binhex

[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

79 posts in this topic Last Reply

9 minutes ago, privateer said:

Every time I restart the container while files are actively downloading it goes through and checks every one of them. Is this supposed to happen? Is there any way to disable this?

The integrity of torrents requires the application to know the files haven't changed. 

5 hours ago, trurl said:

The integrity of torrents requires the application to know the files haven't changed. 

There's no way to safely shutdown to prevent this? If I have hundreds of files running this effectively takes me offline for doing something as simple as updating the container. I'll note that binhex's ruTorrent doesn't do this step either.

10 hours ago, privateer said:

There's no way to safely shutdown to prevent this? If I have hundreds of files running this effectively takes me offline for doing something as simple as updating the container. I'll note that binhex's ruTorrent doesn't do this step either.

looking at the link below, it looks like qbittorrent has an issue shutting down cleanly, it seems to affect both windows and linux, this is most probably the cause of the re-hashing taking place on startup due to unclean shutdown:-

https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5097