[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

8 minutes ago, mat_brum said:

Hi... I'm unable to launch WebUI.

I've changed to port 8070 (Sab was taking default) in all relevant places and using wireguard with pia.

One thing I've noticed is that the port in supervisord.log is not open according to yougetsignaldotcom. I may have something wrong but I checked with the VPN IP & port at the bottom of the log?

I've tried adding the ovpn and cert file from pia website to the wireguard folder (is this relevant as the FAQ mentions OpenVPN folder only?) but the wg0.conf is always written on docker restart.

If there is anything else needed, please let me know, I've been on this for around 4 hours, and can't seem to find my issue in these forums or elsewhere.

Here is my compose and log attached:

image.thumb.png.18332f4d79195b45acf9f261ad705e54.png

Appreciate any support.

supervisord.log 532.95 kB · 0 downloads

....Whaaaat! So it's just started working with no changes from above... The port is still showing as closed so assuming that was a red herring and I had the wrong IP & Port from the log. Happy and sad at the same time, I like knowing root cause.

9 hours ago, wgstarks said:

So it may not have anything to do with 6.10. Why don't you post a brief outline of what you have tried along with your docker run command and supervisord log. Be sure to redact user/password from both.

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting it was to do with 6.10, just specifying which version of Unraid I'm running.

I tried the solution shown here on Q.2

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

My supervisord.log is attached, and below is my docker run command.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-qbittorrentvpn' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e HOST_HOSTNAME="DarthUnraider" -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="binhex-qbittorrentvpn" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='redacted' -e 'VPN_PASS'='redacted' -e 'VPN_PROV'='pia' -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='wireguard' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='yes' -e 'WEBUI_PORT'='8080' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.2.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1' -e 'VPN_INPUT_PORTS'='' -e 'VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS'='' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:8080]/' -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/binhex/docker-templates/master/binhex/images/qbittorrent-icon.png' -p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -p '8118:8118/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Data/Downloads/Torrents/':'/data/Downloads/Torrents/':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn':'/config':'rw' --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn'
4550ced7ab48e96cb26f6a9bc6b7704191fbcfdab915ac54b1e02d4c7571e47a

The command finished successfully!

supervisord.log

2 hours ago, cobhc said:

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting it was to do with 6.10, just specifying which version of Unraid I'm running.

I tried the solution shown here on Q.2

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

My supervisord.log is attached, and below is my docker run command.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-qbittorrentvpn' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e HOST_HOSTNAME="DarthUnraider" -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="binhex-qbittorrentvpn" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='redacted' -e 'VPN_PASS'='redacted' -e 'VPN_PROV'='pia' -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='wireguard' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='yes' -e 'WEBUI_PORT'='8080' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.2.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1' -e 'VPN_INPUT_PORTS'='' -e 'VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS'='' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:8080]/' -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/binhex/docker-templates/master/binhex/images/qbittorrent-icon.png' -p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -p '8118:8118/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Data/Downloads/Torrents/':'/data/Downloads/Torrents/':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn':'/config':'rw' --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn'
4550ced7ab48e96cb26f6a9bc6b7704191fbcfdab915ac54b1e02d4c7571e47a

supervisord.log 13.99 kB · 1 download

Looks like you haven’t added all your lan networks. IIRC you need to add the network you are connecting from separated by a comma.

20 hours ago, wgstarks said:

/data

1730114223_ScreenShot2022-03-14at6_12_10PM.thumb.png.55e36bdbc0a871fa8a0adb47045f459c.png

Thanks wgstarks. If want to modify the location can I provide any path? for example: /mnt/user/Downloads/. Or do I have to create "data" folder in the new path? example: /mnt/user/Downloads/data

Thanks again.

It’s /data inside the container. The container path is all the app can see. The host path is the actual location on the server where you want the files downloaded to. You set it for whatever you want.

Example:

Host path=/mnt/user/movies

Container path=/data

If I set the download location to /data on the app all files will be downloaded to /mnt/user/movies.

Got it! Now I am obviously having problems starting the container after changing the ports as suggested in the beginning of this thread. Of course the reason for that is my lack of understanding. Can you guide me in the right direction please?

I have done the following:

• changed port 8080 -> 8088
  • changed port for WEBUI for 8088
  • created an additional entry path "PORT TYPE" with port 8088

I now can not start the docker. Is this something I have to change in CLI?

Thanks,

qbvpn-1.JPG

qbvpn-2.JPG

qbvpn-3.JPG

qbvpn-4.JPG

i am definitely messing something up here. I changed the settings back to original and still couldn't start the docker. I reinstalled the docker and cleaned up the directory and reinstalled. I can now start the docker with network set to - br1 but no WEBUI

11 minutes ago, BKG said:

i am definitely messing something up here. I changed the settings back to original and still couldn't start the docker. I reinstalled the docker and cleaned up the directory and reinstalled. I can now start the docker with network set to - br1 but no WEBUI

I think it's the webui variable. Should look like this-

1008217822_ScreenShot2022-03-15at5_00_57PM.png.42afa4dda11df6d9b6bf975e5e3ab301.png

Config type=variable

Name is up to you.

Key=WEBUI_PORT

Value=8088 (if that's what you want to use)

Default Value you can leave unchanged.

Description is up to you.

I think I followed to the "T" but still when I start the docker it shows port 8080. I think i don't quite get the directions from binhex on the page #1 where he is saying that you have to add the new port and delete the existing one.

4 minutes ago, BKG said:

I think I followed to the "T" but still when I start the docker it shows port 8080. I think i don't quite get the directions from binhex on the page #1 where he is saying that you have to add the new port and delete the existing one.

I can't see the "Type" for the WEB_UI VARIABLE in your screenshot so check and be sure its set to "variable". Also, network type should be "bridge".

here it is with the network set back to br1. I have two NICs on this server eth0 is bridged to br0 and eth1 is bridged to br1. bro is for the system control and VM and br1 is for the dockers. I have other dockers and VM working fine. 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name='binhex-qbittorrentvpn' --net='br1' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'TCP_PORT_6881'='6881' -e 'UDP_PORT_6881'='6881' -e 'TCP_PORT_8088'='8088' -e 'TCP_PORT_8118'='8118' -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='vpn username' -e 'VPN_PASS'='vpn password' -e 'VPN_PROV'='pia' -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='openvpn' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='no' -e 'WEBUI_PORT'='8088' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.0.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1' -e 'VPN_INPUT_PORTS'='' -e 'VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS'='' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/data':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn':'/config':'rw' --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn'

a0cbe5f8248e40a706e990a03ba5eaa8109d67e85728b242f09e74f8dd3e1fc1

2 minutes ago, BKG said:

/mnt/user/appdata/data':'/data':'rw

I'm not sure you want your downloads saved to /mnt/user/appdata/. It's up to you but that location would be on the cache drive by default. Usually I think most people probably use a share on the array. I use /mnt/user/Media/ for mine.

That's not why you can't connect to the UI though.

Attach supervisord log to your next post. You'll need to redact user/passwords from the log first.