[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

On 4/4/2022 at 4:21 PM, T0rrelles said:

Hi,

I have installed qbittorrentvpn and to be able to load the URL of RSS files, I have also installed nginx, but when I create an rss channel and give it the path (http://IP:nginx_port/file_rss) of the file it does not load it. Do you know what I'm doing wrong or what I'm not doing? Thanks.

Have you been able to get RSS feeds to load?  I just installed  this docker image and I've been searching for why RSS feeds are not loading.  I haven't done anything with nginx yet

I just recently updated the binhex qbittorrentvpn in my unraid box and my existing RSS feeds are not loading. Did something change for the refreshing of RSS feeds? I am able to manually load magnet/torrent links still and the VPN connectivity still appears to be functioning with no dns leaks.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, pho_king said:

I just recently updated the binhex qbittorrentvpn in my unraid box and my existing RSS feeds are not loading. Did something change for the refreshing of RSS feeds? I am able to manually load magnet/torrent links still and the VPN connectivity still appears to be functioning with no dns leaks.

11 minutes ago, ehrw said:

Same, looks to have stopped working with yesterday mornings docker update. At least for me. Tried a bunch of things without success.

looks like you are not alone:- https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/16916

if you simply want a fix then roll back to the previous version, see Q5 here for how to do it:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md

EDIT - for me last know working is 4.3.9 and im sticking on that version until all the bugs in the 4.4.x releases have been fixed, if you want a stable experience you may want to do the same.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, binhex said:

looks like you are not alone:- https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/16916

if you simply want a fix then roll back to the previous version, see Q5 here for how to do it:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md

EDIT - for me last know working is 4.3.9 and im sticking on that version until all the bugs in the 4.4.x releases have been fixed, if you want a stable experience you may want to do the same.

Thank you, i switched it to binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:4.3.9-2-01 and now my rss feeds are working again. Appreciate the help and all your apps that you work on Binhex!

• Thanks 1

Just a heads up.

After updating yesterday to qBittorrent v4.4.2 some of my config was reset / changed. From what I've noticed this affected at least speed limits and more importantly paths.

Default save path was changed to /config/qBittorrent/downloads and with automatic torrent management all downloaded files were moved to that location. Had a little heart attack when my shares showed up empty this morning.

Path for copies of .torrent files were also set to that location.

Other settings that I had definitely touched were still there, e.g. the "run external program on completion" was still there.

Luckily with automatic management it is also easy to move them back by changing the default path. It's just going to take a while to move terabytes of files around and re-check them in qBittorrent.

On 4/21/2022 at 3:25 AM, binhex said:

I found that 4.3.x versions were memory hogs in docker.  The move to 4.4.x reduced the memory usage down significantly.

I want to run the webui on port 8090 to avoid conflict with another app.

I have changed Host Port 3 to 8090

WebUI is set to: http://[IP]:[PORT:8090]/

When I run the container the log shows it is running:

2022-04-25 16:25:20,201 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] qBittorrent process listening on port 8090

However, when I try to open the webui I get: 192.168.0.103 refused to connect

I have disabled the vpn while I try to set the container up. I am obviously missing something very obvious, but can't work out what the problem is. Screenshot of the config. attached.

27 minutes ago, ianGB said:

I want to run the webui on port 8090 to avoid conflict with another app.

I have changed Host Port 3 to 8090

WebUI is set to: http://[IP]:[PORT:8090]/

When I run the container the log shows it is running:

2022-04-25 16:25:20,201 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] qBittorrent process listening on port 8090

However, when I try to open the webui I get: 192.168.0.103 refused to connect

I have disabled the vpn while I try to set the container up. I am obviously missing something very obvious, but can't work out what the problem is. Screenshot of the config. attached.

You also have to change the port on the WEBUI_PORT variable, delete the host port 3 port setting and create a new host port 3 setting so that webui_port is set to 8090 and container port 8090 is set to host port 8090.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, wgstarks said:

You also have to change the port on the WEBUI_PORT variable, delete the host port 3 port setting and create a new host port 3 setting so that webui_port is set to 8090 and container port 8090 is set to host port 8090.

Thank you that worked perfectly!

Everytime I restart my container all my active downloads reset to 0% and my completed downloads give "Missing files" message.

I've confirmed the files are present in the host location, but the container location is empty.
Force recheck doesn't help.

I have temp downloads folder enabled, so my finished downloads/default save location goes to /data/Downloads/Complete and my incomplete downloads goes to /data/Downloads/Incomplete.

I'm still new to Unraid so I might be missing something.

I did just add a cache drive, and the mover moved my appdata folder to it, unsure if that might be related though.
Any help appreciated!

Edited by Skikibobski

I'm running the latest version that does not allow "incomplete" file path, it resets to the default,

Do we know if this will be correcteD?

OR 

What version does this work in the unraid system?

I had my whole system set with deluge, but I get better results and speed with qbit. I had qbit on a VM running and finally made the switch to my server.

1 hour ago, CMGSV said:

I'm running the latest version that does not allow "incomplete" file path, it resets to the default,

Not sure what version you are running but I'm on 4.4.2 and not having any issues with my custom "incomplete" file path.

The qbit forum would probably be the best place for an answer to your question though. They'll have much more knowledge regarding app development and current issues.

7 hours ago, CMGSV said:

Do we know if this will be correcteD?

OR 

What version does this work in the unraid system?

I had my whole system set with deluge, but I get better results and speed with qbit. I had qbit on a VM running and finally made the switch to my server.

I've had this issue as well, best workaround is to change the path manually in qBittorrent.conf located in the config folder

You'll want to check

TempPath=/path/to/folder
TempPathEnabled=True
  • Like 1

I've been using this image for the last 6 months without any problems but now something has changed and I can't fix it.

I'm using binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:4.3.9-2-01 tag, running the container with my NordVPN account and was usually getting around 8MiB/s download speed.

I had container config directory mapped to appdata share on my cache drive, but last week this drive has died and I had to buy a new one. In the meantime I recreated appdata on my array from backups to keep my containers running. Everything was working fine except the fact that now I was getting total of 1.8MiB/s download speed. I thought that's because it's now running from HDD instead of SSD so it's slower.

Today I installed new cache drive and moved appdata but the problem is still occuring and download speed stays around 1.8MiB/s. I saw it go to 1.9-2.1 a few times so I don't think it's capped.

What I tried:

- checked if speed/rates are limited within the app

- restarted container

- installed qBittorrent (normal app, not dockerized) on my PC, connected to the same VPN provider with the same account and tried downloading ubuntu-22.04 iso. Got speeds ~15MiB/s so my ISP is not throttling the connection

- checked the same ubuntu torrent on my unraid but still got slow download 

- created new container with empty config from scratch but it didn't help either

- ran speedtest on my server to make sure it's using full link

Any ideas what else can I try to fix this?

Edit:

I also installed your binhex-rtorrentvpn and both clients are "stuck" at ~1.8MiB/s while downloading simultaneously. So I don't think that's the image fault

Edited by paululibro
1 hour ago, paululibro said:

Any ideas what else can I try to fix this?

I would probably try switching the vpn server that your connecting to. I’ve never used nordvpn but I know PIA sometimes has similar issues and switching to another endpoint will usually correct it.

45 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

I would probably try switching the vpn server that your connecting to

I tried 3 different servers including the one I checked on PC but it didn't change anything.

Then I realised that I only moved appdata, not the Docker vDisk file. But after moving it back to the cache, download speeds on both clients are even slower ~380KiB/s

Checked SSD speeds

Timing cached reads:   18452 MB in  1.99 seconds = 9260.07 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 1588 MB in  3.00 seconds = 528.79 MB/sec

and moved vDisk back to array: downloading is still at 380KiB/s

I'll have to create a new thread about this since it's not the image fault

Someone on the nordvpn subreddit suggested to swap my current openvpn tcp cert file with the udp one. Not only did it fixed my problem but now I’m getting over 10MiB/s download speed up to 16MiB/s. Still don’t know why my previous config stopped working but now it working better than ever.