has a bug. Use the previous version tag as described here.

2. When you changed the webUI port did you follow the instructions on GitHub?

Due to issues with CSRF and port mapping, should you require to alter the port for the webui you need to change both sides of the -p 8080 switch AND set the WEBUI_PORT variable to the new port.

For example, to set the port to 8090 you need to set -p 8090:8090 and -e WEBUI_PORT=8090

If neither of these apply or problems persist attach your supervisord log to your next post. PLEASE REDACT YOUR USER NAME/PASSWORD FROM THE LOG BEFORE POSTING IT.

1 minute ago, wgstarks said:

Two things,

1. Latest version of qbit (4.4.0) has a bug. Use the previous version tag as described here.

2. When you changed the webUI port did you follow the instructions on GitHub?

If neither of these apply or problems persist attach your supervisord log to your next post. PLEASE REDACT YOUR USER NAME/PASSWORD FROM THE LOG BEFORE POSTING IT.

Thanks for the quick reply. No I didn't catch that on Github. But I see what you mean, shouldnt be too difficult. Thanks.

1 minute ago, mkono87 said:
4 minutes ago, wgstarks said:
Dont forget to install the previous version of qbit or you'll have issues setting proper download locations.

Are all the Torrent apps screwing up one by one?? Didn't deluge have major issues not to long ago?

It happens with apps that are having major development. Bound to get bugs now and then. That's why I appreciate auto-update on other people's servers.😁😁

• Like 1

Well I made the mistake of updating as well. I've rolled qBit back now to 4.3.9-2-01, but I still seem to be having issues. It appears that it is connecting with the trackers eventually, but it shows as updating for a very long time. Further, since rolling it back I've had the web UI crash several times saying out of memory, which makes me think data is still being sent to the wrong place? Under mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/data there is a folder titled BT-backup with over 10,000 files in it, mostly torrent files, so I suspect that might be causing me problems? 

My docker run looks like this-

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-qbittorrentvpn' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='REMOVED' -e 'VPN_PASS'='REMOVED' -e 'VPN_PROV'='pia' -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='openvpn' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='no' -e 'WEBUI_PORT'='8080' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.1.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1' -e 'ADDITIONAL_PORTS'='' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -p '8118:8118/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Downloads/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn':'/config':'rw' --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:4.3.9-2-01'

bf501b9f033560bb60bc64d11571b52e288bb08127419d68762e832d4db34738

In the web UI I have my save paths as-

Default- /downloads/Complete/

Incomplete is not checked, but is configured- /downloads/Incomplete/

Copy torrent files for finished downloads to- /downloads/Torrents/Torrent_Files/

Any thoughts on what I'm missing? I read through the last several pages but I believe I tried all the fixes. I probably missed something. 

I will say, I do have a bit over 5000 files currently in qBit seeding, so I'm sure that doesn't help. Once I get this fixed probably time to start a second copy of it. 

Thank you for taking a look. I did a reboot last night after I rolled it back, however it gave me issues until I reinstalled it a second time. So I'll try another reboot. I'd do a completely fresh install but I'm concerned I'd have to readd all the torrents manually and I just don't have the heart to do that

I should mention, it definitely is not connecting properly. A couple of the sites are not showing me as seeding everything I have listed in qBit, so some might be but not all. 

Edit 2- Server reboot has not helped, at least with the connection issue. Hasn't been long enough to see on the memory. I'm thinking about starting a second instance of qBit, transfer a couple thousand to the new one. Don't suppose there is an easy way to do that?

Edited by Matt0925

I reverted to the previous version 4.3.9-2-01. Things looked ok when I did that. This morning I can't connect to the WebUI at all with a "This site can't be reached error" in Chrome. I restarted the Docker and that doesn't change anything.

I'm not sure what caused this or what I should try next.

4 minutes ago, frank-unr said:

I reverted to the previous version 4.3.9-2-01. Things looked ok when I did that. This morning I can't connect to the WebUI at all with a "This site can't be reached error" in Chrome. I restarted the Docker and that doesn't change anything.

I'm not sure what caused this or what I should try next.

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

10 hours ago, mkono87 said:

What is the best way to test to make sure traffic is actually going through the vpn on this container?

The method I use is opening the console of the docker and use the following command to see the IP address that the container has:

dig +short myip.opendns.com @resolver1.opendns.com

If it's your own public IP, the VPN is not functioning. I have never had issues with binhex containers NOT using the VPN if you've configured it correctly.

43 minutes ago, Skyshroud said:

The method I use is opening the console of the docker and use the following command to see the IP address that the container has:

dig +short myip.opendns.com @resolver1.opendns.com

If it's your own public IP, the VPN is not functioning. I have never had issues with binhex containers NOT using the VPN if you've configured it correctly.

Weird, it doesnt work in the container, but fine on the host.

This works though...... curl ifconfig.me

Edited by mkono87
2 hours ago, binhex said:

Thanks. Somehow the problem fixed itself. 

Log used to stop with this line:

2022-01-12 11:49:43 Initialization Sequence Completed

Now it continues....

2022-01-12 11:50:00,044 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to get external IP using 'http://checkip.amazonaws.com'...

2022-01-12 11:50:05,438 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully retrieved external IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

and QBittorrent is only started later in the log.

I'm having an issue where the webui is directing me to the default 8080 even though I changed it to 8085.  I checked through my config and there's nothing set to 8080 that could be causing this so I'm a little confused why it would be happening.

I attached my docker xml, scrubbed some personal information.
copy-my-binhex-qbittorrentvpn-Sonarr.xml
Go back into edit and click advanced at the top right. Put in the new port there.

IS anyone else still having trouble after rolling back to 4.3.9-2-01 with files not moving from cache/appdata? Im pretty sure i have checked all folder paths and permissions and they all seem to be correct to the way I had it before. appdata share is set to "cache=prefer" but mover still doesn't transfer data to the disks. I even tried transferring some of it by hand but was only able to free up 30 GB. Setting appadata cache=yes does make mover transfer to disks but afterwards if I set it back to prefer the files are moved back to the cache.

Is there a way to tell the docker to not associate the files with the appdata? Should i delete the docker image? im also not sure if that will delete some the files stuck in appdata folder. Have almost 1 TB of some old torrents that are pretty much dead.

Heres the run command

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-qbittorrentvpn' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'= -e 'VPN_PASS'=c-e 'VPN_PROV'='custom' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='no' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='no' -e 'WEBUI_PORT'='8080' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.1.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1' -e 'ADDITIONAL_PORTS'='' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -p '8118:8118/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/DownloadRoot/qBittorrent/data/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/DownloadRoot/qBittorrent/downloads/':'/DOWNLOADS':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/DownloadRoot/qBittorrent/incomplete/':'/INCOMPLETE':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/DownloadRoot/qBittorrent/watch/':'/WATCH':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn':'/config':'rw' --cap-add=NET_ADMIN 'binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:4.3.9-2-01'

d5c3113c7ce117a7ed9536354c8189dbad5e2f5788b5dd5f196be19977d9f33e

The command finished successfully!

Edited by nos0n3
3 hours ago, nos0n3 said:

appdata share is set to "cache=prefer" but mover still doesn't transfer data to the disks.

Cache= prefer means that you want to keep the files on the cache. Mover won’t move them to the array. You could set appdata to cache=YES but this will move all appdata files to the array (not what you want). Your best option would be to use mv or rsync to move the individual files.

Edited by wgstarks
11 hours ago, mkono87 said:
12 hours ago, Blairwin said:
I'm having an issue where the webui is directing me to the default 8080 even though I changed it to 8085.  I checked through my config and there's nothing set to 8080 that could be causing this so I'm a little confused why it would be happening.

I attached my docker xml, scrubbed some personal information.
copy-my-binhex-qbittorrentvpn-Sonarr.xml

Go back into edit and click advanced at the top right. Put in the new port there.

Are you talking about the WebUI element?  Yes I've already done that it's in the xml i posted.

image.png.432035be8ea3c1547952ca58888e8f7f.png

29 minutes ago, Blairwin said:

Are you talking about the WebUI element?  Yes I've already done that it's in the xml i posted.

image.png.432035be8ea3c1547952ca58888e8f7f.png

Oh okay in that case, did you delete the original port mapping and change it to 8085:8085.  Host and container must match. And have WEB_UI_PORT set to 8085? Your XML wasn't opening on my phone and can't be bothered to troubleshoot.

Edited by mkono87