[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

7 minutes ago, Forty Two said:

Still no access to the UI. 

The browser says "This site can’t be reached"

Post the contents of supervisord.log in the appdata folder. Be sure to redact user/password. You should also change your user/password with your VPN provider since they were included in your docker run.

Edited by wgstarks
On 1/1/2023 at 7:13 AM, wgstarks said:

I have always been able to manually restore the correct download settings after the update. Haven’t had the issue with the most recent updates. Doesn’t mean that others haven’t had a Robles though. Current on 4.5.0.

Appreciate the response. Can you expand on what you did to manually restore? Did you just drop your old config back into appdata?

8 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Post the contents of supervisord.log in the appdata folder. Be sure to redact user/password. You should also change your user/password with your VPN provider since they were included in your docker run.

Thanks. I'll replace that pass. Slipped my mind when I posted the second time. I edited in a minute, but nevertheless. 

I've attached the file, since it's too long. I hope I edited all the passwords out of it. :D

supervisord.log

1 hour ago, Forty Two said:

Thanks. I'll replace that pass. Slipped my mind when I posted the second time. I edited in a minute, but nevertheless. 

I've attached the file, since it's too long. I hope I edited all the passwords out of it. :D

supervisord.log 893.57 kB · 1 download

Looks like qbit is running. I don’t see any errors. Perhaps someone else has some ideas. You are attempting to access from the same LAN that the docker is running on right?

13 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Looks like qbit is running. I don’t see any errors. Perhaps someone else has some ideas. You are attempting to access from the same LAN that the docker is running on right?

I've been accessing it through wireguard remotely. 

All other containers work as expected. 

1 hour ago, wgstarks said:

Maybe @binhex can confirm this but I believe to do that you’ll need to add the network that wireguard is using to LAN network in the docker configuration. Comma separated.

That was easy enough to verify, and it indeed solved the problem. 

For reference, the field LAN_NETWORK should state: IP networks, comma separated, without spaces.

THANKS!

Edited by Forty Two
On 1/2/2023 at 12:05 AM, davbay1 said:

Yep PIA. Same, works without proxy enabled but would prefer to have it working. 

I'm using AirVPN and have the same issue. I'm still on 4.3.9-2-01 and for few weeks on Unraid 6.11.5. Torrents load OK, only the traffic via the proxy doesn't work as it should.

Did you find any solution other than not using the proxy? @binhex, is this something you have heard before?

11 minutes ago, ptr78 said:

I'm using AirVPN and have the same issue. I'm still on 4.3.9-2-01 and for few weeks on Unraid 6.11.5. Torrents load OK, only the traffic via the proxy doesn't work as it should.

Did you find any solution other than not using the proxy? @binhex, is this something you have heard before?

have a look at NAME_SERVERS, lots of people have had issues with name resolution, link to comment on delugevpn support thread but its the same code as qbittorrentvpn:- 

for more detailed comment:- 

also mention of fixing privoxy by resetting config, so delete /config/privoxy and restart container.

• Thanks 1

Hi, I am having problems accessing the web ui as well.

I used to use binhex-delugevpn for a few years, but last month I couldn't access the web ui and decided to try binhex-qbittorrentvpn but I have the same web ui problems. What I am missing? I am not using unraid but ubuntu server.

I have attached my log files.

supervisord.log

28 minutes ago, subgr said:

Hi, I am having problems accessing the web ui as well.

I used to use binhex-delugevpn for a few years, but last month I couldn't access the web ui and decided to try binhex-qbittorrentvpn but I have the same web ui problems. What I am missing? I am not using unraid but ubuntu server.

I have attached my log files.

supervisord.log 31.63 kB · 2 downloads

You have changed the webui port from the default (8080), this means you must also change other docker configs-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/qbittorrentvpn.md

Scroll down to Q4.

Yes I did change it before I posted here, you can see my configuration bellow.

qbittorrent:
    restart: unless-stopped
    network_mode: bridge
    cap_add:
      - NET_ADMIN
    environment:
      - PUID=1000
      - PGID=1000
      - TZ=Europe/London
      - VPN_ENABLED=yes
      - VPN_USER=####
      - VPN_PASS=####
      - VPN_PROV=custom
      - VPN_CLIENT=openvpn
      - ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes
      - STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes
      - LAN_NETWORK=192.168.11.0/24,192.168.22.0/24,192.168.23.0/24
      - NAME_SERVERS=84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1
      - DEBUG=true
      # - VPN_INPUT_PORTS=1234
      # - VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS=5678
      - WEBUI_PORT=8116
      - UMASK=000
    container_name: qbittorrent
    ports:
      - 6881:6881
      - 6881:6881/udp
      - 8116:8116
      - 8118:8118
    volumes:
      - /sharedfolders/config/qbittorrent:/config
      - /sharedfolders/Downloads:/data
      - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
    image: binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:latest

On 12/25/2022 at 4:13 PM, btrcp2000 said:

First off, my apologies, I am still a novice when it comes to Unraid and docker. I have been consistently keeping this docker updated, but recently I updated UnRaid from 6.9.2 to 6.11, and since then my qbittorrent container has been borked. First, I am unable to consistently access the web gui, but every once in awhile it does connect, but then any downloads sit at stalled. If I reboot the container, most of the time I will get a "This site can't be reached" notification in my browser. As an aside, I am using PIA. I would greatly appreciate any assistance, as up to now, I have had no issues with this container. I am sure I will need to add some more specific information for any assistance, so please just let me know what I need to post. Thank you!

Hi, I'm having two issues with qBittorrentVPN 4.3.9-2-01.  I am running this version due to anything higher is causing partial freezing of Unraid/Docker Containers due to libtorrent 2.x.

1st Issue) I am having LOTS of 66 KiB log files.  Is there any way I can tell qBittorrentVPN, either through the container settings or in the qbit GUI, to use a specific size, and how many backups while rotating?

2nd Issue)  I seem to have a memory leak with qBittorrentVPN.  I am not seeing anything in the log file (debug is NOT on), but it slowly increases to about half of my RAM (approximately 128 GiB) before it drops back sown to about 10 GiB and slowly increases again.

Any assistance in these issues would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

DataLoeQ

Edited by DataLoreQ
14 minutes ago, DataLoreQ said:

Hi, I'm having two issues with qBittorrentVPN 4.3.9-2-01.  I am running this version due to anything higher is causing partial freezing of Unraid/Docker Containers due to libtorrent 2.x.

1st Issue) I am having LOTS of 66 KiB log files.  Is there any way I can tell qBittorrentVPN, either through the container settings or in the qbit GUI, to use a specific size, and how many backups while rotating?

2nd Issue)  I seem to have a memory leak with qBittorrentVPN.  I am not seeing anything in the log file (debug is NOT on), but it slowly increases to about half of my RAM (approximately 128 GiB) before it drops back sown to about 10 GiB and slowly increases again.

Any assistance in these issues would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

DataLoeQ

These issues seem to be with the qbit app rather than the docker container itself. I would suggest posting your questions on the Qbittorrent forum. I expect you’ll get many more experienced eyes on the post.

30 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

These issues seem to be with the qbit app rather than the docker container itself. I would suggest posting your questions on the Qbittorrent forum. I expect you’ll get many more experienced eyes on the post.

I can see that, but I didn't know if there was something special for the log file size that could be added to the docker container.

Never know!  LOL

Also, looks like the docker container is lying about how much RAM it is using, and Unraid says my docker containers are only using about 50 GiB, but qBittorrent Docker is reporting.

But thank you very much wgstarks!

-DataLoreQ

p.s.  Do love how much Ukraine is kicking Russian Behinds!  I hope they continue to do so!  And I feel for those that are under constant bombardment, have lost their homes, injured, or are currently under Russian occupation.  And also Russian's ILLEGAL annexation of Ukraine territory.  Of course, been getting most of my info through a few YouTube channels!  LOL

Edited by DataLoreQ
On 6/2/2022 at 2:24 PM, WenzelComputing said:

you are using the wrong location. need to make sure the file location is correct ie: /data/Torrents/Theme/themelocationhere

Follow this guide for themes: 

Signed up to say thank you for this. I was struggling and this video helped!

Figured out magnet links via the web ui, so posting if it might help others utilizing the forum search. They are tricky, even more so if you are using chrome (on Win 10, probably 11 too).

Magnet requires QBT running the web ui in HTTPS. To do this we need a self signed cert.
Pop open a console for this docker container, then make a new directory with `mkdir /config/qBittorrent/config/ssl` and enter it with `cd /config/qBittorrent/config/ssl`. Create a new self signed key with `openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -out server.crt -keyout server.key`. Enter whatever you want when it prompts; don't enter empty strings.

Next, fix the damn folder perms! `chown -R nobody:user /config/qBittorrent/config/ssl`. Otherwise the files/folder are owned by root:root and QBT will error later on. Enter the container, Option -> Web UI, then:

1. Check "Use HTTPS instead of HTTP"
  2. For Certificate, enter: /config/qBittorrent/config/ssl/server.crt
  3. For Key, enter: /config/qBittorrent/config/ssl/server.key

Restart the container, and use the HTTPS in the url. The browser might complain about an 'unsafe' website, click advanced and proceed anyway. If you see the UI, all is good.

Next we have to associate the magenet link. In the web ui, click Tools -> Register to handle magnet links. The browser should prompt something, accept it. If you're running firefox, that should be it - you can click a mag torrent link and it should work (there might be another browser prompt). I recommend you ctrl+click the mag link, so it opens it in another tab. If you're using chrome however... you will need to do the below.

https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/12605#issuecomment-1385058678

Like jzyinq said above, Firefox works just fine as of this posting. The issue is Chrome - but I have a work around for Windows. Using an old qbt v4.4.2, but I think this solution will work for the newer version as well.

Chrome is expecting the Windows OS system registry to have an entry for the magnet link, and when it doesn't find one, it fails out.

Run this registry script - be sure to modify the IP and port if needed (or replace them with a url).

;Associate magnet files with qBittorrent webui
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\magnet]
@="URL:magnet Protocol"
"URL Protocol"=""
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\magnet\shell]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\magnet\shell\open]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\magnet\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Chrome\\Application\\chrome.exe\" \"https://127.0.0.1:8080/#download=%1\""

After adding the above to your registry, navigate to chrome://settings/handlers and remove any existing entries for 'magnet'.

In the qBittorrent web UI, Tools -> Register to handle magnet links. And that's it! Magnet links should now work. 🙌

*Note*: This does not break Firefox functionality - ff magnets will still open in ff.

I'm assuming there is a similar work around on on mac/linux if you are using chrome. Annoying this doesn't work eaiser, and there is this much work involved. Hope this helps!

Edited by fat_flying_pigs
  • Thanks 1

Hi

I cant get web interface to working. Been struggle for hours...

I got this error:

egrep: warning: egrep is obsolescent; using grep -E

using privatevpn.

docker run
  -d
  --name='binhex-qbittorrentvpn'
  --net='bridge'
  --privileged=true
  -e TZ="Europe/Berlin"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="xxxx"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="binhex-qbittorrentvpn"
  -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes'
  -e 'VPN_USER'='xxxx'
  -e 'VPN_PASS'='xxxx'
  -e 'VPN_PROV'='custom'
  -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='openvpn'
  -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'=''
  -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes'
  -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='no'
  -e 'WEBUI_PORT'='8080'
  -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.80.0/24'
  -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1'
  -e 'VPN_INPUT_PORTS'='1234'
  -e 'VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS'='5678'
  -e 'DEBUG'='false'
  -e 'UMASK'='000'
  -e 'PUID'='99'
  -e 'PGID'='100'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:8080]/'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/binhex/docker-templates/master/binhex/images/qbittorrent-icon.png'
  -p '6881:6881/tcp'
  -p '6881:6881/udp'
  -p '8080:8080/tcp'
  -p '8118:8118/tcp'
  -v '/mnt/user/Downloads/':'/data':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn':'/config':'rw'
  --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn'

2023-01-17 16:30:20,520 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] qBittorrent process listening on port 8080

can anyone see any wrong settings?

Edit. It work when I use a pc on the same network. But normally I wireguard into my unraid server, and then it will not work.  what do I need to change ?

Edit: I got it working. 192.168.80.0/24,10.253.0.0/24 did the trick. So happy.

Edited by krosbym
On 1/6/2023 at 6:13 PM, binhex said:

have a look at NAME_SERVERS, lots of people have had issues with name resolution, link to comment on delugevpn support thread but its the same code as qbittorrentvpn:-

for more detailed comment:-

also mention of fixing privoxy by resetting config, so delete /config/privoxy and restart container.

On 1/6/2023 at 9:51 PM, ptr78 said:

This worked, thank you!!

Regarding DNS-definition found this from AirVPN Specs (https://airvpn.org/specs/ )

• VPN DNS addresses (private addresses, only reachable from inside the VPN): 10.4.0.1 / fde6:7a:7d20:4::1 - reachable from any virtual subnet
    However, we recommend that your machine accepts the DNS push from our servers. If that's not possible, then we suggest to set the DNS IP address matching the VPN gateway IP address, as this is the safest method to prevent certain attacks based on hijacking.

So, would it be possible to implement a feature which replaces an original DNS server definition in /etc/resolv.conf after the OpenVPN client has started successfully? That is, first using for example 1.1.1.1 when connecting to a VPN server and after the connection has been made successfully replace DNS server definitions with another definitions (here 10.4.0.1). Even better would be if the new DNS server definition could be dynamically set as  the ip address returned by getvpnextip.sh.

Edited by ptr78