[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

6 hours ago, Kopernikus said:

Would it be possible to integrate Wireguard?

yes in time, i got bigger fish to fry right now, looking at multi 'remote' location support, next-gen openvpn and eventually next-gen wireguard support for pia, all of this takes a lot of time sadly, something im lacking in.

It would be cool if openvpn could rotate through the ovpn files until it finds a working server in situations like this. I am having to keep the files in another folders and move them into qbittorrent 1 at a time till I find one that works right now.

I had to find a new server this morning and ended up getting france to work, if it gives me trouble I will try spain.

1 hour ago, TexasUnraid said:

It would be cool if openvpn could rotate through the ovpn files until it finds a working server in situations like this. I am having to keep the files in another folders and move them into qbittorrent 1 at a time till I find one that works right now.

I had to find a new server this morning and ended up getting france to work, if it gives me trouble I will try spain.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46127-support-binhex-rtorrentvpn/?do=findComment&comment=894179

Very cool! Being able to loop multiple files would be easier for the end user but I can understand doing it this way as well.

I will update qbittorrent tonight and give it a try.
It won't work yet as this is applied to rtorrentvpn only, if no issues then I will roll out soon.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I've got an odd issue going on. The webUI seems to just be... broken? Sonarr can contact qbit just fine, and I can see torrents are seeding via my private tracker, but the webUI just reports nothing.

This occurred after an unexpected shutdown to the server. I've tried force updating the container, but I've been warry to delete the appdata since I have 150+ torrents seeding and I no longer have the .torrent files. Any who, any insight is appreciated. 

Below is an image of what I see. Just nothingness. Yet all the torrents are still seeding... lol.

image.thumb.png.e95266498087c3890aac928066965c57.png

9 hours ago, doubley said:

I've got an odd issue going on. The webUI seems to just be... broken? Sonarr can contact qbit just fine, and I can see torrents are seeding via my private tracker, but the webUI just reports nothing.

This occurred after an unexpected shutdown to the server. I've tried force updating the container, but I've been warry to delete the appdata since I have 150+ torrents seeding and I no longer have the .torrent files. Any who, any insight is appreciated. 

Below is an image of what I see. Just nothingness. Yet all the torrents are still seeding... lol.

image.thumb.png.e95266498087c3890aac928066965c57.png

.torrents should be saved in your torrents folder by default.

image.png.fef14f426e55f7058266cd155ef9c014.png

Edited by Maverick0984
3 hours ago, Maverick0984 said:

.torrents should be saved in your torrents folder by default.

image.png.fef14f426e55f7058266cd155ef9c014.png

Okay, so I lied a little. I do keep all .torrent files, but I have 11,103 in that folder and I only have ~150 I like to permanently seed. So I'm not really sure how I can easily utilize that.

But I do appreciate the advice! 

Edited by doubley
7 hours ago, 2Piececombo said:

Seems that the webui ONLY works when set to port 8080. changing it to anything else results in not being able to get to the gui. what gives?

taken from my readme:-

Due to issues with CSRF and port mapping, should you require to alter the port for the webui you need to change both sides of the -p 8080 switch AND set the WEBUI_PORT variable to the new port.

For example, to set the port to 8090 you need to set -p 8090:8090 and -e WEBUI_PORT=8090

I am curious, you are obviously able to change qbittorrent settings from the command line during boot/setup. How are you doing this? Using qbittorrent-cli?

I really want to add some trackers to the options menu to be added to every torrent as it currently gets reset anytime the docker is reset (happening a lot with the VPN issues lately).

This can be done with qbittorrent-cli but it does not seem to be installed and not sure how to do that.

3 hours ago, TexasUnraid said:

I am curious, you are obviously able to change qbittorrent settings from the command line during boot/setup. How are you doing this? Using qbittorrent-cli?

I really want to add some trackers to the options menu to be added to every torrent as it currently gets reset anytime the docker is reset (happening a lot with the VPN issues lately).

This can be done with qbittorrent-cli but it does not seem to be installed and not sure how to do that.

using the api, see here for my code on how i do it:-

https://github.com/binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn/blob/4fde9d5b17544d1d0d3b7d4c5577240a72009e8a/run/nobody/qbittorrent.sh#L57-L75

You greatly overestimate my abilities lol.

So it looks like typing qbittorrent_port="${VPN_INCOMING_PORT}" into the console would change the port that qbittorrent listens on.

I tried typing this into the console as a test but just get "qbittorrent_port: command not found"

I tried a bunch of commands from the console and none of the ones I could find online worked, they all just gave a command not found since qbittorrent-cli is not installed.

In unraid there is a button to check for updates to dockers and another button to update them. Alternatively in unraid you can just click force update as well to update even if an update is not detected.

I have no idea how Synolgy is setup, you could try reading up on how that system works to see what the process is.

Edited by TexasUnraid
17 hours ago, TexasUnraid said:

So it looks like typing qbittorrent_port="${VPN_INCOMING_PORT}" into the console would change the port that qbittorrent listens on.

no, these are the important lines:-

https://github.com/binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn/blob/4fde9d5b17544d1d0d3b7d4c5577240a72009e8a/run/nobody/qbittorrent.sh#L69-L70

they use the qbittorrent api to set the port, whether the api can do what you need it to do i couldnt say, you would need to read the qbittorrent documentation for their api.

PIA Finally posted some info on NextGen port-forwarding.  There's 3 official bash scripts here that are available to be pulled via Github.  I thought folks in this thread would be interested.  Please forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/kb/articles/next-generation-port-forwarding

Edited by dtctechs
grammar