[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

I'm not able to access the qbittorrent GUI since this morning. Looking at the logs this is all that I am seeing. Any thoughts?

2020-04-21 16:27:04,924 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Tue Apr 21 16:27:04 2020 SIGHUP[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting

On 4/19/2020 at 2:38 AM, ctrl-z said:

My torrents are all stalling from going to slow. Finally using PIA to have the Strict_Port_Forwarding labeled 'yes'. (Also tried it at 'no with same stalling issue). Torrents coming in from Radarr/Sonarr with Proxy turned on from enabled Privoxy. I have everything set up for a min. of 2 peers, and all qbittorrent settings set up the way I had them on my local machine (not in a docker). Anyone else have similar issues on their initial startup and what did you do to fix this?

Here is a snippet from my logs showing the endpoint that I am using is in the list of endpoints supporting port forwarding.

2020-04-18 12:16:18,964 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] PIA endpoint 'ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com' is in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding

2020-04-18 12:16:18,965 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:-
[info] ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-berlin.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-frankfurt.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] sweden.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] swiss.privateinternetaccess.com

Dude,i had the same issues! I worked it out. The /data mapping got changed somehow, so the torrent couldnt write to the correct mapped location i had set inside QBIT!

00e352fa0aa706f883bb3f85f23aa5f3.png

7c7b3dfd279ec958953caa4291db246d.png

Edited by Bolagnaise
FIXED ISSUE
On 4/21/2020 at 9:27 PM, azhagan said:

I'm not able to access the qbittorrent GUI since this morning. Looking at the logs this is all that I am seeing. Any thoughts?

2020-04-21 16:27:04,924 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Tue Apr 21 16:27:04 2020 SIGHUP[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

Can someone tell me how to maintain a specific version and stop it from updating?

i have a private tracker (TV-Vault) that has a whitelist, and newer versions take a while to get on.

Ive been having problems with my docker image and i have to keep deleting it which means i have to redownload the docker, and its the most up to date.

can i roll it back to an older version? or specify a version?

is tags the answer? I found the pull command on docker.com for the version i want....damn, now what?

UPDATE

it WAS tags. i was getting screwed up because the end of the repository entry doesnt show "latest" but I added the version number after the colon and it worked perfect. (justfor the next guy)

Edited by Amorbellum

Need some help setting up a docker contantainer with macvlan network. My google fu has failed me so far. Using image binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:4ce38f56424c

I am running on Synology. I had a container running via bridge network just fine. I am running a vpn client on my router to route all outgoing traffic through a VPN.

Now since i have a vpn client running my qBittorrent container is doing a multi hop in some sense. I wanted to see if i can avoid that. So i decided to set up teh container using macvlan. What is werid is i cannot open up the UI. I have confirmed i can telnet to port 8080 from a machine other than the docker host and it connects. Confirmed it by shutting down the container and telnet fails. So i know i can reach the container using the macvlan network. However when i make a curl call it keeps getting

curl: (56) Recv failure: Connection reset by peer

docker macvlan network is setup as

docker network create -d macvlan --subnet=192.168.1.0/24 --ip-range=192.168.1.240/28 --gateway=192.168.1.1 -o parent=eth1 macvlan

Here is how i started the container

sudo docker run -d \
    --privileged=true \
    --network macvlan \
    --ip 192.168.1.241 \
    -p 13392:13392 \
    -p 13392:13392/udp \
    -p 8080:8080 \
    -p 8118:8118 \
    --name=qbittorrent \
    -v /volume1/htpc:/htpc \
    -v /volume1/docker/qbittorrent:/config \
    -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
    -e VPN_ENABLED=yes \
    -e VPN_PROV=mullvad \
    -e VPN_USER=DELETED \
    -e VPN_PASS=DELETED \
    -e VPN_OPTIONS='--pull-filter ignore ifconfig-ipv6 --pull-filter ignore route-ipv6 --inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60 --mute-replay-warnings' \
    -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=no \
    -e LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24 \
    -e NAME_SERVERS=10.8.0.1,1.1.1.1,1.0.0.1 \
    -e DEBUG=true \
    -e WEBUI_PORT=8080 \
    -e UMASK=022 \
    -e PUID=DELETED \
    -e PGID=DELETED \
    --restart=unless-stopped \
    binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:latest

netstat from within the container shows

[root@3f26ea402906 /]# netstat -nltp
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 192.168.1.240:13392     0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      454/qbittorrent-nox
tcp        0      0 10.8.0.9:13392          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      454/qbittorrent-nox
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:13392         0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      454/qbittorrent-nox
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.11:33496        0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      -
tcp6       0      0 :::8080                 :::*                    LISTEN      454/qbittorrent-nox
[root@3f26ea402906 /]#

Any one have any pointers as to what could be happening here?

In order to confirm my setup i did the haugene-tranmission setup with macvlan and it is up and running without any issues. So i feel farily confident that my macvlan setup is working correctly. 

Edited by amoney
Added docker network create info, more testing info,

I was also getting issues with this docker and binhex-delugevpn with torrents starting slow and then immediately stalling using Windscribe. Checked my download mappings and those were fine. I setup Markus' version of qbittorentvpn with the same exact config, same vpn config, same settings, everything identical and absolutely no stalling whatsoever. So there's definitely something going on with the binhex version of these torrent clients. Binhex-sabnzvpn is still working great.

Edited by goose1701
5 hours ago, goose1701 said:

I was also getting issues with this docker and binhex-delugevpn with torrents starting slow and then immediately stalling using Windscribe. Checked my download mappings and those were fine. I setup Markus' version of qbittorentvpn with the same exact config, same vpn config, same settings, everything identical and absolutely no stalling whatsoever. So there's definitely something going on with the binhex version of these torrent clients. Binhex-sabnzvpn is still working great.

I had no issues using this image when using bridge network with docker. Just cant get it to work with macvlan.

Also having the same issues as everyone else with the very slow speeds that soonafter just reach 0kbps.  I tried installing the other qbittorrentVPN and copied my appdata and torrents to it - same issues.  I then deleted all the config/logs/etc - everything BUT the torrents I was downloading and restarted it.  This worked and behaved normally.

I tried to copy the same thing to binhex-qbittorrentvpn but it didn't help, still slow speeds with everything else being identical.  I guess I'm switching dockers for the time being since they're basically identical, except one works

8 hours ago, thrroow said:

Also having the same issues as everyone else with the very slow speeds that soonafter just reach 0kbps.  I tried installing the other qbittorrentVPN and copied my appdata and torrents to it - same issues.  I then deleted all the config/logs/etc - everything BUT the torrents I was downloading and restarted it.  This worked and behaved normally.

I tried to copy the same thing to binhex-qbittorrentvpn but it didn't help, still slow speeds with everything else being identical.  I guess I'm switching dockers for the time being since they're basically identical, except one works

you guys have a configuration issue and/or vpn provider issue, just tested the image and getting a steady download rate, no stalling for me so im confident the issue is not related to the image, proof, my line maxes out at around 4.0 MB/s so this is pretty good considering vpn overhead:-

image.thumb.png.7d603c5a34156688efb83958cb3df928.png

edit - download of the ubuntu iso finished no problems, total time active for 2.52GB iso - 12 minutes, speed dipped to around 3.0MB/s at points but always climbed back up. one last thing to say, this is running 'latest' image from a clean configuration, only things i changed was the incomplete and completed folders of course, im assuming you guys are doing this right?.

Edited by binhex
4 hours ago, binhex said:

you guys have a configuration issue and/or vpn provider issue, just tested the image and getting a steady download rate, no stalling for me so im confident the issue is not related to the image, proof, my line maxes out at around 4.0 MB/s so this is pretty good considering vpn overhead:-

image.thumb.png.7d603c5a34156688efb83958cb3df928.png

edit - download of the ubuntu iso finished no problems, total time active for 2.52GB iso - 12 minutes, speed dipped to around 3.0MB/s at points but always climbed back up. one last thing to say, this is running 'latest' image from a clean configuration, only things i changed was the incomplete and completed folders of course, im assuming you guys are doing this right?.

I didn't change the folders it was pointing to, however, the other qbitvpn docker I downloaded and tried were also pointed at the same folders with no problems.  I also made sure to use the exact same ovpn credential file between the two instances.  I get around 40 to 60MB/s on my VPN, so it's definitely not overhead or losses.  The one thing I didn't try was to get rid of the torrent backup folder because I'd rather switch clients than stop seeding hundreds of torrents.

45 minutes ago, thrroow said:

I didn't change the folders it was pointing to, however, the other qbitvpn docker I downloaded and tried were also pointed at the same folders with no problems

if you didnt configure the location of incomplete and completed then this will be the issue. i do not hard set this value as some people prefer to save to a container volume mapping of /downloads/ whilst others prefer /data/, im assuming the other docker image you mentioned assumes one of these names and thus hard sets it for you.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

if you didnt configure the location of incomplete and completed then this will be the issue. i do not hard set this value as some people prefer to save to a container volume mapping of /downloads/ whilst others prefer /data/, im assuming the other docker image you mentioned assumes one of these names and thus hard sets it for you.

No, both containers were changed to be exactly the same, including container mounted paths, settings, etc.

Also, as others have mentioned, these setups used to work just fine.  All of a sudden stopped working even though I haven't even opened up the webUI in months.  I just noticed radarr/sonarr downloads were stacking up.  Double checked with a manual Ubuntu torrent to make sure it wasn't a tracker or VPN issue.

Is there a way to delete all container info etc. so that all of it will be re-downloaded?  I can try that too.

sorry im a bit confused here:-

3 hours ago, thrroow said:

I didn't change the folders it was pointing to

and yet you then say:-

53 minutes ago, thrroow said:

No, both containers were changed to be exactly the same, including container mounted paths, settings, etc.

so which is correct?, did you change the folders used to store incomplete and complete downloads in the qbittorrent web ui?, example of my config shown below, note the two ticked options, if these are NOT defined then downloads will either stall or will download inside the container, neither of which are good:-

image.png.252ebd10fd59873fb816a99afc60a9bf.png

53 minutes ago, thrroow said:

Is there a way to delete all container info etc. so that all of it will be re-downloaded?  I can try that too.

yes, stop the container and delete all files/folders defined for the host path for /config for this container, then start the container, you will then be at a clean state.

Edited by binhex
19 minutes ago, binhex said:

sorry im a bit confused here:-

and yet you then say:-

so which is correct?, did you change the folders used to store incomplete and complete downloads in the qbittorrent web ui?, example of my config shown below, note the two ticked options, if these are NOT defined then downloads will either stall or will download inside the container, neither of which are good:-

image.png.252ebd10fd59873fb816a99afc60a9bf.png

yes, stop the container and delete all files/folders defined for the host path for /config for this container, then start the container, you will then be at a clean state.

I misunderstood your question.  Yes both those paths are the same in each docker, and I have all identical settings (even ports).  I ran one, tried to download, stopped it, started the other, and tried the same download.  And again, no paths or settings of any kind have changed in months.

Another odd thing I noticed, is that sometimes public trackers work slowly (like RARBG ~400kbps).  But trackers that should be faster (iptorrents, xspeeds, ubuntu, etc.) don't work at all.  Also tested all of these on both docker containers and on a PC using the same VPN connection.  In all cases it's only this particular docker that won't download.

I was talking about deleting the container files, e.g., anything pulled down from the docker repository or any container data.  Or might that not help?

1 minute ago, thrroow said:

anything pulled down from the docker repository or any container data. 

container data will only be whats stored in /config, the docker image itself (ideally up to date) will be exactly the same, its immutable so no way to pollute or corrupt it with user data.

so to confirm what are your docker side settings, do you have a volume named /data and what path is this set to on the host side?

9 minutes ago, binhex said:

container data will only be whats stored in /config, the docker image itself (ideally up to date) will be exactly the same, its immutable so no way to pollute or corrupt it with user data.

so to confirm what are your docker side settings, do you have a volume named /data and what path is this set to on the host side?

I was in the middle of uploading several screenshots when I saw that the container volume mapping was /data/ (as it had been), but the within qbittorrent the /data/ location had changed to /downloads/.  After changing it back to /data and restarting it, it now works!

When or how did those settings get changed within qbittorrent?  I definitely didn't touch any of those settings.

1 minute ago, thrroow said:

but the within qbittorrent the /data/ location had changed to /downloads/.  After changing it back to /data and restarting it, it now works!

When or how did those settings get changed within qbittorrent?  I definitely didn't touch any of those settings.

i would suspect flip flopping between my image and the other qbittorrentvpn image and/or trying to fix issues with sonarr/radarr/etc not post processing correctly lead you to change it, i can confirm there is NO automation from my side of things, as i previously mentioned i do not set this, glad to see its the usual suspect of incorrect path or not configured path for incomplete and/or completed.

Morning all,

I have the container working perfectly through my VPN. I can access the GUI, download torrents and all whislt the container tunnels the traffic. I can also set machines on the local LAN to use Privoxy and browse the web securely. Infact I need this as one of my private trackers requires that I download the torrent file from the same IP as I then use in the download client.

My issue occurs when trying to access Privoxy through a WireGuard VPN connection to my home network. I can still access all docker containers GUIs over this WireGuard connection and surf through my home internet whilst remote, but all attemps to route through Privoxy fail. What am I missing here?

I have WireGuard set to use NAT but have also set-up a static route on my Router pointing to my UNRAID server as the gateway to the WireGuard network just in case.

Regards,

Jay

Any pointers to how to fix the following issue when using macvlan network? Cannot open up the UI, telnet to port 8080 works fine. Running on Synology.

I have various containes using this network so i know the network setup is working. When i run the qbittorrentvpn container using bridge network it works perferct. So the only 2 changes in how i start the container is specifying the network i want to attach to and ip address.

Inside the container it shows its listening to tcp6 which is interesting as IPv6 is not enabled on my docker host. So curious if this it the underlying cause

[root@3f26ea402906 /]# netstat -nltp
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 192.168.1.240:13392     0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      454/qbittorrent-nox
tcp        0      0 10.8.0.9:13392          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      454/qbittorrent-nox
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:13392         0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      454/qbittorrent-nox
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.11:33496        0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      -
tcp6       0      0 :::8080                 :::*                    LISTEN      454/qbittorrent-nox
[root@3f26ea402906 /]#

Sorry for the repeat post. Trying again to see if folks have suggestions on how i can get this to work.

Edit: 

Ah looks like i found a post stating macvlan is not supported in the image.

Guess i have to explore other options.

Edited by amoney
Added system info.

Morning Everyone,

I've just setup binxhex-qbittorrentvpn using PIA and I'm able to access the web GUI and download torrents, however, if any of the links are magnet links, I can't access them, it refuses to even put them into the Transfers area. When I try to do "register to handle magnet links..." from the 'Tools' drop-down, I get the "To use this feature, the WebUI needs to be accessed over HTTPS" dialogue.

magnet.PNG

I've read through the entire FAQ, searched the forum and only found one person with a sort of similar issue and their fix was to add their subnet/hostnet to the whitelist under 'Authentication' in the 'Web UI' settings and I did that with no change. This is driving me absolutely mad and I feel like I'm missing something super simple.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you!

Additional info: I am able to use the search, right click -> go to description page -> copy the magnet link and add it via file -> add torrent URL and it will start downloading. If I right click and choose download, I get the box to confirm to start but when I hit download, nothing will happen...but only on certain torrents.

Edited by Highbird

***WebGUI solved, but...***

Loaded the mangle table on the UNRAID terminal and now can access the WebGUI with my original setup:

'/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle'

But now scrappers like radarr and sonarr are unable to link the assigned IP address of qbittorrent. 

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully managed to set up this docker on its own subnet/IP on UNRAID? I can do so if the VPN enabled option is set to 'No' but as soon as I enabled it, I am unable to access the WebGUI. If I change the docker 'network type' option to 'bridge' then it works fine.

My original setup was not making use of the built-in VPN options of the docker, rather all the subnet traffic was going through a VPN tunnel at router level. The WebUI was working fine. But this was without VPN port-forwarding causing torrents to stall/slow down. 

NB: My home network is broken down in to various VLAN/subnets. My laptop is on one of my secure VLANs 10.0.2.0, where it could access the qbittorent docker on VLAN 10.0.6.0 with my original setup. But with setting up the VPN options on the qbittorrent docker, it seems to connect fine and port forwards fine. But I am unable to connect to WebGUI.

I am reasonable with firewall rules, but dont know enough about how/if the qbittorentVPN changes things.

The 'bridge' option does seem to work, but I rather keep thing separate/tidy wherever possible.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

Edited by tvojm100

Hi @binhex,

I'm using this docker, and it's really awesome. I like the way you've made it so that qbittorrent can use the port forwarded by the VPN.  I'm trying to figure out how exactly you've accomplished that, because I'm trying to do something similar in one of my VMs, and I'm stumped. I've looked through the repo for this docker, but I can't seem to find where (and how) VPN_INCOMING_PORT is being set. It looks like it might be in /home/nobody/preruncheck.sh, but I can't find the source for that script in the repo. Do you think you could possibly help me figure out how to get the port my VPN is forwarding to me, either here or by linking me to the relevant code?

Thanks!