[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

Been chasing an error code for about a week now, it started completely randomly. Tried changing my vpn config and reinstalling, anything I could think of. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated. I am currently using CyberGhostVPN through OpenVPN

2023-05-09 19:48:02,283 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2023-05-09 19:48:02 us=283200 Recursive routing detected, drop tun packet to [AF_INET]123.456.789:443

Edited by Jackt1
Needed to add adittional info
On 5/10/2023 at 10:17 AM, vast said:

I was also wondering where can I find the ENDPOINT variable, for the PIA Wireguard config generator, in which config file? I would love to change it to Switzerland instead of the Netherlands.

its defined in the file /config/wireguard/wg0.conf

5 hours ago, binhex said:

its defined in the file /config/wireguard/wg0.conf

Oh okay, I think I understood this incorrectly then. The ENDPOINT requires an IP from the vpn provider, not a written string like "Switzerland" or "Netherlands". I just thought since there is a generator that operates that way for PIA, it would be the same here. That should also explain as to why the generator did not work when running it the first time with my PIA credentials.

16 hours ago, vast said:

That should also explain as to why the generator did not work when running it the first time with my PIA credentials.

you dont need to use the pia wireguard generator at all, i do all the hard work for you, all you need to do if you wish to switch endpoint is change the 'Endpoint' entry in the file /config/wireguard/wg0.conf, if you have edited this file or replaced it with a generated version then i would recommend deleting the file and restarting the container to get you back to a working state, then edit the file  /config/wireguard/wg0.conf and change the line ENDPOINT to be the endpoint you want to connect to, e.g.:-

Endpoint = slovenia.privacy.network:1337

16 hours ago, vast said:

The ENDPOINT requires an IP from the vpn provider, not a written string like "Switzerland" or "Netherlands"

not true, you can use either, the recommendation is always hostname, servers get shutdown all the time and if you tie yourself to an particular server (specify ip) then sooner or later you are in for a bad time.

• Like 1

Hi folks.  I'm having a problem where nothing displays in the panes below the menu bar - even if I click on menu bar items, the list does not display into that area.  It's been fine on my home network, but the problem occurs when outside my network.  I'm away from home and can't check the version I'm on, but it auto updates weekly.  I also use SWAG with my own domain at Cloudfare.  I have other containers going through SWAG/Cloudflare without issue.  I also use NZB360 and can verify there are a couple dozen active torrents.

Anyone seen this or know of a fix?

Capture.thumb.PNG.36a197d918439741c54b54948896dae1.PNG

On 5/12/2023 at 1:22 AM, binhex said:

not true, you can use either, the recommendation is always hostname, servers get shutdown all the time and if you tie yourself to an particular server (specify ip) then sooner or later you are in for a bad time.

This just solved a problem I've been having periodically.  I was experiencing the 'bad time' from using an IP.

thanks

• Like 1

Hope someone can help me with this, I'm at my wits end...

I had originally installed Qbit with no issues, and was able to access the WebUI no problem.

Another container, Unifi, wouldn't run properly without using the 8080 port, so I had to change the port in Qbit.

I changed it to 8081 by deleting the Host Port 3, adding the new one with 8081:8081, changed the WebUI Port Key (Key 9) to 8081, and clicked on advance and changed the webui to http://[IP]:[PORT:8081]/.

As far as I've read everywhere those are the only things that need changing, the docker logs don't indicate any issues and show "QbiTorrent process listening on port 8081" as the last entry.

Log attached, user/pass removed.

Thanks in advance

supervisord.log

11 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Post your docker run command with user/password redacted.

I think this is what you want, let me know if not:

Stopping container: binhex-qbittorrentvpn

Successfully stopped container 'binhex-qbittorrentvpn'

Removing container: binhex-qbittorrentvpn

Successfully removed container 'binhex-qbittorrentvpn'

Command executiondocker run
  -d
  --name='binhex-qbittorrentvp'
  --net='arrnet'
  --privileged=true
  -e TZ="America/New_York"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Tower"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="binhex-qbittorrentvp"
  -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes'
  -e 'VPN_USER'='xx'
  -e 'VPN_PASS'='xx'
  -e 'VPN_PROV'='pia'
  -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='openvpn'
  -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'=''
  -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes'
  -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='no'
  -e 'WEBUI_PORT'='8081'
  -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.1.0/24'
  -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1'
  -e 'VPN_INPUT_PORTS'=''
  -e 'VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS'=''
  -e 'DEBUG'='false'
  -e 'UMASK'='000'
  -e 'PUID'='99'
  -e 'PGID'='100'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:8081]/'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/binhex/docker-templates/master/binhex/images/qbittorrent-icon.png'
  -p '6881:6881/tcp'
  -p '6881:6881/udp'
  -p '8118:8118/tcp'
  -p '8081:8081/tcp'
  -v '/mnt/user/appdata/data':'/data':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/user/data/torrents/':'/data/torrents':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn':'/config':'rw'
  --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn'

6c4faf0c452a3c738c876e9621f4ca933c6f5057626d410b1e43eec2d1f211a0

The command finished successfully!

On 5/25/2023 at 4:27 PM, joshmxpx said:

Hope someone can help me with this, I'm at my wits end...

I had originally installed Qbit with no issues, and was able to access the WebUI no problem.

Another container, Unifi, wouldn't run properly without using the 8080 port, so I had to change the port in Qbit.

I changed it to 8081 by deleting the Host Port 3, adding the new one with 8081:8081, changed the WebUI Port Key (Key 9) to 8081, and clicked on advance and changed the webui to http://[IP]:[PORT:8081]/.

As far as I've read everywhere those are the only things that need changing, the docker logs don't indicate any issues and show "QbiTorrent process listening on port 8081" as the last entry.

Log attached, user/pass removed.

Thanks in advance

supervisord.log 15.63 kB · 1 download

You know you said you were at your wits end.....

I'm 5 days behind you... 🙂 I spent 4 hours trying to get this to work last night. I have EXACTLY the same problem (Unify, not your subnet) 

can you please, in "a chimp with a keyboard" terms tell me how you changed the webui port... I know from your explaination above you were doing this...

"So in order to get around this you need to edit the container and then use the link down the bottom shown as "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device", select "config type" as "port" then put in the port number you want for both the "container port" and "host port" and then click "add".

So now you have added the additional port you can now remove the old port, as this will now clash on the host port if you have already altered it.

Remember - Make sure to set the  webui_port to the same value and then click on "apply" button to apply the changes."

But i'm new to dockers and can't tell if I need to put two settings, one for container port and one for host port or what... please.. just

step 1

step 2 

etc.. thanks.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

Hi Binhex, 

thanks for replying. I read all the faq, articles and that link (thanks for making all the support docs easy to find) perhaps it was because it was 2am, but I couldn't puzzle it out. 

I'll step through the setup as a write this... and reference your faq. I'll be deliberately pedantic to illustrate what I'm doing.

1. Open unRAID Web UI/Docker left click qBittorrent and select Edit

I assume this means binhex-qbittorrentvpn

2.Go to Container Variable: WEBUI_PORT and click on Edit and set the Value to the port number you want to run the Web UI on and click Save

This is NOT "Host Port 3" - which is labelled Container Port: 8080

It IS "Key 9" which is called "Container Variable: WEBUI_PORT" which is also 8080 <- this is the one I changed i.e 1111

3. Find Container Port: 8080 and click on Remove

This is "Host Port 3" - Labelled "Container Port 8080" <- this is removed

4. Click on blue link Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device and select config type of port

ok... no room for intrepretation here..

now the bit I don't get..

5. Set the Container Port: and Host Port: to the same value as the Container Variable: WEBUI_PORT then click on Add

This will be the value I set in step 2. which will be 1111

Ok, I have..

Config Type - Port

Name = What(?)

Host Port = 1111 

Default Value = what(?)

Connection Type = TCP

Description = (just a description)

and click add. In my head I've added the host port only. So... do I need to do this again and specify a container port now? 

There is no container port (like there was host port) when clicking add another path, port, variable.... and selecting port.

6. Click on Apply at the bottom and wait for the container to be recreated.

yup

7. Attempt access to the qBittorrent Web UI using the new port.

am I right?

5 minutes ago, klippertyk said:

5. Set the Container Port: and Host Port: to the same value as the Container Variable: WEBUI_PORT then click on Add

This will be the value I set in step 2. which will be 1111

Ok, I have..

Config Type - Port

Name = What(?)

Host Port = 1111 

Default Value = what(?)

Connection Type = TCP

Description = (just a description)

OK I'm confused!, so no 'Container Port:' field?, I've filled it out to demonstrate what it should looks like once configured with your specified port number:-

image.thumb.png.4c1e0d70ec6451bcd56ff7682466b657.png

1 minute ago, binhex said:

OK I'm confused!, so no 'Container Port:' field?, I've filled it out to demonstrate what it should looks like once configured with your specified port number:-

image.thumb.png.4c1e0d70ec6451bcd56ff7682466b657.png

OMG!

No! No there is not! I now have a setting called Custom Host Port 1111 and in orange underneath it says Container Port:    <blank>

1 minute ago, klippertyk said:

OMG!

No! No there is not! I now have a setting called Custom Host Port 1111 and in orange underneath it says Container Port:    <blank>

what version of unraid are you using?, also try another browser, maybe some adblock script addon is screwing things up for ya.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, binhex said:

what version of unraid are you using?, also try another browser, maybe some adblock script addon is screwing things up for ya.

6.11.5 on chrome. It's basically a new deployment. I'll try edge...

oh my days, there it is.... 

you know, for someone new, this was really really puzzling. I'll consider myself rather unlucky eh? I'll give it a try.

9 minutes ago, klippertyk said:

6.11.5 on chrome. It's basically a new deployment. I'll try edge...

oh my days, there it is.... 

if its visible in edge and not in chrome then it must be an extension you have installed on chrome that is somehow blocking that field, i use chrome myself so i know chrome and unraid 6.11.5 work with no issues, so it must be an extension.

11 minutes ago, binhex said:

if its visible in edge and not in chrome then it must be an extension you have installed on chrome that is somehow blocking that field, i use chrome myself so i know chrome and unraid 6.11.5 work with no issues, so it must be an extension.

I would say that is a good theory Binhex yes. I have adblock and ublock origin installed as extensions, but I would have never had guessed that (partly because I had NO IDEA that field was supposed to be there!). A little odd adblock or ublock would take issue with a field to me, but then again, i'm not a code writer either. 

I was so utterly frustrated by this, I had the log open, I got the vpn working no problems at all, then, to be stumped by the webui... 

It's worth noting I was checking my logic by removing this docker and installing the vanilla qbit, as it happens I couldn't hit the web ui on any network setting other than host (resolved: my mistake). Which, btw... if I try and setup qbitvpn with host as the network setting, it falls over and doesn't create the docker at all... in case you're interested..

image.thumb.png.cc8f084bf69f5dc17a4b074cc58016f0.png

Edited by klippertyk
1 minute ago, klippertyk said:

if I try and setup qbitvpn with host as the network setting, it falls over and doesn't create the docker at all... in case you're interested..

yeah you don't want to do that, this container is isolated from your host for a reason, it must run in 'Network Type:' 'bridge', as must all the VPN enabled docker images I produce.