[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

Anyone else having an issue with privoxy at the moment? My *arrs work fine if I disable proxy. I made no config changes, just noticed I couldn't add a movie today unless I disabled the proxy in Radar.

Edit: Deleted privoxy folder and changed NAME_SERVERS to just google and cloudflare IPs. Not sure which fixed it but all is good now.

Edited by ChadwickTheCrab
On 1/19/2023 at 2:48 AM, ChadwickTheCrab said:

Anyone else having an issue with privoxy at the moment? My *arrs work fine if I disable proxy. I made no config changes, just noticed I couldn't add a movie today unless I disabled the proxy in Radar.

Edit: Deleted privoxy folder and changed NAME_SERVERS to just google and cloudflare IPs. Not sure which fixed it but all is good now.

Yes, I noticed my prowlarr indexer not working.
But I've already removed the privoxy folder and changed the DNS in qbit docker. It worked like a couple of days, and now it's the same again...

On 1/17/2023 at 2:54 PM, fat_flying_pigs said:

Figured out magnet links via the web ui, so posting if it might help others utilizing the forum search. They are tricky, even more so if you are using chrome (on Win 10, probably 11 too).

Magnet requires QBT running the web ui in HTTPS. To do this we need a self signed cert.
Pop open a console for this docker container, then make a new directory with `mkdir /config/qBittorrent/config/ssl` and enter it with `cd /config/qBittorrent/config/ssl`. Create a new self signed key with `openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -out server.crt -keyout server.key`. Enter whatever you want when it prompts; don't enter empty strings.

Next, fix the damn folder perms! `chown -R nobody:user /config/qBittorrent/config/ssl`. Otherwise the files/folder are owned by root:root and QBT will error later on. Enter the container, Option -> Web UI, then:

1. Check "Use HTTPS instead of HTTP"
  2. For Certificate, enter: /config/qBittorrent/config/ssl/server.crt
  3. For Key, enter: /config/qBittorrent/config/ssl/server.key

Restart the container, and use the HTTPS in the url. The browser might complain about an 'unsafe' website, click advanced and proceed anyway. If you see the UI, all is good.

Next we have to associate the magenet link. In the web ui, click Tools -> Register to handle magnet links. The browser should prompt something, accept it. If you're running firefox, that should be it - you can click a mag torrent link and it should work (there might be another browser prompt). I recommend you ctrl+click the mag link, so it opens it in another tab. If you're using chrome however... you will need to do the below.

https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/12605#issuecomment-1385058678

I'm assuming there is a similar work around on on mac/linux if you are using chrome. Annoying this doesn't work eaiser, and there is this much work involved. Hope this helps!

Have to wonder if this could/should be built into container rather than something that has to be (with respect) bodged on?

having an issue with PIA:

DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token for wireguard from URL 'https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/gtoken/generateToken'

[info] 10 retries left [info] Retrying in 10 secs...

is this something you’ve seen already?

On 1/18/2023 at 8:48 PM, ChadwickTheCrab said:

Yep, switching nameservers from the default PIA ones to Cloudflare/Quad9 fixed Privoxy - thank you.  Unfortunately, I also have another issue.  Nearly 300 torrents are stuck in stalled status.  I'm not sure if this is a PIA issue or a Qbittorrent issue.

Just posting because I had been having an issue where where privoxy was very slow.  Didn't matter, I only used it to log into a site or two, and qbittorrent worked well.  That changed about 3 or 4 days ago, and I couldn't get entries the RSS feed working on this specific site that I log into with qbittorrent.  Turns out my list of dns resolvers had too many bad entries.  I switch to the cloudflare resolvers and suddenly everything is fast and the RSS works.

Go figure.

Hi,

Im really struggling to get Qbittorrent to work with PIA and Wireguard.

The webUI doesn't load at all.

I'm very new to PIA and wireguard but trying to learn. 

Everything should be set up. I've changed the webport to 8585 but then recreated an additional port following binhexs instructions. I've also added --privileged=true to the container.

I'm at a loss here.

I'd appreciate the help if possible

8 minutes ago, coldjim said:

Hi,

Im really struggling to get Qbittorrent to work with PIA and Wireguard.

The webUI doesn't load at all.

I'm very new to PIA and wireguard but trying to learn. 

Everything should be set up. I've changed the webport to 8585 but then recreated an additional port following binhexs instructions. I've also added --privileged=true to the container.

I'm at a loss here.

I'd appreciate the help if possible

Post the contents of supervisord.log and your docker run command. Be sure to redact users/passwords.

12 minutes ago, coldjim said:

yes it is, trying to do this all from home at the moment on the same lan

I’m probably missing something but I don’t see any issues. The logs look like the container is running. Maybe someone else has some ideas.

BTW the supervisord log contains your user/password. You should probably contact PIA and change them.

44 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

I’m probably missing something but I don’t see any issues. The logs look like the container is running. Maybe someone else has some ideas.

BTW the supervisord log contains your user/password. You should probably contact PIA and change them.

Ok thanks for looking.

I have deleted my post with supervisord log and changed the password now. Thanks for letting me know, didn't realise it was in there.

I will keep digging

3 minutes ago, coldjim said:

Ok thanks for looking.

I have deleted my post with supervisord log and changed the password now. Thanks for letting me know, didn't realise it was in there.

I will keep digging

After changing your user/password restart the docker and post a new redacted copy of the supervisord.log and docker run command for others to view.

do you guys have a list of supported vpn providers that work with this container? i was on pia for the last like 10years but i have keepsolid vpn unlimited as a secondary and want to give it a try till i find another vpn provider. i cant keepsolid to work after generating the ovpn file and entering the login info it generated. 

12 hours ago, droopie said:

do you guys have a list of supported vpn providers that work with this container? i was on pia for the last like 10years but i have keepsolid vpn unlimited as a secondary and want to give it a try till i find another vpn provider. i cant keepsolid to work after generating the ovpn file and entering the login info it generated. 

no list as this image should work with any vpn provider that can generate a valid openvpn and/or wireguard config file.

Edit: Fixed it. Booting and shutting down Windows again may have fixed what it messed up before.

Hey guys,

qbt has started throwing "errored" messages for newly added torrents. The log says

(W) 2023-02-05T10:59:18 - File error alert. Torrent: "XXX file_open (/data/incomplete/XXX.r15) error: Read-only file system"

On the host side, the permissions are set to read and write for all users.

Using portainer, I consoled into the container and ran "ls -l". The output is
l

root@915ddecbec34 /]# ls -l
total 236
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root      7 Nov  7 11:26 bin -> usr/bin
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root      6 Oct 18 23:01 boot
drwxrwxr-x   6 root root   4096 Nov 21 22:05 config
drwxrwxrwx   1 root root  77824 Feb  1 19:29 data
drwxr-xr-x  17 root root   5000 Feb  5 10:57 dev
drwxr-xr-x  44 root root   4096 Feb  5 10:58 etc
drwxr-xr-x   3 root root     20 Nov  7 11:38 home
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root      7 Nov  7 11:26 lib -> usr/lib
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root      7 Nov  7 11:26 lib64 -> usr/lib
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root      6 Oct 18 23:01 mnt
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root      6 Oct 18 23:01 opt
-rw-r--r--   1 root root   1949 Nov  1 14:56 pkglist.x86_64.txt
dr-xr-xr-x 398 root root      0 Feb  5 10:57 proc
drwxr-x---   3 root root    302 Feb  5 10:57 root
drwxr-xr-x  14 root root    207 Feb  5 10:58 run
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root      7 Nov  7 11:26 sbin -> usr/bin
drwxr-xr-x   4 root root     29 Nov  7 11:26 srv
-rw-r--r--   1 root root      2 Feb  5 10:57 supervisord.pid
dr-xr-xr-x  13 root root      0 Feb  5 10:57 sys
drwxrwxrwt   2 root root    278 Feb  5 10:58 tmp
drwxrwxrwx   1 root root 143360 Feb  6  2022 TORRENT_DATEIEN
drwxr-xr-x   8 root root    105 Nov 27 20:35 usr
drwxr-xr-x  13 root root    173 Nov  7 11:47 var
-rw-r--r--   1 root root     11 Nov  1 14:56 version
[root@915ddecbec34 /]# 

Shouldn't the incomplete folder be listed there?

I am not sure what caused all of this, but I suspect it was my dual boot Windows installation messing with the file system.

Any advice how to fix this?

Edited by TombRaider
fixed
13 hours ago, TombRaider said:

Edit: Fixed it. Booting and shutting down Windows again may have fixed what it messed up before.

Hey guys,

qbt has started throwing "errored" messages for newly added torrents. The log says

On the host side, the permissions are set to read and write for all users.

Using portainer, I consoled into the container and ran "ls -l". The output is
l

root@915ddecbec34 /]# ls -l
total 236
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root      7 Nov  7 11:26 bin -> usr/bin
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root      6 Oct 18 23:01 boot
drwxrwxr-x   6 root root   4096 Nov 21 22:05 config
drwxrwxrwx   1 root root  77824 Feb  1 19:29 data
drwxr-xr-x  17 root root   5000 Feb  5 10:57 dev
drwxr-xr-x  44 root root   4096 Feb  5 10:58 etc
drwxr-xr-x   3 root root     20 Nov  7 11:38 home
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root      7 Nov  7 11:26 lib -> usr/lib
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root      7 Nov  7 11:26 lib64 -> usr/lib
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root      6 Oct 18 23:01 mnt
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root      6 Oct 18 23:01 opt
-rw-r--r--   1 root root   1949 Nov  1 14:56 pkglist.x86_64.txt
dr-xr-xr-x 398 root root      0 Feb  5 10:57 proc
drwxr-x---   3 root root    302 Feb  5 10:57 root
drwxr-xr-x  14 root root    207 Feb  5 10:58 run
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root      7 Nov  7 11:26 sbin -> usr/bin
drwxr-xr-x   4 root root     29 Nov  7 11:26 srv
-rw-r--r--   1 root root      2 Feb  5 10:57 supervisord.pid
dr-xr-xr-x  13 root root      0 Feb  5 10:57 sys
drwxrwxrwt   2 root root    278 Feb  5 10:58 tmp
drwxrwxrwx   1 root root 143360 Feb  6  2022 TORRENT_DATEIEN
drwxr-xr-x   8 root root    105 Nov 27 20:35 usr
drwxr-xr-x  13 root root    173 Nov  7 11:47 var
-rw-r--r--   1 root root     11 Nov  1 14:56 version
[root@915ddecbec34 /]# 

Shouldn't the incomplete folder be listed there?

I am not sure what caused all of this, but I suspect it was my dual boot Windows installation messing with the file system.

Any advice how to fix this?

I'm getting the same error. what do you mean shutting down windows? are you not on unraid?

Hi,

I was wondering about the "NAME_SERVERS" docker variable.

Are this the DNS servers to use inside the container or the DNS to resolve to the VPN provider?

I'm asking because I have a rule on my router to redirect all dns queries to my P-hole.

Another question, getting these errors in my log:

2023-02-07 09:32:29,593 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
egrep: warning: egrep is obsolescent; using grep -E

2023-02-07 09:32:30,596 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

2023-02-07 09:32:30,599 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

Edited by Kopernikus
2 hours ago, Kopernikus said:

I was wondering about the "NAME_SERVERS" docker variable.

Are this the DNS servers to use inside the container or the DNS to resolve to the VPN provider?

I'm asking because I have a rule on my router to redirect all dns queries to my P-hole.

inside the container, they will not affect your host (unraid server).

2 hours ago, Kopernikus said:

Another question, getting these errors in my log:

they aren't errors, they are warnings and will be gone in the next build.