[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

Got everything working.... again, witht ther latest update. Thanks for all the help.

Screwing about in the dockers of the server for the first time in ages made me try a few new ones... I was wondering, if anyone has a up-to-date tutorial on how to use this docker as the internet for other dockers so I can share the VPN? I have it set up with some others from years ago, but I can not remember exactly what I did.

6 hours ago, wgstarks said:

If I change /data to /qBittorrent (app default) in all the appropriate containers will this container still work?

yep, there is nothing special about /data whatsoever, it could be called /mickymouse, as long as its consistent across all containers then thats fine.

The app has a tendency to reset download locations to default at random times

how odd!, i am using this docker image myself and im not seeing this issue, the only reset i saw was when going from one major version to another, i cant remember the version numbers, but after that its been consistently good, are you sure whatever /data is targetting is not dropping in and out causing qbittorrent to revert to default location?.

when it does it starts downloading to /qBittorrent until it fills all the ram and my server crashes

not really sure how writing to a non existent location would fill ram on the server, at worst it would fill your docker image causing all docker containers to become unstable, it should not affect ram.

On 2/22/2023 at 12:10 PM, methanoid said:

curl -v 172.18.0.13:6881
* Rebuilt URL to: 172.18.0.13:6881/
*   Trying 172.18.0.13...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* connect to 172.18.0.13 port 6881 failed: Connection refused
* Failed to connect to 172.18.0.13 port 6881: Connection refused
* Closing connection 0
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 172.18.0.13 port 6881: Connection refused

and

curl -v 172.17.0.14:6881
* Rebuilt URL to: 172.17.0.14:6881/
*   Trying 172.17.0.14...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* connect to 172.17.0.14 port 6881 failed: Connection refused
* Failed to connect to 172.17.0.14 port 6881: Connection refused
* Closing connection 0
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 172.17.0.14 port 6881: Connection refused

@binhex  any ideas what this tells me (I tried with http:// prefix and https:// and no prefix)

28 minutes ago, methanoid said:

@binhex  any ideas what this tells me (I tried with http:// prefix and https:// and no prefix)

are you sure you have your container set to a fixed ip?, if you are specifying bridge then the ip you are using to curl to should be your host ip not the container ip.

so try http://localhost:<port for qbittorrent webui> via ssh on the machine running docker.

22 minutes ago, binhex said:

are you sure you have your container set to a fixed ip?, if you are specifying bridge then the ip you are using to curl to should be your host ip not the container ip.

so try http://localhost:<port for qbittorrent webui> via ssh on the machine running docker.

curl -v https://localhost:8998

* Rebuilt URL to: https://localhost:8998/
*   Trying ::1...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* connect to ::1 port 8998 failed: Connection refused
*   Trying 127.0.0.1...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* connect to 127.0.0.1 port 8998 failed: Connection refused
* Failed to connect to localhost port 8998: Connection refused
* Closing connection 0
curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 8998: Connection refused

Same with http also...  (I have Google auth on all containers and Traefik doing proxy if that could be the issue) ??

14 minutes ago, methanoid said:

Same with http also...  (I have Google auth on all containers and Traefik doing proxy if that could be the issue) ??

it could, yes!, also what port is the webui actually running on? you seem to be flip flopping ports here:-

1 hour ago, methanoid said:

curl -v 172.18.0.13:6881

15 minutes ago, methanoid said:

is it 6881 or is it 8998? just ensure you arent tripping youself up here.

5 minutes ago, binhex said:

it could, yes!, also what port is the webui actually running on? you seem to be flip flopping ports here:-

is it 6881 or is it 8998? just ensure you arent tripping youself up here.

Sorry, IDK. It was all installed by Plexguide/PTS scripts and its always showed 3 ports for Qbittorrentvpn (6881,8098,8118) as per the YML I posted earlier.  I'm GUESSING its down to the Traefik not opening the ports to the world? IDK, I didnt change anything but Qbittorrent suddenly stopped responding so I guess it was the update that triggered whatever broke

1 hour ago, methanoid said:

Sorry, IDK. It was all installed by Plexguide/PTS scripts and its always showed 3 ports for Qbittorrentvpn (6881,8098,8118) as per the YML I posted earlier.  I'm GUESSING its down to the Traefik not opening the ports to the world? IDK, I didnt change anything but Qbittorrent suddenly stopped responding so I guess it was the update that triggered whatever broke

@binhex   well I solved the problem. Any version newer than binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:4.4.5-1-01 (6 months old) will not work for me. I made sure I had new OVPN files from Privado (my VPN provider).    So I am working now but no idea why I cannot run latest versions

That old version of Qbit also comes with the `host not found (non-authoritative) try again later` error on the tracker which requires running 
echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" > /etc/resolv.conf
within the docker to get everything working. 

Edited by methanoid
more info

Hi, I've recently encountered an issue with Qbittorrentvpn whereby port-forwarding isn't working.

Setting strict port forwarding to 'yes' causes a loop of:

2023-02-25 00:32:18,202 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/gtoken/generateToken'
[info] 10 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

Until the docker gives up and restarts the whole thing. I've been using this docker for quite a while and have never had this issue. I've downloaded and tried new OVPN files but have no luck (all from the port-forward list). Further googling and trying previous fixes from Github haven't worked either. Attached is my supervisord.log file (VPN Pass removed of course).

Any help is appreciated, Xen

supervisord.log

15 hours ago, binhex said:

The app has a tendency to reset download locations to default at random times

This is exactly what happened to me, causing all my headaches a page or so back.  I'm scared to update now, for fear that something will reset back to defaults and I'll be borked again. :/

This is exactly what happened to me, causing all my headaches a page or so back.  I'm scared to update now, for fear that something will reset back to defaults and I'll be borked again.
Like I mentioned, this only happened once for me during major bump in qbittorent version, subsequent updates have not triggered the same issue, at least not for me it hasn't,

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tapatalk

How can I make other dockers use this docker's vpn... not privoxy, that dose not seem to work with the docker I am trying... but there was another way with a command line like..

--net=container:binhex-qbittorrentvpn

This dose not seem to work on the docker I am trying... binhex-hexchat

Any ideas?

Edited by questionbot

Not sure why but for some reason I can no longer set torrents to be deleted after a set seed time. The setting to remove torrent and its files is in the dropdown but if I set it and save it will revert to "pause torrent". I don't even see anything that seems to be the associated setting in the config file.

[AutoRun]
OnTorrentAdded\Enabled=false
OnTorrentAdded\Program=
enabled=false
program=

[BitTorrent]
Session\DefaultSavePath=/data/downloads
Session\DisableAutoTMMByDefault=true
Session\ExcludedFileNames=
Session\GlobalMaxRatio=-1
Session\GlobalMaxSeedingMinutes=60480
Session\MaxRatioAction=3
Session\Port=48780
Session\QueueingSystemEnabled=false
Session\TempPath=/data/incomplete
Session\TempPathEnabled=true
Session\TorrentExportDirectory=/data/torrents

[Core]
AutoDeleteAddedTorrentFile=Never

[Meta]
MigrationVersion=4

[Network]
Proxy\OnlyForTorrents=false

[Preferences]
Advanced\RecheckOnCompletion=false
Advanced\trackerPort=9000
Advanced\trackerPortForwarding=false
Connection\ResolvePeerCountries=true
DynDNS\DomainName=changeme.dyndns.org
DynDNS\Enabled=false
DynDNS\Password=
DynDNS\Service=DynDNS
DynDNS\Username=
General\Locale=en
MailNotification\email=**********************
MailNotification\enabled=true
MailNotification\password=********************
MailNotification\req_auth=true
MailNotification\req_ssl=true
MailNotification\sender=**********************
MailNotification\smtp_server=smtp.gmail.com
MailNotification\username=********************************
WebUI\Address=*
WebUI\AlternativeUIEnabled=false
WebUI\AuthSubnetWhitelist=@Invalid()
WebUI\AuthSubnetWhitelistEnabled=false
WebUI\BanDuration=3600
WebUI\CSRFProtection=true
WebUI\ClickjackingProtection=true
WebUI\CustomHTTPHeaders=
WebUI\CustomHTTPHeadersEnabled=false
WebUI\HTTPS\CertificatePath=
WebUI\HTTPS\Enabled=false
WebUI\HTTPS\KeyPath=
WebUI\HostHeaderValidation=true
WebUI\LocalHostAuth=false
WebUI\MaxAuthenticationFailCount=5
WebUI\Port=8088
WebUI\ReverseProxySupportEnabled=false
WebUI\RootFolder=
WebUI\SecureCookie=true
WebUI\ServerDomains=*
WebUI\SessionTimeout=3600
WebUI\TrustedReverseProxiesList=
WebUI\UseUPnP=true
WebUI\Username=admin

[RSS]
AutoDownloader\DownloadRepacks=true
AutoDownloader\SmartEpisodeFilter=s(\\d+)e(\\d+), (\\d+)x(\\d+), "(\\d{4}[.\\-]\\d{1,2}[.\\-]\\d{1,2})", "(\\d{1,2}[.\\-]\\d{1,2}[.\\-]\\d{4})"

Edited by wgstarks
On 2/24/2023 at 7:42 PM, Xenborg said:

Hi, I've recently encountered an issue with Qbittorrentvpn whereby port-forwarding isn't working.

Setting strict port forwarding to 'yes' causes a loop of:

2023-02-25 00:32:18,202 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/gtoken/generateToken'
[info] 10 retries left

Until the docker gives up and restarts the whole thing. I've been using this docker for quite a while and have never had this issue. I've downloaded and tried new OVPN files but have no luck (all from the port-forward list). Further googling and trying previous fixes from Github haven't worked either. Attached is my supervisord.log file (VPN Pass removed of course).

Any help is appreciated, Xen

supervisord.log 102.96 kB · 1 download

I'm also on PIA, but I'm using Wireguard and getting a similar error loop:

2023-02-27 14:31:51,587 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 1, column 10

2023-02-27 14:31:51,588 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token for wireguard from URL 'https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/gtoken/generateToken'
[info] 12 retries left

EDIT: Attached my log

supervisord.log

Edited by dabears

Hi, I'm sure the answer to this question has been posted but I'm having trouble finding it. I just set up qbittorrentvpn with Mullvad wireguard. It seems to be connecting fine according to the console but I can't get the webui to run when the vpn is turned on. If I disable the setting the webui works fine, but if I enable it I can't get the ui, even on my local network.

I think I put the right ip ranges in LAN_NETWORK, but I'm not totally sure. Any help would be appreciated!

syslog.log

Edited by Hexfield
On 2/23/2023 at 1:03 AM, binhex said:

sadly, no

this is not currently implemented, i have thought about this in the past but its non trivial to do in code.

if you want resilience then openvpn is still the king here, you can specify multiple 'remote' endpoints in a single ovpn file.

thank you for taking the time to reply :)

i played around with gluetun the other day, and it does allow you to feed it a list of mullvad endpoints (you can even punch in preferred countries, or cities) and upon each container startup, it will pick a random one from that list!

16 minutes ago, Hexfield said:

Hi, I'm sure the answer to this question has been posted but I'm having trouble finding it. I just set up qbittorrentvpn with Mullvad wireguard. It seems to be connecting fine according to the console but I can't get the webui to run when the vpn is turned on. If I disable the setting the webui works fine, but if I enable it I can't get the ui, even on my local network.

I think I put the right ip ranges in LAN_NETWORK, but I'm not totally sure. Any help would be appreciated!

syslog.log 247.45 kB · 1 download

Attach the contents of supervisord.log (in the appdata folder) to your next post as well as your docker run command. Be sure to redact users/passwords in both.

@binhex, FYI

Trying to explicitly specify

Repository        binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:1.31.1.6733-1-01

fails with

Unable to find image 'binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:1.31.1.6733-1-01' locally
  docker: Error response from daemon: manifest for binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:1.31.1.6733-1-01 not found: manifest unknown:

manifest unknown.

Building with :latest works fine, which assume pulls the same version.