[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

You can manually edit qbittorrent.conf in the appdata folder.

Not really, there is no path for incompleted downloads. I tried to add manually, still didn’t work. Need to downgrade somehow, any idea how I can move to older version of container instead of latest ?
1 hour ago, J05u said:

Not really, there is no path for incompleted downloads. I tried to add manually, still didn’t work. Need to downgrade somehow, any idea how I can move to older version of container instead of latest ?

Just enter the tag number for the version you want in the repository field after the repository name separated by a colon.

I'm wondering if someone can help me diagnose and solve a problem. I've been using this container for a while with no major issues, but in the last few days speeds have dropped considerably, as if I'm saturating the network fully. I recently upgraded to a 1000/50Mbps capable plan (typical down ~350Mbps), and was getting down speeds of ~28MB/s and up of ~6MB/s which I was happy with. This is through VPN Unlimited, which I've been using for a while on one of their torrent capable servers. The other night, the connection seemed to stop for a few hours and restarting etc made no difference and then came back much slower onm it's own. Now I'm getting 1MB/s down and 1MB/s up consistently, despite healthy torrents, private tracker torrents and official ubuntu torrents which should all be quite fast normally. Adding more healthy torrents makes no difference as if saturated, the new ones run at 25kb/s.

Here's what I've tried so far, all of which haven't changed anything:

-Restart container

-Change protocol from wireguard to openVPN

-Change server to other torrent server

-Change to non-torrent server (failed)

-Changed VPN provider

I then speedtested within unraid using speedtest docker, ~400Mbps/40Mbps

I then speedtested within console as per SpaceInvader 1. With all torrents paused, 4Mbit/s down, 5.85Mbit/s up

With torrents running, I get about 0.1Mbit/s down, indicating the bandwidth is full

I then speedtested within console for binhex-deluge (nonVPN) and got 309 and 44.5Mbit/s

So it seems the connection is newly being throttled through the VPN, but it isn't specific to that VPN provider.

Any ideas what to do next?

1 hour ago, xMaverickx said:

So it seems the connection is newly being throttled through the VPN, but it isn't specific to that VPN provider.

sounds to me like ISP throttling in that case, try switching the port used to connect to the vpn, some providers have several ports you can connect on, if speeds suddenly jump then you know its isp related.

Hi!

I had problems with bhx-qBitVPN after restoring data due to file system corruption, and during discussions on the unRAID Discord a question occurred regarding permissions and ownership.

What is the ownership and permissions that bhx-qBitVPN is creating its files with?

In my setup right now, I'm not sure if it's the right one anymore since UFS Explorer could've changed something during the copy of the recovered files.

This is the ownerships and permissions bhx-qBitVPN now writes to folders for new torrents:

872504232_Skrmavbild2022-04-06kl_12_22_32.thumb.png.cba83e23bbdd00a4bb71953f9343be86.png

And this is the ownerships and permissions bhx-qBitVPN now writes to the files inside the first of those folders:

247012859_Skrmavbild2022-04-06kl_12_24_29.thumb.png.1c7ddf230d62328e8ca7aabdda1f5ca3.png

The discussion on Discord was if it's correct that the permissions for the folders are executable "drwxrwxrwx"?

I have been trying to get the binhex-qbittorrent docker running for the last few days but have failed.

The logs show no errors, if I run curl ifconfig.io it's showing an IP from my VPN provider. The last message in the log is that qbittorrent process is listening on port 8383 (8080 is reserved for sabnzbd). I have changed this in the advanced settings, verified that it's set in the config file, navigated to it manually, it's showing correctly in Unraid for the port mappings, etc.

No matter what I try, the WebUI will not pull up. I've tried in different browsers, incognito mode, etc. Any ideas?

20 minutes ago, Indi said:

I have been trying to get the binhex-qbittorrent docker running for the last few days but have failed.

The logs show no errors, if I run curl ifconfig.io it's showing an IP from my VPN provider. The last message in the log is that qbittorrent process is listening on port 8383 (8080 is reserved for sabnzbd). I have changed this in the advanced settings, verified that it's set in the config file, navigated to it manually, it's showing correctly in Unraid for the port mappings, etc.

No matter what I try, the WebUI will not pull up. I've tried in different browsers, incognito mode, etc. Any ideas?

Are you trying to connect from the same subnet?

3 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

And you set webUI to 8383, did you also create a new port 8383:8383?

This is what I have it set to currently, maybe I am missing something? The only ports I changed are where 8080 was referenced. I didn't touch anything else, that's all default. Also on Key 9: I have 8383 set for WEBUI_PORT

image.thumb.png.699892b6199750e8781d220c6a3e3479.png
image.thumb.png.ec2911db2f9b35eb339e5c4233152f84.png

34 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

On host port 3 click edit and be sure host port and container port are both set to 8383.

So that might be the issue...the container port shows 8080, but I can't edit this. Do you happen to know how I can modify that value? image.png.7c98f7b5ab75c5772b7d951a0e67a133.png

20 hours ago, binhex said:

sounds to me like ISP throttling in that case, try switching the port used to connect to the vpn, some providers have several ports you can connect on, if speeds suddenly jump then you know its isp related.

Do you mean the port in the wg0.conf file? I changed that and I couldn't get qbit to start. There was no error, but in the logs it referenced the old port number just before it hung.

3 hours ago, xMaverickx said:

Do you mean the port in the wg0.conf file?

yes, but you cant just change it, you need to see if your vpn provider has wireguard configs with different ports, if not then you are out of luck. The alternative is to try openvpn, you will need to download the openvpn config file from your vpn provider, follow the guide here if you get stuck:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/guides/vpn.md

• Like 1
On 4/4/2022 at 11:21 PM, T0rrelles said:

Hi,

I have installed qbittorrentvpn and to be able to load the URL of RSS files, I have also installed nginx, but when I create an rss channel and give it the path (http://IP:nginx_port/file_rss) of the file it does not load it. Do you know what I'm doing wrong or what I'm not doing? Thanks.

Solved

Thanks for the great docker package, much smoother to install than my previous setup - seperate qbittorent and vpn containers. Love the way it auto sets the port forward for qBittorrent.

I've installed on a debian docker vm and its working ok, but download speeds are very slow, as in 10k - 130k, this with "ISOs" thta have many seeders (10+), with my previous setup I was getting up to 4.5Mb/s

Could be just pia playing up, but I'm wondering if my config is the problem, do you see anything?

Host is a debian bullseye vm on Proxmox. Have tried with au-sydney, netherlands and toronto

Thanks!

version: '3.7'
services:
  qbittorrentvpn:
    image: binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn
    container_name: qbitvpn
    privileged: true
    volumes:
      - /root/appdata/qbittorrentvpn/config:/config
      - /mnt/plex:/mnt/plex
    environment:
      - PUID=998
      - PGID=998
      - TZ=Australia/Brisbane
      - VPN_ENABLED=yes
      - VPN_USER=p*********
      - VPN_PASS=**********
      - VPN_PROV=pia
      - VPN_CLIENT=wireguard
      - STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes
      - ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes
      - LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24
      - WEBUI_PORT=8080
    sysctls:
        - net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1
    ports:
      - "6881:6881"
      - "6881:6881/udp"
      - "8080:8080"
      - "8118:8118"
    restart: unless-stopped

1 hour ago, binhex said:

have a look at Q6 for some possible causes:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Wow! It was my upload rate, looks like I had it set too low (128k), I bumped it up to 16384k and my download speeds started peaking at 5MiB, which is as good as it gets for me :) I've have never encountered this before, something peculiar to arch qBitorrent?

Regardless, a happy camper now, thanks! Will send beer money :)

3 hours ago, Blackpaw said:

I've have never encountered this before, something peculiar to arch qBitorrent?

you shouldn't really need to change the ul rate that much, i have mine set at ul of 45 KB/s and i max my line out at times on dl at around 4MB/s, having said that bittorrent has always had a tit-for-tat system so you maybe rewarded with faster download rates by simply uploading faster - just ensure you dont max out your upload rate, otherwise this will start to negatively effect your download rate.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, binhex said:

you shouldn't really need to change the ul rate that much, i have mine set at ul of 45 KB/s and i max my line out at times on dl at around 4MB/s, having said that bittorrent has always had a tit-for-tat system so you maybe rewarded with faster download rates by simply uploading faster - just ensure you dont max out your upload rate, otherwise this will start to negatively effect your download rate.

It was odd, one thing I noticed was that in the status bar my download speed would show the upload quota in [] next to it and my download seemed to be capped at whatever I entered for the upload quota in settings.

Can't check it right now as I'm backing the VM up, but will test more in the morning and maybe try it with openvpn.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

Ummm... embarrassing, but please ignore everything I wrote, I appear to have been setting the download quota in qbt, not the upload quota. Total extended brain fart, I blame lack of sleep and work deadlines :(

Sorry for wasting your time, Getting 4-5Mb down now.

• Haha 1