[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

22 hours ago, SignedOne said:

No idea, unfortunately. Though I'll probably switch to a different container, since the binhex containers still tend to hang a lot and don't reconnect automatically, they often get stuck at steps like "marking for reconfigure", requiring daily restarts and horrible availability, even if the VPN servers themselves are stable enough.

Thanks for the info. What would your alternative be?

4 hours ago, binhex said:

i took a look at this image and did spot a long standing issue with pgrep causing issues, this bug has been fixed upstream and the image has been rebuilt with the fix, please pull down the latest image and let me know if it now works correctly when reconfiguration is required (i.e. openvpn drop or port closed).

I'm impressed. If I hadn't donated already, this would get me to. :)

5 hours ago, binhex said:

i took a look at this image and did spot a long standing issue with pgrep causing issues, this bug has been fixed upstream and the image has been rebuilt with the fix, please pull down the latest image and let me know if it now works correctly when reconfiguration is required (i.e. openvpn drop or port closed).

Just pulled it, will test for a few days and report back! Thanks for your excellent support mate.

Just pulled it, will test for a few days and report back! Thanks for your excellent support mate.
If you do spot a problem then please remove any sensitive info and then attach the entire log, preferably with debug set to true

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, binhex said:

If you do spot a problem then please remove any sensitive info and then attach the entire log, preferably with debug set to true

Wilco!

Regarding port forwarding on their NextGen servers, it seems to indeed be possible, it's just a new procedure. Should be fairly easy to implement, I'll try it myself once I got a bit of time on my hands:

https://github.com/thrnz/docker-wireguard-pia/blob/master/extra/pf.sh

Edited by SignedOne
So if we use PIA and this container it just won't work currently?  My current config isn't working, but moving to next gen configs seem like they don't work for different reasons?  Anyone have a solution for PIA users?

Shoud be a docker version of it on apps with built in wireguard. Shoud work with pia i beleve if im not mistaken

Sent fra min SM-G965F via Tapatalk

16 hours ago, SignedOne said:

Wilco!

Regarding port forwarding on their NextGen servers, it seems to indeed be possible, it's just a new procedure. Should be fairly easy to implement, I'll try it myself once I got a bit of time on my hands:

https://github.com/thrnz/docker-wireguard-pia/blob/master/extra/pf.sh

that script is a hack, it uses the pia app to generate the required wireguard file and then modifies it. yes it works but its fragile and could break at any time. as is mentioned in the comments in the script:-

# Port forwarding on the 'next-gen' network isn't supported outside of the official PIA app at this stage. Use at your own risk!
#

so until there is official support for native wireguard AND pia supports port forwarding via wireguard then i personally am not interested.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, sittingmongoose said:

So if we use PIA and this container it just won't work currently?  My current config isn't working, but moving to next gen configs seem like they don't work for different reasons?  Anyone have a solution for PIA users?

yes it does currently work, but as pia are transitioning over to next-gen network some of the endpoints may or may not work during this transition, i am using ca-montreal with no issue on the existing pia network.

just to be clear here, pia next-gen does NOT mean wireguard only, next-gen currently supports both openvpn and wireguard, however there is currently no port forwarding support for openvpn on next-gen, so until that is in place i would recommend sticking to the existing network.

if you want to use openvpn next-gen and dont mind no port forwarding (no incoming port - slow speeds) then use the openvpn generator here:-

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/ovpn-config-generator

Edited by binhex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Ronhj said:

Atm openvpn is bad with pia. Had to change server once a day.. changing to a docker with built in wiregard solves the problem for now anyway. There is one made by dyonr. And can be found on CA

Sent fra min SM-G965F via Tapatalk

just to make you aware, the app mentioned above will be using the pia app config hack, so it may stop working at any time, the choice is completely yours of course.

Edited by binhex
On 8/20/2020 at 3:19 PM, binhex said:

Just a quick update, running perfectly fine now. Automatic reconnect and handling of iptables/spinning up of the different program instances works as expected. Cheers!

9 hours ago, binhex said:

yes it does currently work, but as pia are transitioning over to next-gen network some of the endpoints may or may not work during this transition, i am using ca-montreal with no issue on the existing pia network.

just to be clear here, pia next-gen does NOT mean wireguard only, next-gen currently supports both openvpn and wireguard, however there is currently no port forwarding support for openvpn on next-gen, so until that is in place i would recommend sticking to the existing network.

if you want to use openvpn next-gen and dont mind no port forwarding (no incoming port - slow speeds) then use the openvpn generator here:-

Switched from Sweden to CA-Montreal and now PIA via OpenVPN works as expected.  Thanks!  Looking forward to moving to wireguard in the future.  

On 5/2/2020 at 4:17 PM, Highbird said:

Morning Everyone,

I've just setup binxhex-qbittorrentvpn using PIA and I'm able to access the web GUI and download torrents, however, if any of the links are magnet links, I can't access them, it refuses to even put them into the Transfers area. When I try to do "register to handle magnet links..." from the 'Tools' drop-down, I get the "To use this feature, the WebUI needs to be accessed over HTTPS" dialogue.

magnet.PNG

I've read through the entire FAQ, searched the forum and only found one person with a sort of similar issue and their fix was to add their subnet/hostnet to the whitelist under 'Authentication' in the 'Web UI' settings and I did that with no change. This is driving me absolutely mad and I feel like I'm missing something super simple.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you!

Additional info: I am able to use the search, right click -> go to description page -> copy the magnet link and add it via file -> add torrent URL and it will start downloading. If I right click and choose download, I get the box to confirm to start but when I hit download, nothing will happen...but only on certain torrents.

Are you still looking for a fix for this ? I was playing about last night and have managed to worked out how to do this !

On 8/21/2020 at 7:44 AM, binhex said:

Switched to this endpoint on the legacy network. Working for now. Not ideal, because trackers expect me on a different ip (range), but it'll do for now. Thank you!

I found the solution for my problem.

Because I had some problems with my proxy, I changed it to a socks5 proxy from PIA. Because of this Radarr and Sonarr can't connect with qBittorrent anymore. I changed it back to the HTTP proxy from qBittorrent and it is connecting again. Also the high CPU usage is gone.

I made a stupid mistake but I hope someone can learn from it as well if they have the same problem. Thanks Binhex for your help and great docker containers.

• Like 1

Hello Guys,

I thought you could maybe help me with a problem i can't seem to solve myself.

I have binhex-qbittorrentvpn installed with a pia vpn, that so far works flawlessly.

However, i tried to map another container's network to that of the binhex-qbittorrentvpn, Jdownloader2, with --network=container:binhex-qbittorrentvpn.

But with Jdownloader i can't access the web-gui and it doesnt recieve any ports or ip.

If someone has a solution for this it would be much appreciated. My Settings are in the Pictures attached. Thank you for your help

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-02 um 11.29.27.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-02 um 11.28.25.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-02 um 11.29.01.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-02 um 11.29.42.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-02 um 11.28.35.png