[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

So I upgraded to 4.4.0 and dealt with the config reset issues. All my torrents seem to be working fine.

However the info pane at the bottom doesn't show any information for my torrents. None of the tabs populate with data. The general tab shows all the field names, but doesn't have any data from the selected torrent in it. The rest of the tabs (Trackers, Peers, Http Sources, and Content) show the headers, but don't show any info.

Edit: I use Firefox, just tried it in Chrome and it the info panel has data. I cleared cache/cookies and it is working just fine now.

1465865226_Screenshot2022-01-14at13-58-10qBittorrentv440WebUI.thumb.png.033704472437550dc3ade3435745cc65.png1636615356_Screenshot2022-01-14at13-58-44qBittorrentv440WebUI.thumb.png.b82e2237b7750101a6d431f1b9b1e31e.png

Edited by benmandude

Lost my settings and save locations on the recent update (to 4.4.0 i believe, but not 100%) but I noticed and fixed them soon enough, and today there was another update (still 4.4.0) which didn't have that same effect. So I guess all well on that front..

Anyway, I have a question/situation and I didn't know where to ask, I am very new to these forums and am having trouble settling into the etiquette, and this involves more of an over-arching philosophical approach:

I am running happy enough with these dockers all in a shared custom network.

binhex-qbittorrentvpn

binhex-sonarr

binhex-radarr

binhex-prowlarr

binhex-jackett (not currently using)

EmbyServer (had problems passing my GPU to the binhex-emby and never got it sorted)

my inclination is that I should be running the *arrs through the VPN as well...

is this something worth doing, and is there a way to do it reasonably with the setup I have OR do I put something like binhex-privoxyvpn (I am a little confused by it atm) into the stack and route through it? I know I still have some reading to do, just looking for some input.

and big thanks @binhex for the solid docker images that have made things super approachable for someone only a few months into docker (and even less on unraid)

TIA

-g

Sorry if this isn't the place to post this..

On 1/15/2022 at 3:20 PM, constellation said:

Didn't notice that the default location now got moved to the appdata folder from what I set it to. Not sure if the new update caused that. Was so confusing to not find my files initially.

Yes. It’s a bug in Deluge 4.4.0. Hopefully the devs will be releasing an update soon. For now the best thing is to revert to 4.3.9.

Edited by wgstarks
On 1/14/2022 at 6:18 PM, Serverless said:

Updated the container to the latest version, I was already using the 4.4.0 container when was first released. Now the memory usage seems ok, the unraid docker page shows only 400MB, before was over 2GB!

I'm seeing the same improvement. Before 4.4.0 qbit would creep up to 2-3GB, so I had a script to reboot the container every 12 hours. I turned that script off since the update and it hasn't gone above 100MB for me so far.

20 hours ago, benmandude said:

I'm seeing the same improvement. Before 4.4.0 qbit would creep up to 2-3GB

thats completely normal usage for an out of the box config, it will consume up to the limit set by 'Disk cache (requires libtorrent < 2.0)' in qbittorrent, for example for me ive set my disk cache to 3072 MB (3GB) and as you would expect i can see 3GB of ram consumed by this container, if i set it to less then it will consume less, BUT that comes at a cost of more disk thrashing and potentially lower dl/ul speeds, in my experience i have not seen run away memory consumption for qbittorrent, and it should not be necessary to restart the container.

2 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Exactly how did you deal with the config reset issue? Was it just restoring the proper download locations?

Yes, not really a new thing to deal with for me. There is an issue where if the container is stopped inappropriately (loss of power/docker service killed), the config file gets reset the next time the container is started. So yes, just restore your download paths and any other config settings that were altered. I keep a backup copy of my config file in the same folder and just replace the config file with the backup whenever it happens. I did it manually this time, as I wasn't sure if the upgrade to 4.4.0 altered the format of the config file.

2 hours ago, binhex said:

thats completely normal usage for an out of the box config, it will consume up to the limit set by 'Disk cache (requires libtorrent < 2.0)' in qbittorrent, for example for me ive set my disk cache to 3072 MB (3GB) and as you would expect i can see 3GB of ram consumed by this container, if i set it to less then it will consume less, BUT that comes at a cost of more disk thrashing and potentially lower dl/ul speeds, in my experience i have not seen run away memory consumption for qbittorrent, and it should not be necessary to restart the container.

I was not seeing the container respect that limit in previous versions. I had it set to 1024, yet the container would consume the 2-3GB I mentioned. I had some occurrences where it got up to 4-5GB and encountered OOM errors. I did just check the disk cache setting and it looks like it got reset to -1. I'm going to change it back to 1024 and see if it respects that limit now.

I seem to have the container running OK again, however with the number of files seeding I'd ideally like to set up a second instance of the container. As far as I'm aware you need to make three changes- name, app data folder and port numbers. 

Looking at the log it looks to start up find, but opening the webUI the page cannot be found and won't connect. Any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong?

Also sorry if this was posted somewhere previously in the thread, I searched but couldn't find anything on it. 

Hi, I'm having issues with the docker seeming to set permissions as 770 for all created files on Private shares, even with the umask set to 000. This means that even users with read/write access on the shares the docker is writing to, they cannot read any file or directory created by the docker. If I run the docker as another user (other than 99), I can access the files with that user account, but not from any other account. 

Is there any way to override the default permissions the docker is setting? Having to amend permissions every time the docker touches a file is not great. 

EDIT: Found that this was caused by remnants of being on Active Directory, but rather than being a permissions issue, it was an extended ACL issue. Using the command "setfacl -Rb /mnt/user/" resets the ACL on all user shares, then re-ran docker safe permissions tool and voilà, dockers are able to assign permissions as expected. 

Edited by Shinobu
5 minutes ago, Matt0925 said:

Both are now attached. 

qbit1.thumb.PNG.1f9970fd102b0cb16f503372fe6af8a9.PNG

supervisord.log 82.59 kB · 1 download

Did you follow the instructions on GitHub?

Due to issues with CSRF and port mapping, should you require to alter the port for the webui you need to change both sides of the -p 8080 switch AND set the WEBUI_PORT variable to the new port.

For example, to set the port to 8090 you need to set -p 8090:8090 and -e WEBUI_PORT=8090

Honestly I had not, I didn't realize that had something on it. That's my mistake. Was following guides I found elsewhere and everyone just said change the port, no need to edit the other details. Seems that is probably my issue. That said, clicking on edit for host port 3 it only allows me to edit the Host Port and Default Value, not the Container Port. Do I need to delete this Host Port and add another Port at the bottom with the correct new port?

50 minutes ago, Matt0925 said:

Well interesting development. Adding a new port for it and deleting the original one does load up qBit on the webUI, however it directs to the original instance of it on port 8080 rather than the new one despite pointing to 8081 and app data in a different spot

And you changed both sides of 8080 (8081:8081) plus set the webUI port to 8081?

On 1/18/2022 at 1:00 AM, Matt0925 said:

Well interesting development. Adding a new port for it and deleting the original one does load up qBit on the webUI, however it directs to the original instance of it on port 8080 rather than the new one despite pointing to 8081 and app data in a different spot

have you also changed the template to reflect the port change?, im assuming we are talking about the functionality of left click icon, select webui right?, if so then left click icon, select edit and then toggle 'advanced view' and edit the port for 'WebUI', for instance mine looks like this:-

http://[IP]:[PORT:2100]/

which means when i click on the webui link for the app it takes me to unraid host ip and port 2100, you will need to alter this to be what the new port is now defined as for your second instance.

On 1/14/2022 at 10:00 PM, benmandude said:

So I upgraded to 4.4.0 and dealt with the config reset issues. All my torrents seem to be working fine.

However the info pane at the bottom doesn't show any information for my torrents. None of the tabs populate with data. The general tab shows all the field names, but doesn't have any data from the selected torrent in it. The rest of the tabs (Trackers, Peers, Http Sources, and Content) show the headers, but don't show any info.

Edit: I use Firefox, just tried it in Chrome and it the info panel has data. I cleared cache/cookies and it is working just fine now.

1465865226_Screenshot2022-01-14at13-58-10qBittorrentv440WebUI.thumb.png.033704472437550dc3ade3435745cc65.png1636615356_Screenshot2022-01-14at13-58-44qBittorrentv440WebUI.thumb.png.b82e2237b7750101a6d431f1b9b1e31e.png

Weird, I'm in the same boat (using Firefox and info panel shows nothing), but clearing cookies and site data does not help me. In a Private Window, I can see the info panel contents. Puzzling...

EDIT: after a restart of the browser, I am seeing the info again. Will skip this latest version.

Edited by thatsthefrickenlightning
15 hours ago, binhex said:

have you also changed the template to reflect the port change?, im assuming we are talking about the functionality of left click icon, select webui right?, if so then left click icon, select edit and then toggle 'advanced view' and edit the port for 'WebUI', for instance mine looks like this:-

http://[IP]:[PORT:2100]/

which means when i click on the webui link for the app it takes me to unraid host ip and port 2100, you will need to alter this to be what the new port is now defined as for your second instance.

Yes I have- 

qbit4.PNG.0f960e9cf4d830b96b4a6cfae84a567a.PNG

I also changed the ports-

qbit6.PNG.db56ed6d0a1617a37050f4bac48dca4c.PNG

And finally added the webUI port and deleted the original config on it-

qbit5.PNG.c2d14c7b8ff7fece8a219a2dd8b553f7.PNG

I tried deleting it and starting fresh, still directed to the original 8080. Interestingly despite my settings in the config file it still showed the port as 8080. When changed there to 8081 and saved it still brings up port 8080, so that wasn't it. 

I feel like there must be something small I'm missing but I have no idea what it is?