[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

6 hours ago, binhex said:

i wasnt aware these options (there are quite a few not just this one!) were removed from openvpn config until the update dropped, its impossible to test all configuration options.

yeah its in no way criticism directed at you. Just rlly a reminder to my self to test new images before upgrading :)

48 minutes ago, Elmojo said:

My first SS showed mnt/user/downloads!  You're killin' me Smalls!  😆 

I have no idea what it should be set to.  Check the screenshots I edited into the post a couple back.  They show that my mnt/user/downloads location is directly available to the container.  I think I'm misunderstanding how this all works, since by your description I didn't think I should be able to see that location.   I still have no idea how or what the /data/ path is, since I didn't create it, and can't find any such path anywhere on my system.

Your last reply about how container and host paths are separate does help some, thanks.

I’m posting a couple of screenshots of my system. Maybe they’ll help.

DA8A8F39-9455-461E-812D-B5EB0DC0B567.thumb.png.986bb5e8d3694a5e8e800e5711020dca.png

C481DBF0-E0C2-45D1-B140-DA8B8DC42EBE.thumb.png.e74b7df8a67ab7b85bd0a8042089749e.png

In the first screenshot you see my host path 2. The host path is a little different from yours because I used a different name for the share but basically the same.

The 2nd screenshot shows my download settings in the app. All go to /data (container path) which is linked to /mnt/user/qbit/ (host path on unRAID).

As long as this path is exactly the same in qbit Radarr and Sonarr they will all work properly together without any port mappings.

Sorry for the delay, got called away for work.

Thanks for the screenshots!

So I'm confused... no big surprise.

All along, you guys have been saying that I can't use mnt/user/downloads as my download target, because the container can't see that location. However, in the screenshot above, that seems to be exactly what you're doing, except that instead of "downloads", you're calling it "qbit". What's the difference? I don't see what I'm missing...

I've edited my qBT settings to be /data/downloads and /data/downloads/temp, but i don't know what those correspond to, since they don't appear to be mapped to anywhere on the host.

23 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

For the app inside the container I’m not using /mnt/user/* I’m using /data/downloads (2nd screenshot). The app inside the container only sees the container path which is /data.

Ok, so how does the app get mapped to the 'outside' location, which in your case is the mnt/user/* path?  There has to be some translation there, and I'm not seeing how it happens.  That seems to be the step everyone skips, and I think maybe it's where this is all failing...maybe.

Somehow, qBT has got to be able to access my mnt/user/downloads path, since that's where all the files should be saved, and where both Sonarr and Radarr are looking for new files, or at least they were until recently.

I'm trying to figure out what one little thing changed that broke this whole house of cards.  It was all working so well, that I didn't think to document every little step.  I never thought I'd have to rebuild it all after a simple update.  My fault. :/

I'm sorry if I sound frustrated. It's because I am. Very.   I truly appreciate your patience and help.  I know this is all probably really obvious and simple to you guys who have been doing it a while, but for me it's like trying to do math in the dark with a broken pencil and no calculator. lol

17 minutes ago, Elmojo said:

Ok, so how does the app get mapped to the 'outside' location,

Yo configure that in the docker configuration (host path 2). When you set the app to use /data this path is linked to /mnt/user/whatever on the host. Any files downloaded to the /data container path will be in /mnt/user/whatever host path. The app can only see the container path though.

5 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Yo configure that in the docker configuration (host path 2). When you set the app to use /data this path is linked to /mnt/user/whatever on the host

Like this?  This is how it's been all along. Not sure why it's not working, then. :/

EDIT: What really baffles me is why i can't seem to get any sort of additional info about the actual error.  Sonarr just says "there's a problem with qBT".  When I try to turn up the logging to trace, nothing happens. Literally nothing.  When I open the log for qBT, it looks like everything is fine. I don't see any errors, but I also don't see it really reporting any traffic or anything either, so maybe that not the right place to look?

cap007.jpg

Edited by Elmojo
11 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

But what do you have set for a download location in the app? That’s where the problem was originally.

I set it to the values in the screenshot after you posted your images.  Nothing has changed, it's still broken.

Those may not be the correct path values, but if not, I wouldn't know what to put there.

cap006.jpg

6 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Did you remove the path mappings from Radarr/Sonarr. Also, what do you have set for /data in those docker configurations?

I did.

Radarr and Sonarr don't have a "/data" field, so I'm not sure which host path you mean, sorry.  Like I said, I'm a bit slow... lol

I hate to keep harping on this, but all of this was working perfectly just as you see it until recently, so it can't have been messed up too badly.  I know it probably wasn't set up the most cleanly, but it was functional. :)

cap008.jpg

cap009.jpg

Edited by Elmojo
screenshots
8 minutes ago, Elmojo said:

Radarr and Sonarr don't have a "/data" field,

At a guess you’re using the linuxserver dockers and they have /downloads preset for the container path. Edit the path and change both the container path and the host path so that they both exactly match what you have for host path 2 in qbit docker.

If my guess is wrong and you have some other version of the Radarr/Sonarr dockers post your docker run command.

17 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

At a guess you’re using the linuxserver dockers and they have /downloads preset

I am and they do. :)

Ok, I've changed both Sonarr and Radarr to match as you suggested.

Now what...?  I've run a refresh on my Sonarr queue, and forced a recheck on everything in qBT. I don't see any change...

Edited by Elmojo
added details.

2 hours ago, questionbot said:

came to post my logs and read the posts after my last one.. seems I to had the openvpn config file problem... I edited the file and removed the "keysize" line and now it is working..

Thanks for the help and the awesome dockers for unraid!

Um... I have applied the fix and the qBitTorrent thing is working.. but I seem to have run into a issue.

Basically when I removed the "tag" to the old version and hit apply the little unraid after the server applied the patch and stuiff the little unraid logo wobble thing denoting rebuilding of the linked containers never went away. After ages I decided to stop and docker engine and restart it... but now while qbittorrent is working fine.. the dockers that are sharing it's vpn are not... well two of them anyway.

I run

• binhex.QbitTorrentVPN
    • binhex-radarr
    • binhex-sonarr
    • linuxserver-nzbget

The strange thing is that sonarr is working .. but the other two will not connect to the web interface?

EDIT : I have attached

• SuperVisord.log (from qbittotrrent with BETA == true)

(For now I have again reverted to tag:4.5.0-1-01 and everything is working, and still suing edited openvpn file)

supervisord.log

Edited by questionbot

How can i access the qbittorrent webui when connected to the unraid server through wireguard plugin?

Everything works fine when iam on the local network.

And every other docker webui i have is working fine when iam connected through wireguard. 

Its only qbittorrent docker that dont work so trying to figure out what settings to change.

I have 

Host access to custom networks: Enabled on docker

The wireguard tunnel is set to Local server uses NAT: NO and Remote tunnel access

I did a static route on the router from the wireguard sub pool 10.253.0.0 to the unraid server local ip

i have radarr,sonarr,qbittorrent in the same custom network and radarr and sonarr webui is working fine but not qbittorrent.

What am i missing ?

Nvm, figured it out.

Added my wireguard subnetwork to the docker parameter LAN_NETWORK

dont know if this is the way to go but it worked.

Edited by gambler3k

So I added a new series in Sonarr to test, and it successfully downloaded and imported the show - yay! :D
Thanks for the help in getting me back up and running.

However, now I'm left will a queue full of stalled/errored torrents, a bunch of shows that have missing episodes, and junk on my drive(s) I assume.  What's my best path forward for cleaning all this up and getting these shows to download the missing files?  Is it as easy as deleting everything from the qBT side, and letting Sonarr sort itself out?  I feel like that's a bad idea, and will cause issues.  Please advise.

Also, once the above is cleaned up, what's the safest way to find and clean up all the partial mess that's hanging out in the temp folders on my drive?  From hunting around, I see there are downloaded files here and there that never got imported. I'd like to move them manually where they go, but doubt Sonarr would find them. Is it best to just dump them and let them re-download?

5 hours ago, Elmojo said:

However, now I'm left will a queue full of stalled/errored torrents, a bunch of shows that have missing episodes, and junk on my drive(s) I assume.  What's my best path forward for cleaning all this up and getting these shows to download the missing files?

I would try just letting them sit for a day or so to see if they resume. Since you have changed your download location it's likely that qbit is in the process of moving partly downloaded torrents to the new location. That could take a while depending on the number of files and qbit doesn't really make it obvious what is happening under the hood. If you wait a day or so and nothing has changed and you want to just delete and start over you can do that from the sonarr/radarr activity queue.

5 hours ago, Elmojo said:

Also, once the above is cleaned up, what's the safest way to find and clean up all the partial mess that's hanging out in the temp folders on my drive?  From hunting around, I see there are downloaded files here and there that never got imported. I'd like to move them manually where they go, but doubt Sonarr would find them.

I would try a manual import from the sonarr activity queue. If you click the manual import icon you should now be able to navigate to the proper video file and select it for import. Follow the prompts to identify what show, season and episode it is. Then wait a few while sonarr imports it.

After you think everything is pretty well resolved, go into the qbit download folder either using a file browser or by sharing it over smb and accessing from another computer. Check for any empty directories or bits and pieces that aren't showing in the qbit app and didn't get deleted. Be very careful regarding what you delete though. You don't want to delete files that are seeding or still downloading.

30 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

I would try just letting them sit for a day or so to see if they resume....

I would try a manual import from the sonarr activity queue. If you click the manual import icon you should now be able to navigate to the proper video file and select it for import...

Okay, I'll let it sit and see if it sorts itself out, thanks.

I've tried manual importing, and it just tells me there's no file in that folder to import.  There's no option to browse.

By the way, now that we've changed the paths to the /data/ scheme, things have gone a bit wonky on the host side.

It's nesting the folders for some reason. My download folder (where it's actually dumping completed files) for qBT is now /user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/downloads/data/downloads/.

There are also "/data/finished" and "data/incomplete" folders in the root of the user/appdata folder, which I presume were created by Radarr, since there aren't any files inside either of those folders.  it's really a mess.  I don't know how to clean this up.  :/

56 minutes ago, Elmojo said:

It's nesting the folders for some reason. My download folder (where it's actually dumping completed files) for qBT is now /user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/downloads/data/downloads/.

There are also "/data/finished" and "data/incomplete" folders in the root of the user/appdata folder, which I presume were created by Radarr, since there aren't any files inside either of those folders.  it's really a mess.  I don't know how to clean this up. 

It's possible that radarr is causing all of this. Check the docker configuration for radarr (and maybe even sonarr) and see if you see that path anywhere.

Yeah, my qBT config file looks like the example you posted.
I'm not sure that it's Radarr causing it, since I'm pretty sure I saw the funky nested folders popping up before I edited the paths in Radarr.  I might be wrong about that, but I don't think so.  Also, I believe I see the folders where Radarr is dropping stuff, and it's not those, it's elsewhere.