[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

15 minutes ago, Dexm57 said:

I have the same issue and have followed the same troubleshooting steps. Unfortunately I cant get it to working. How did you install the older version?

You can install any tagged version by adding a colon and the tag number after the name in the repository field in docker configuration.

On 6/3/2022 at 8:09 PM, WenzelComputing said:

i gave up on waiting for an official fix. here is my unofficial fix: 

image.thumb.png.432810319bd7287c52cd99837df36a34.png

go back to 4.3.9 version.

new version is completely broken.

I tried this method but it did not work. I ended up having to switch to markusmcnugen/qbittorrentvpn container. I set the Network Type to Bridge and the LAN_NETWORK to 192.168.0.0/24. I had to make sure no other containers on my machine were using port 8080 or 8999, but other than that it worked like a charm.

24 minutes ago, interwebtech said:

using PIA/Openvpn. It appears to be running but I can't access webgui. Says it timed out. Log doesn't show any glaringly obvious errors. [redacted] supervisord.log attached.

New to this docker but not new to docker. Thanks for any help getting this up and running.

supervisord.log 79.87 kB · 1 download

whats the ip of the machine you are running the browser from?.

4 minutes ago, H3is3nb3rg said:

Ok, I got the webui to come up but for whatever reason the username and pass I put in is not accepted. I know it works because I am able to log in to PIA's website with it. I have cleared out cookies and history. Any ideas? Thank you

Just to confirm, your username starts with a p right?

You may need to contact PIA support regarding this issue. I had a similar issue a few years ago and they resolved it on their end.

7 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Just to confirm, your username starts with a p right?

You may need to contact PIA support regarding this issue. I had a similar issue a few years ago and they resolved it on their end.

Correct, starts with a "p" I will contact them, thank you for that.

2 hours ago, H3is3nb3rg said:

Ok, I got the webui to come up but for whatever reason the username and pass I put in is not accepted. I know it works because I am able to log in to PIA's website with it. I have cleared out cookies and history. Any ideas? Thank you

If you refer to the web page login for the docker webui, try admin/admin than change it.

On 6/4/2022 at 11:09 AM, WenzelComputing said:

i gave up on waiting for an official fix. here is my unofficial fix: 

image.thumb.png.432810319bd7287c52cd99837df36a34.png

go back to 4.3.9 version.

new version is completely broken.

Also was getting this issue when enabling vpn yes on the latest tag.  I loose all access to the gui.

Rolled back as per the previous posts has brought me back up and running.

Obviously not a full solution.

Found this is the Supervisord.log

image.png.1282ae40609613901f3067b7426b0662.png

Edit: Found that this still did not fix the issue as after I did a CA Backup and the container auto started again it was back to no gui and this error above.

Please help 

Edited by IronBeardKnight
1 hour ago, AgentXXL said:

@binhex Where do we find the change logs for each release of your container? After the fiasco for the 4.40 release I tend to wait a week or two to see if others are reporting any issues. It would be nice to know what's changed with each update.

the changes for me are a no-op, its the app that changes, sadly it looks like the dev's for qbittorrent have given up detailing what goes into each release, last changelog entry was jan 2022:- https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/blob/master/Changelog

im personally sticking on 4.3.9 for a while, it works well enough, but im sure it does have bugs too, slightly concerned by the 2,783 open issues though for qbittorrent 🙂

3 hours ago, binhex said:

the changes for me are a no-op, its the app that changes, sadly it looks like the dev's for qbittorrent have given up detailing what goes into each release, last changelog entry was jan 2022:- https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/blob/master/Changelog

im personally sticking on 4.3.9 for a while, it works well enough, but im sure it does have bugs too, slightly concerned by the 2,783 open issues though for qbittorrent 🙂

I also checked the qB github for info, but as you said, they haven't updated the changelog since Jan. There's some recent notes in the News section of their main website, the latest being on May 22, 2022 for the 4.4.3.1 release.

https://www.qbittorrent.org/news.php

There have been two, possibly 3 updates of your container since then. After the 4.4.0 issues,  I always pause all torrents and shutdown the container before any updates are applied. Then after restarting the container I check to make sure my settings are all OK. Since correcting the 4.4.0 issues, my settings have stayed and the VPN tunnel is still correctly set. Only then will I resume all torrents.

I'm having no issues with seeding or grabbing but my OCD just HATES seeing that there's an update available, with no idea of what the update is for. For example the last update came in yesterday, but hasn't been applied yet as I want to watch the various forums and sites I visit to see if others note any new (or old) issues.

The sheer number of open issues is certainly troubling, but for now I'll just continue to use it until something drastic happens that will make me want to switch to something else.

anyone know what might be going on? so i have qbit on docker setup with torguard threw the port forwarding threw tor and config file. download speeds are good when it downloads but 90% stuck on metadata and not finding peers. those same torrents added to the one running on desktop setup threw socks5 with no firewall settings find and dl in an instant. not sure if its related to vpn but just giving my setups. ive also tried setting up docker one threw sock5 and it found alot more but not all.