[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

On 2/15/2019 at 9:56 AM, binhex said:

does it ever proceed past this point?:-

[info] Waiting for qBittorrent process to start listening on port 8080...

can you also post a screenshot showing the configuration for the container.

@nekromantik actully i dont believe this is the issue, if you dont have debug on then this will be the last visible message you will recieve so im firly confident its running as expected. 

so onto the issue then, so you say you cant login to the web ui, but you can see the initial login screen correct?, just when you enter in username admin (all lower case) and password adminadmin (all lower case) then it doesnt let you login right?

39 minutes ago, binhex said:

@nekromantik actully i dont believe this is the issue, if you dont have debug on then this will be the last visible message you will recieve so im firly confident its running as expected. 

so onto the issue then, so you say you cant login to the web ui, but you can see the initial login screen correct?, just when you enter in username admin (all lower case) and password adminadmin (all lower case) then it doesnt let you login right?

Correct username and password does not work.

I can enable debug and post log if you want to see it.

23 minutes ago, nekromantik said:

Correct username and password does not work.

I can enable debug and post log if you want to see it.

i dont think debug will show us anything new, if you can access the web ui then the vpn is running corrctly. ok can you stop the container and then delete the file /config/qBittorrent/config/qBittorrent.conf then start the container again, then try logging in again.

2 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok can you attach that file here.

[AutoRun]
enabled=false
program=

[Preferences]
Connection\PortRangeMin=6881
Connection\UPnP=false
General\Locale=en
General\UseRandomPort=false
WebUI\Address=*
WebUI\CSRFProtection=false
WebUI\LocalHostAuth=false
WebUI\Port=8080
WebUI\ServerDomains=*
WebUI\UseUPnP=false

anyone else have default user and password not working?
this is very frustrating as much prefer qbittorrent over deluge but deluge only one that works for me
try toggling privileged mode off then back on again and see if that fixes it as your symptom is normally related to privileged mode being off

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, binhex said:

Ok it's got me beat then all I can do is confirm that it does work and I have plenty of users using this sorry dude

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

I found the issue

It only works if you use bridge mode.

If you choose custom bridge it wont accept username and password.

can you look into this?

any idea what i messed up with this compose?

qbittorrentvpn:
    image: binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:latest
    container_name: qbittorrentvpn
    cap_add:
      - NET_ADMIN
    devices:
      - /dev/net/tun
    volumes:
      - ${USERDIR}/docker/qbittorrentvpn/config:/config
      - ${USERDIR}/Downloads1:/downloads
      - ${USERDIR}/Downloads1/completed:/downloads/completed
      - ${USERDIR}/docker/shared:/shared
    ports:
      - "6881:6881"
      - "6881:6881/udp"
      - "8090:8090"
      - "8120:8118"
    restart: always
    environment:
      - VPN_ENABLED=yes
      - [email protected]
      - VPN_PASS=xxxxxx
      - VPN_PROV=slickvpn
      - ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes
      - LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.1/24
      - NAME_SERVERS=1.1.1.1,1.0.0.1
      - UMASK_SET=002
      - PUID=${PUID}
      - PGID=${PGID}
      - TZ=${TZ}
      - WEBUI_PORT=8090
    networks:
      - traefik_proxy
    labels:
      - "traefik.enable=true"
      - "traefik.backend=qbittorrentvpn"
      - "traefik.frontend.rule=Host:qbt.${DOMAINNAME}"
      - "traefik.port=8118"

getting TLS handshake failed after starting OpenVPN so thinking it doesnt like my port mapping/config but I'm running deluge in traefik proxy as well so I cant have 8118 and 8080 in use in qbittorrent.

Good afternoon. This may not be the best place to ask for help, so if someone could kindly point me in the right direction, I'd much appreciate it.

I've been using Transmission on my Synology NAS for quite some time now and have somewhat recently added Sonarr and Radarr to allow for automated TV show and movie downloading. When I had a recent problem with a movie not being imported into Radarr, I was told on the Discord chat that I should probably dump Transmission and go with something like this Docker image.

I am brand-spankin'-new to Docker. I barely know how to install it on my Synology through their package manager. Attempting to get this QbittorrentVPN image installed is causing me nothing but grief. Is there a relatively easy step-by-step tutorial on how to get this working on Synology DSM?

I do have some Linux CLI experience and will employ it to get this working, if necessary. However, DSM seems to have a Docker package already and allows for installing images from Docker Hub. Thus, I'd rather go that route, if possible. Also, with all of the images out there that seem to do the same thing (Deluge, Rtorrent, Qbittorrent, etc.), I'm not certain if this Qbittorrent one is the right one for me. I guess it all comes down to UI and feature preference? Is there a comparison chart or something so I can make a more informed decision between them?

Please point me out to me some sort of guide or tutorial on getting this installed and running on Synology with DSM 6.2.1.

On 2/22/2019 at 6:42 PM, nekromantik said:

I found the issue

It only works if you use bridge mode.

If you choose custom bridge it wont accept username and password.

can you look into this?

thought i would have a play and see if i can replicate the issue, in short i cant. i followed the procedure as layed out in this thread to create a custom bridge and then allocated the qbittorrent a static ip from that new bridge network and selected it from the dropdown for the container, applied it and it still worked just fine, perhaps you are creating the custom bridge differently?.

this is the thread i followed, a little old but still fairly up to date:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/70906-added-in-651-docker-user-defined-bridge-networks/

On 2/24/2019 at 8:47 PM, Sturm said:

This may not be the best place to ask for help, so if someone could kindly point me in the right direction

im afraid it isnt the best place you are right, i would advise you to post on the synology forum, nobody on the unraid forum is going to be an expert on using a synology appliance.

thought i would have a play and see if i can replicate the issue, in short i cant. i followed the procedure as layed out in this thread to create a custom bridge and then allocated the qbittorrent a static ip from that new bridge network and selected it from the dropdown for the container, applied it and it still worked just fine, perhaps you are creating the custom bridge differently?.

this is the thread i followed, a little old but still fairly up to date:-
https://forums.unraid.net/topic/70906-added-in-651-docker-user-defined-bridge-networks/

Nope I followed that exact page for mine.
This is very odd.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hi,

I did some speed tests and I can't figure out why docker is slower than other options...

- qbittorrentvpn docker with vpn enabled (tested both PIA and usenetserver): can't break 1.5mb

- qbittorrentvpn docker with vpn disabled: 10 to 15 mb/s

- qbittorrent installed on windows, and PIA desktop connected on same host, port forwarded: 10 to 15mb/s

- qbittorrent without PIA on desktop: 30 to 40mb/s

Is there some configurations I can do in the docker to make it behave faster when connected to vpn?

1 hour ago, Kaallis said:

Hi,

I did some speed tests and I can't figure out why docker is slower than other options...

- qbittorrentvpn docker with vpn enabled (tested both PIA and usenetserver): can't break 1.5mb

- qbittorrentvpn docker with vpn disabled: 10 to 15 mb/s

- qbittorrent installed on windows, and PIA desktop connected on same host, port forwarded: 10 to 15mb/s

- qbittorrent without PIA on desktop: 30 to 40mb/s

Is there some configurations I can do in the docker to make it behave faster when connected to vpn?

see Q6. from the following link:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433613

On 3/2/2019 at 3:23 PM, binhex said:

I checked Q6 unfortunately it did not help. Here are my results:

Incoming port not defined correctly = I use PIA so this is done auto when strict_port_forward is YES

Upload rate set too high/unlimited = Made sure it was configured properly

GCM - I have testes those settings with PIA and I received errors saying it was not supported.

VPN endpoint has low bandwidth = previous tests proved this was not the case

Highly fragmented disk = previous tests proved this was not the case

Name Resolution not working = Made sure I was on Google's name server, as well as PIA.

Writing incomplete/partial downloads = previous tests proved this was not the case

I'm on windows if that changes anything?

@binhex The issue for me seems to be if I use my custom bridge it only listens on IPV6 and not IPV4. If I use normal bridged mode it listens on both.  Only seem s to happen with this 1 application.  Your deluge container works fine on my setup as do all other containers. Its just Qbitorrent that seems to only want IPV6 if I use my custom bridge network.