[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

192.168.10.2 (using vpn to connect to unraid)

I know this is a lazy way to fix but I just deleted the image and appdata, did a fresh pull and config and its working
The above IP will of been your issue, you need to add 192.168.10.0 to the lan_network

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@binhex my docker image keeps filling up and I'm wondering if it's the inbuilt unrar tool that's doing it.  Does this use the /data mapping that's part of the default template?  I deleted this as I used my own, but I'm wondering if by deleting it I'm causing files to be added to the image? 

I've recreated /data to see if this fixes the problem.

7 minutes ago, DZMM said:

I'm wondering if it's the inbuilt unrar tool that's doing it.  Does this use the /data mapping that's part of the default template?

no, although /data is part of the template i dont hard set anything to use /data.

10 minutes ago, DZMM said:

I deleted this as I used my own,

so im assuming whatever volume name you added in you have configured qbittorrent to use it for incomplete and completed downloads?

22 minutes ago, binhex said:

no, although /data is part of the template i dont hard set anything to use /data.

so im assuming whatever volume name you added in you have configured qbittorrent to use it for incomplete and completed downloads?

Thanks.  Yes, that all works fine - I've added my own mappings and I use those.  I hate tracking down docker image growth - I was hoping the unrar thing might be the problem e.g. files getting expanded in /data.  Back to the drawing board....

15 minutes ago, DZMM said:

Thanks.  Yes, that all works fine - I've added my own mappings and I use those.  I hate tracking down docker image growth - I was hoping the unrar thing might be the problem e.g. files getting expanded in /data.  Back to the drawing board....

ahh ok so you dont know for sure which docker container is causing the growth then?, try running the following and note the largest container 'size':-

docker system df -v

• Thanks 1

First of all: thank you for this! I love how easy it is was to set up and get going.

Second: is there any way to pass the vpn functionality to another container? I have a standalone firefox container, but it's using my normal (non-vpn) network/ip. I need to be able to use that firefox within the container on the same ip the qbit container is using, and I'd need both behind the vpn... but I have no idea how to get that to work.

I tried including network_mode service:qbittorrentvpn in the compose for the firefox container, but it gave me an error about ports not being compatible while using network_mode. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

Any advice as to how to get this working with mullvad VPN would be really appreciated.

Edit:

I figured it out.

Select custom for the VPN

Username and password are both your user number.

Put unzip the files you generate on the Mullvad site and put them in

\appdata\binhex-qbittorrentvpn\openvpn

Rename the .conf file as .opvn

That got me up and running.

Edited by dodgypast
Adding a solution
  • Like 2

I've lost the ability to access the webui and I believe it's due to the fact that somehow the "start-script" is looking at the wrong files. 

2020-02-02 15:40:56,929 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
total 16
drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users 194 Feb 2 15:40 .
drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users 268 Feb 1 18:22 ..
-rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users 39 Feb 2 15:28 credentials.conf
-rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users 1809 Oct 5 2018 us2806_nordvpn_com_ca.crt
-rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users 2822 Feb 2 15:40 us2806.nordvpn.com.tcp443.ovpn
-rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users 602 Oct 5 2018 us2806_nordvpn_com_tls.key

I don't recall ever using the us2806 server before.

In my /openvpn folder i have the following: 

credentials.conf
us504.nordvpn.com.tcp443.ovpn
us504_nordvpn_com_ca.crt
us504_nordpvn_com_tls.key

I've restarted and stopped the docker image several times. How would I update the start-script? How did this happen? I haven't changed any settings or messed with it. All was fine about a week ago, then randomly it stopped working.

Edited by mebrunner24

sharing a good script I found that lets you control per tracker when torrents are deleted automatically by qbittorrent.  You just need to create a .qman file for each tracker e.g. :

{
    "category": "imported",
    "tracker": "tracker.torrentseeds.org",
    "public": {
        "min_seed_ratio": 1,
        "max_seed_ratio": 20,
        "min_seed_time": 1,
        "max_seed_time": 336,
        "required_seeders": 1
    },
	"private": {
        "min_seed_ratio": 1,
        "max_seed_ratio": 20,
        "min_seed_time": 1,
        "max_seed_time": 336,
        "required_seeders": 1
    },
	"delete_files": true
}

https://github.com/Hundter/qBittorrent-Ratio-Manager

• Like 1
On 1/30/2020 at 10:07 PM, ablaine said:

First of all: thank you for this! I love how easy it is was to set up and get going.

Second: is there any way to pass the vpn functionality to another container? I have a standalone firefox container, but it's using my normal (non-vpn) network/ip. I need to be able to use that firefox within the container on the same ip the qbit container is using, and I'd need both behind the vpn... but I have no idea how to get that to work.

I tried including network_mode service:qbittorrentvpn in the compose for the firefox container, but it gave me an error about ports not being compatible while using network_mode. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

officially, no its not supported by me, unofficially some people are doing some hackery, see this thread:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/78028-support-binhex-privoxyvpn/?do=findComment&comment=815234

On 2/2/2020 at 9:52 PM, mebrunner24 said:

I don't recall ever using the us2806 server before.

you have previously set it to use these ovpn config files, trust me you def did do it, i do not include any ovpn files for any vpn provider in my image.

In my /openvpn folder i have the following: 

you may well have those files in your /openvpn folder (whatever thats mapped to on the host??) but its in the wrong place, you need to place those files in /config/openvpn/ if you want them to be picked up.

How would I update the start-script? How did this happen?

you dont, see previous comment, it probably happened by having out of date ovpn files, which you incorrectly assumed you had updated by placing in /openvpn (wrong folder)

I noticed Mebrunner24 said he is having trouble connecting to the WebUI. I'm not sure if my problem is the same:

If I use the Unraid webUI to open the qBittorrent page from the icon, it opens 192.xx.xx.xx:8080 but I get "This page isn't working right now". Ctrl-refresh does not fix it. Same behaviour in Chrome and Edge/Chrome.

If I manually enter "http://192.xx.xx.xx:8080" it works.

Also, not sure if this is connected, but I can't get Sonarr to connect to qBittorrrent. Radarr working fine with the same settings. This all started right after a recent update, where I lost my config from within qbittorrent. I don't see any errors in the log file.

I tried deleting it and re-pulling it, same behaviour.

Edited by III_D
added "I tried deleting..."
On 2/9/2020 at 7:18 PM, III_D said:

I noticed Mebrunner24 said he is having trouble connecting to the WebUI. I'm not sure if my problem is the same:

If I use the Unraid webUI to open the qBittorrent page from the icon, it opens 192.xx.xx.xx:8080 but I get "This page isn't working right now". Ctrl-refresh does not fix it. Same behaviour in Chrome and Edge/Chrome.

If I manually enter "http://192.xx.xx.xx:8080" it works.

Also, not sure if this is connected, but I can't get Sonarr to connect to qBittorrrent. Radarr working fine with the same settings. This all started right after a recent update, where I lost my config from within qbittorrent. I don't see any errors in the log file.

I tried deleting it and re-pulling it, same behaviour.

So, when I get the "This page isn't working right now", if I click the blue "REFRESH" button, it comes up right away. I guess it's not a bad work-around. Sonarr working now, I'm not sure why!

The docker image seems to be broken now.

I didn't change any configurations or anything on my end, but as soon as I start it now, it just stops right away.

Edit: Same thing is happening with my Sonarr container as well now

Solution: I am an idiot. My cache drive got filled up with gigantic log files and that was why my containers wouldn't run. So the problem was all my fault, nothing to see here.

root@Server-Biggie:/# docker logs -f --tail 100 qbittorrentvpn
Created by...
___.   .__       .__
\_ |__ |__| ____ |  |__   ____ ___  ___
 | __ \|  |/    \|  |  \_/ __ \\  \/  /
 | \_\ \  |   |  \   Y  \  ___/ >    <
 |___  /__|___|  /___|  /\___  >__/\_ \
     \/        \/     \/     \/      \/
   https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

Created by...
___.   .__       .__

Created by...
___.   .__       .__

Created by...
___.   .__       .__

root@Server-Biggie:/#

Edited by BBoYTuRBo

Hullo, I am back. I have a new problem now that makes no sense to me.

Without any changes whatsoever on my part, the VPN portion is giving me `AUTH_FAILED` messages. I'm attaching the relevant excerpt from the `supervisord.log` file.

When the container is started with `VPN_ENABLED=no`, it works fine, indicating that the problem is with my VPN credentials.

I use TunnelBear for my VPN and my credentials work just fine on their web site as well as when I run their Windows client. So why the credentials suddenly stopped working on this container is beyond me.

I've also downloaded the latest OpenVPN files from them just to make sure they are up-to-date with the same result.

Any ideas?

excerpt.log

9 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Any characters other than letters and numbers in the credentials?

Yes, an asterisk is in the password. But this has been working fine for a month or two (since I started service with TunnelBear) with no problems until the last 24 hours or so.

9 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

So does it work if you change the password?

Nope. Just went through the procedure to change the password, made sure to use the same password in both my Windows client and the qbvpn container.

Windows client works; qbvpn container doesn't. Same messages.

I am using a Windscribe VPN connection and I am concerned that maybe this is not working.  The docker logs show repeated entries like below.  Also, my download speeds are incredibly high, which I wouldn't have expected.

Is there a way to confirm via console I am being routed differently?   I noticed the traceroute command is unavailable.

2020-02-19 16:39:36,160 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Feb 19 16:39:36 2020 TLS Error: local/remote TLS keys are out of sync: [AF_INET]xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1194 [6]

2020-02-19 16:39:36,458 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Feb 19 16:39:36 2020 AEAD Decrypt error: cipher final failed

3 hours ago, guythnick said:

I am using a Windscribe VPN connection and I am concerned that maybe this is not working.  The docker logs show repeated entries like below.  Also, my download speeds are incredibly high, which I wouldn't have expected.

Is there a way to confirm via console I am being routed differently?   I noticed the traceroute command is unavailable.

2020-02-19 16:39:36,160 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Feb 19 16:39:36 2020 TLS Error: local/remote TLS keys are out of sync: [AF_INET]xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1194 [6]

2020-02-19 16:39:36,458 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Feb 19 16:39:36 2020 AEAD Decrypt error: cipher final failed

I am experiencing a similar error using a different VPN Provider...

When I start the container, I get this warning, but when i checked the credentials conf, perms are set to 600. Obviously doesn't affect functionality, but I'd rather have it happy.

2020-02-19 16:08:52,946 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Feb 19 16:08:52 2020 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

And I also get the AEAD Decrypt error: cipher final failed, but not right away... it only seems to happen after the container has been running for a few hours. It shows up sporadically. 

I'm pretty certain that the connection is successful, because the logs say:

[info] Successfully retrieved external IP address xxx.yyy.zzz.111

which is NOT my actual external IP

To verify the VPN was working, I dumped that IP into a geo-location lookup, and it returned a location far, far, from home. 

One non-standard change I made within the qbittorrent Web UI:

I changed the Network Interface under Advanced Settings from default (i think that was eth0) to tun0 under the impression that this guarantees a killswitch of sorts... Zero traffic allowed without the VPN being active. Correct? 

8 hours ago, SeeGee said:

When I start the container, I get this warning, but when i checked the credentials conf, perms are set to 600. Obviously doesn't affect functionality, but I'd rather have it happy.

2020-02-19 16:08:52,946 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Wed Feb 19 16:08:52 2020 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

ignore this, its only a problem if you have multiple people all accessing the same container, and thus possibly could see your credentials,conf file and your username and password.

13 hours ago, guythnick said:

2020-02-19 16:39:36,458 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output: Wed Feb 19 16:39:36 2020 AEAD Decrypt error: cipher final failed

this means the cipher defined in the client ovpn file does not match the cipher on the vpn providers server, its a warning and not a fatal error so again can be ignored, if it bothers you a lot then get your vpn provider to fix their ovpn config file so that the cipher matches.

see Q2 for how to confirm the vpn tunnel is working:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/delugevpn.md

9 hours ago, SeeGee said:

Zero traffic allowed without the VPN being active. Correct? 

correct.

• Thanks 1

Hey there, LOVE the docker images.   I am using qbittorrentvpn with PIA,  I wanted to know if there is a way to select a different server, Like have it connect with several servers.  Not to boost speed but to just change it up as sometimes a server may be really slow and switching means going and changing the cert and config file as far as I have seen.    Thanks in advance!  Keep up the awesome work.