[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

20 hours ago, DanielPT said:

Is there any way to test that all the trafic is running though the VPN and not my normal IP ? :)

if you REALLY want to ensure this then the only way is packet analysis, so you are into using wireshark and capturing your traffic from your server and ensuring no torrent traffic is going out, this is exactly what i did when developing the docker image to ensure no leaks, its not for the faint hearted though so expect a steep learning curve. 

• Like 1

Hello to all,

I have been using qBittorrent for a while now and like it. So I would like to get it off my main water-cooled computer and run it on my unraid server. Is there an easy guide or video on how to set up binhex-qbittorrentvpn? I am very good at hardware building but get lost easily if there's coding to do.

Any help you can give would be great.

John

I'm trying to rollback to binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:4.4.5-2-02 (a tracker i use has been slow about whitelisting 4.5) but i have the fire logo with my current VPN (Windscribe) indicating it cannot connect. What am i doing wrong that my old qbit 4.4.5 won't connect anymore? I tried deleting the wg0 file in the wireguard folder and re-putting the .conf file downloaded from Windscribe into the wireguard appdata folder and relaunching qbit but it doesn't work. If i roll into the latest (i.e. binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn), then it works fine but then multiple torrents won't seed / download from this specific tracker 😕

Edited by Linguafoeda
On 12/7/2022 at 10:40 AM, binhex said:

if you REALLY want to ensure this then the only way is packet analysis, so you are into using wireshark and capturing your traffic from your server and ensuring no torrent traffic is going out, this is exactly what i did when developing the docker image to ensure no leaks, its not for the faint hearted though so expect a steep learning curve. 

Thanks for that :)

I have seen wireshark before that is alot of data :)

Im a little nervous about thees settings:

image.png.0e7e19984749389ff8d8f8795cdea6d8.png

Do you know if they should be enabled or disabled?

1 minute ago, hahler2 said:

What should the settings be?   If I enable the setting to remove the torrent after the seeding ratio hits 1.0 then I get error messages in sonarr.

In Sonarr you can ignore those messages by clicking test in the download client settings wait a moment and click save. Might have to select save twice if it shows a warning message. Same for Radarr if you use that.

Hello again! I use PIA for my VPN. I pay to have their dedicated IP service. Is there a way to configure qbitv to use that instead of just a random IP from PIA?

Also, does qbitv automatically update whatever the port is assigned with port forwarding? 

EDIT: I just read that it does work with port forwarding and PIA. So my only question is regarding dedicated IP's

Edited by Lonewolf147
Hello again! I use PIA for my VPN. I pay to have their dedicated IP service. Is there a way to configure qbitv to use that instead of just a random IP from PIA?

Also, does qbitv automatically update whatever the port is assigned with port forwarding? 
EDIT: I just read that it does work with port forwarding and PIA. So my only question is regarding dedicated IP's
No idea on dedicated IP, a question for pia, tell them you are not using their app, you are using openvpn/wireguard directly, I suspect they will say you have to use their app to assign a specific IP, in which case you are out of luck.

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tapatalk

• Like 1
On 12/8/2022 at 3:56 AM, Linguafoeda said:

I'm trying to rollback to binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:4.4.5-2-02 (a tracker i use has been slow about whitelisting 4.5) but i have the fire logo with my current VPN (Windscribe) indicating it cannot connect. What am i doing wrong that my old qbit 4.4.5 won't connect anymore? I tried deleting the wg0 file in the wireguard folder and re-putting the .conf file downloaded from Windscribe into the wireguard appdata folder and relaunching qbit but it doesn't work. If i roll into the latest (i.e. binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn), then it works fine but then multiple torrents won't seed / download from this specific tracker 😕

bump

5 hours ago, Linguafoeda said:

bump

sorry, i got no idea on this!, there is literally no code changes whatsoever from me between those versions so i dont know why port forwarding isnt working for you (assume thats what is meant by a 'fire logo'), does qbittorrent not show the green globe connected icon at the bottom?.

On 12/10/2022 at 12:44 PM, btrcp2000 said:

I have seen my problem posted and solved here many times, cant access webui of dockers that are being passed through qbittorrentvpn (which is working fine itself).  I have tried many many things I found here and the github faqs, but its just not sinking in although its been a few weeks and at this point my brain is probably just not seeing some little detail.   And I may have multiple fix attempts baked in at this point, so Im fine with starting over.

From the radarr container, i can ping google.com successfully if that means anything. Just no webui.  Supervisord logs for both radarr and qbittorrentvpon attached, let me know what else I need.  Thank you!!!!

supervisord.log 2.66 MB · 1 download supervisord.log 1021.26 kB · 1 download

Any thoughts here?  Am I missing info needed to diagnose?

45 minutes ago, gregzee said:

I can't seem to get the webgui to work. I have delugevpn working with nordvpn. But qBit isn't working at all. I see qbit is communcating out to google just fine, but when I hit the webgui, it doesn't see me making the attempt.

Any help on this?

Attach the contents of supervisord.log to your next post. Be sure that users/passwords are redacted.

19 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Attach the contents of supervisord.log to your next post. Be sure that users/passwords are redacted.

Thank you.. Posted!

Edit;
I went through my config and saw my webui gui was 8558 the same as my container port 8558. I thought that since they were both 8080 they should both be changed to the same, if you were to change off the great busy port of 8080.

After I kept the container port 8558 the same, and changed the webgui port back to default 8080, I was greeted with Unauthorized.... Nice. We are getting somwhere. Did some googling; and then found that we need to update the .conf file that I posted below; with 

WebUI\HostHeaderValidation=false

Now I can finally start playing around with it

My qBitorrent.conf is set up as; (pre fix)

[AutoRun]
enabled=false
program=

[BitTorrent]
Session\Port=9772
Session\QueueingSystemEnabled=false

[Meta]
MigrationVersion=4

[Network]
Cookies=@Invalid()

[Preferences]
Connection\PortRangeMin=6881
Connection\UPnP=false
General\Locale=en
General\UseRandomPort=false
WebUI\Address=*
WebUI\CSRFProtection=false
WebUI\LocalHostAuth=false
WebUI\Port=8558
WebUI\ServerDomains=*
WebUI\UseUPnP=false

Edited by gregzee
fixed will explain

This is an amazing container, and only recently did I hit a roadblock and am trying to see if I can get any help. 

I run this on cloudbox, using the latest image. Everything was fine and this morning I went to see why torrents were not kicking off, it showed "stalled" and a dns related issue. I am using wg mullvad. I restarted the container and I no longer oculd access the container ui. I kept the configs intact and re-ran ansible. To no avail. I can pull backups but really this puzzled me as seemingly nothing has changed with the image or my config or the configuration inside the container. 

I see wg show spits out the server and endpoint. This is working, when I try to curl from exec inside the container I timeout so thus connection related, nginx proxy is just showing me "connection refused". Nothing has been added or changed as far as settings and configs.

Unsure this is related. But its the only error coming out. 

egrep: warning: egrep is obsolescent; using grep -E

So things I've done

Restarted Container

Reran Ansible Script

Neither of these worked, I confirmed config and port in the container.

My general assumption is this maybe above the container and its a nginx related issue. However, nothing has changed and this is the only container giving me grief.