[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

Hello @binhex and others,

I have been successfully using Sonarr+Radarr+Deluge for a while now, but for a variety of reasons I recently tried to switch from Deluge to qBittorrent. I have qBittorrent installed and can access it, download, etc successfully. However when I try to add as a Download Client in Sonarr or Radarr (or presumably Lidarr) I get the error "Unknown exception: Failed to connect to qBittorrent, check your settings." This is no doubt an issue with my configuration of qBittorrent because Deluge worked without issue previously, but I cannot figure this out. Could someone provide guidance?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 3.18.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 3.19.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 3.19.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 3.22.38 PM.png

• Like 1
17 hours ago, --Kyle-- said:

I have been successfully using Sonarr+Radarr+Deluge for a while now, but for a variety of reasons I recently tried to switch from Deluge to qBittorrent. I have qBittorrent installed and can access it, download, etc successfully. However when I try to add as a Download Client in Sonarr or Radarr (or presumably Lidarr) I get the error "Unknown exception: Failed to connect to qBittorrent, check your settings." This is no doubt an issue with my configuration of qBittorrent because Deluge worked without issue previously, but I cannot figure this out. Could someone provide guidance?

what is LAN_NETWORK set to for qbittorrentvpn?.

1 hour ago, --Kyle-- said:

@binhex LAN_NETWORK is set to 192.168.1.0/24 in qbittorrentvpn

My server is called Tower (maybe that's true for everyone? I'm kind of new to all this), and after playing with this a bit more, putting "Tower" in the Host boxes allowed Sonarr/Radarr to find qBittorrent! I'm not sure why the IP wouldn't work, but regardless this is taken care of. Thank you @binhex for all you do for this community!

Hello!  I've seen similar questions posted here, but they were from last year and were marked *fixed* on the github.

It seems that every time my container restarts, it resets all of its configs to default values.  Save location, user authentication, "execute command on completion" -- everything.  This leads to all downloads getting dumped into the /config/ directory, which is undesirable.

Looking through the Unraid Dashboard logs, I see that the OpenVPN and qBittorrent incoming ports seem to mismatch every half-hour, and are marked for reconfigure, but that's the only things that stands out to my eyes.

Any help would be appreciated, as I very much like this container when it is properly configured!  TYIA

Install through the Docker and it won't run.   The log file shows this:

2020-05-14 10:57:40.620144 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2020-05-14 10:57:40.655744 [crit] No OpenVPN config file located in /config/openvpn/ (ovpn extension), please download from your VPN provider and then restart this container, exiting...

If I turn off the vpn options it works perfectly.  When I turn on vpn and put in my vpn username and password I get this and then it won't run.

What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

I updated an hour ago to the latest qbittorrent and couldn't get to the webui. The log just kept repeating could not resolve www.google.com. I changed the repo to the previous version and all is back to normal. Is there something I need to change for the lastest version to work? 

8 hours ago, Roger C said:

I updated an hour ago to the latest qbittorrent and couldn't get to the webui. The log just kept repeating could not resolve www.google.com. I changed the repo to the previous version and all is back to normal. Is there something I need to change for the lastest version to work? 

I'm in the same boat.

11 hours ago, Roger C said:

2 hours ago, dodgypast said:

I'm in the same boat.

highly unlikely the latest change had anything to do with this, as the change was around website change for open port detection and i have had no other reports from delugevpn or rtorrentvpn (which use the same code).

so onto the issue, dns failure simply means the container was unable to resolve names once the tunnel is established, this is most likely a vpn provider issue, i would try switching back to 'latest' and my guess is that the container would start with no issue, if it doesnt start then please do the following:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

Edited by binhex
On 5/14/2020 at 7:03 PM, nekko377 said:

Install through the Docker and it won't run.   The log file shows this:

2020-05-14 10:57:40.620144 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2020-05-14 10:57:40.655744 [crit] No OpenVPN config file located in /config/openvpn/ (ovpn extension), please download from your VPN provider and then restart this container, exiting...

If I turn off the vpn options it works perfectly.  When I turn on vpn and put in my vpn username and password I get this and then it won't run.

What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

did you try what the log output suggests? you need to download the openvpn config file from your vpn provider (and all required certificates).

No OpenVPN config file located in /config/openvpn/ (ovpn extension), please download from your VPN provider and then restart this container,

Edited by binhex
2 hours ago, binhex said:

highly unlikely the latest change had anything to do with this, as the change was around website change for open port detection and i have had no other reports from delugevpn or rtorrentvpn (which use the same code).

so onto the issue, dns failure simply means the container was unable to resolve names once the tunnel is established, this is most likely a vpn provider issue, i would try switching back to 'latest' and my guess is that the container would start with no issue, if it doesnt start then please do the following:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

I tried latest again and it didn't work, back to 4.2.5-1-01 and it's fine.

I'll try and attach log files when I have a bit of time later.

Edit:

No log file was generated in my 

/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/config

folder.

But I got this from my logs:

logfile

Edited by dodgypast
1 hour ago, dodgypast said:

I'll try and attach log files when I have a bit of time later.

Edit:

No log file was generated in my 

/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/config

folder.

But I got this from my logs:

logfile 14.78 kB · 0 downloads

hmm ok can you try setting VPN_OPTIONS value to the following:-

--pull-filter ignore 'dhcp-option DNS'

1 hour ago, dodgypast said:

Didn't like that either:
logfile2

ok remove the value for VPN_OPTIONS and then from the unraid console with the container running (NOT the containers console) run the following:-

docker exec -it <name of container> bash -c 'sed -i -e "s~--pull-filter ignore\s.dhcp-option\sDNS6.\s~~g" /root/openvpn.sh'

restart container, if no go then try the following:-

docker exec -it <name of container> bash -c 'sed -i -e "s~--pull-filter ignore\s.redirect-gateway\sipv6.\s~~g" /root/openvpn.sh'

then restart the container again.

i suspect one of these or maybe even both options are required for airvpn, i just dont know which.

I tried the deluge plugin with the same results and have to use the earlier version. I too am on airvpn so I checked with a friend on pia and he has no problems.  I disabled ipv6 on my router and the problem goes away and the latest version works. I will try those commands when I get home and see what happens. 

6 hours ago, dodgypast said:

Same here. AirVPN. Tried several new config files and get the "unable to resolve Google DNS error." Rolled back to 4.2.5-1-01 and all is good.

ok remove the value for VPN_OPTIONS and then from the unraid console with the container running (NOT the containers console) run the following:-

docker exec -it <name of container> bash -c 'sed -i -e "s~--pull-filter ignore\s.dhcp-option\sDNS6.\s~~g" /root/openvpn.sh'

docker exec -it <name of container> bash -c 'sed -i -e "s~--pull-filter ignore\s.redirect-gateway\sipv6.\s~~g" /root/openvpn.sh'

i suspect one of these or maybe even both options are required for airvpn, i just dont know which.

First one didnt help, but it worked after the second! I'm back in the GUI.. thanks!

It worked after the second.

root@Tower:~# docker exec -it binhex-qbittorrentvpn bash -c 'sed -i -e "s~--pull-filter ignore\s.dhcp-option\sDNS6.\s~~g" /root/openvpn.sh'
Error response from daemon: Container ce7a38e0b3115332106a1687c9c83bdcb3cd3f10f8d3e8fdba76ae86543e59c4 is not running
root@Tower:~# docker exec -it binhex-qbittorrentvpn bash -c 'sed -i -e "s~--pull-filter ignore\s.dhcp-option\sDNS6.\s~~g" /root/openvpn.sh'
root@Tower:~# docker exec -it binhex-qbittorrentvpn bash -c 'sed -i -e "s~--pull-filter ignore\s.redirect-gateway\sipv6.\s~~g" /root/openvpn.sh'
Error response from daemon: Container ce7a38e0b3115332106a1687c9c83bdcb3cd3f10f8d3e8fdba76ae86543e59c4 is not running
root@Tower:~# docker exec -it binhex-qbittorrentvpn bash -c 'sed -i -e "s~--pull-filter ignore\s.redirect-gateway\sipv6.\s~~g" /root/openvpn.sh'

Thanks for your support.

Edited by dodgypast
53 minutes ago, dodgypast said:

It worked after the second, one thing... you need the container to be running for the command to work:

new image has been produced, can you please pull down image with tag 'latest' and let me know if it looks ok.