[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

1 hour ago, binhex said:

impossible to say without logs, see following link for procedure for generating required logs:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

i have no idea what this means.

Sorry i word no good lol. 

Basically i have a firefox docker from jlesage/firefox. If i run that, it opens up firefox as a browser in a broswer. Browserception.  I can use that firefox in the webui to access qbittorrent. But if i use my regular browser on a computer on the network, i can not access qbittorent. This only started yesterday. .txt is my supervisord.log file, i redacted any private info such as vpn pass and username. Then the pictures show what i mean by firefox within browser.

supervisord.log

fire not working.jpg

Firefox.png

looking at your logs i noticed you havent changed the LAN_NETWORK from the default:-

LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.1.0/24'

and looking at your screenshot you are using a different network, so you need to fix this.

image.png.cef1e9551373699c0d3d3ba023bed944.png

if you dont know how to define this correctly then see Q4 from the following link:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

not sure how this 'only started yesterday' as you wont be able to access the webui at all without it being defined correctly (with vpn enabled). :/

22 hours ago, binhex said:

looking at your logs i noticed you havent changed the LAN_NETWORK from the default:-

LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.1.0/24'

and looking at your screenshot you are using a different network, so you need to fix this.

image.png.cef1e9551373699c0d3d3ba023bed944.png

if you dont know how to define this correctly then see Q4 from the following link:-

not sure how this 'only started yesterday' as you wont be able to access the webui at all without it being defined correctly (with vpn enabled). :/

Could have sworn i wrote back yesterday, but thank you! I can not believe i missed that part. Not sure why it started doing it either. I must have changed something and not realized it. Ty so much again!

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, VoNpo said:

I have tried few of these binhex - torrentvpn apps without any luck.

I can log in webgui if VPN_ENABLED is "no", if set to "yes" page won't load and connection will be time out.

Any help would be appreciated, log file as attachment.

logfile 11.63 kB · 1 download

thats a successful start, what is the ip address of the machine you are using to attempt connection to the qbittorrent web ui?

Everything have a static IP from pfsense router.

unRAiD - 192.168.12.23

PC - 192.168.12.33

Container - 192.168.12.110

I have whole lan wide openvpn client in pfsense router, but that shouldn't effect access to lan traffic? Also I can log in to container if vpn is disabled from container settings. (I need that "double" vpn to get port forward from PIA, because it can't be done easily from pfsense)

EDIT:

SSL certificate is enabled to server if that matters somehow. Followed that video when did it long time ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7iR1EbWqEk

Edited by VoNpo

Tried to enable privoxy. With VPN enabled webqui loads instantly and gives "invalid header received from client."

Does that give any hint what could be a problem?

I also tried to ping containerip:port without any issue, webgui just wont load...

Edited by VoNpo
On 11/11/2019 at 3:32 PM, VoNpo said:

Everything have a static IP from pfsense router.

unRAiD - 192.168.12.23

PC - 192.168.12.33

Container - 192.168.12.110

if you have given the container a static ip using macvlan then this is your issue, this container only supports default bridge or custom bridge, not macvlan.

3 minutes ago, VoNpo said:

Sorry, container ip is set only from settings via "network type -> custom br0"

if you want to use a custom bridge then the network for that custom bridge has to be different to your lan, in your case for example 192.168.13.0/24, if you use the same network range as your lan then you will not be able to access the container.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

if you want to use a custom bridge then the network for that custom bridge has to be different to your lan, in your case for example 192.168.13.0/24, if you use the same network range as your lan then you will not be able to access the container.

can't change that, It will give error "Error response from daemon: Invalid address 192.168.13.110: It does not belong to any of this network's subnets."

EDIT:

I reset my pfsense router to factory defaults and it didn't solve problem. However, I had to add custom options to dns resolver because without it I cannot connect to unraid at all. That custom option is shown in video I linked earlier. (timestamp about 16:50 unRAID SSL)

Custom option:

server:
private-domain: "unraid.net"

So could that unRAID SSL be a problem?

EDIT2:

Disabled SSL from unraid settings without any luck.

Edited by VoNpo

Any idea if this docker has support for the qbittorent web API? (https://pypi.org/project/qbittorrent-api/) I'm asking because I would like to try and run API calls to delete torrents that have been marked as "Unregistered" on the private trackers I'm on. For some reason, QT does not have native support for this and you have to use a script to remove these torrents.

Edited by DazedAndConfused

Hey Binhex! First off... Thx so much for all the dockers you create.

I switched from Transmission to Deluge, back to Transmission and now to qBittorrent. I did so for the support with Organizr.

But when i add qBintorrent to Organizr(v2), firefox gives me a Mixed content blocking warning and i can't load the page. Any idea?

-edit-

Never mind, had to disable the click high jacking

Edited by Tuumke

I try now for over one hour to get access to my unRAID docker qBittorrent service, but with no luck.

I would like to run qBittorrent next to my rTorrent docker img.

The main problem is that if I want to access the qBittorrent GUI, Chrome gives me a Page not Found error....

But I still can access rTorrent and not rTorrent and qBittorrent...

Here an overview from my Docker-page, no conflicting ports, as the install should've failed...

Is it possible, at all, to run qBittorrent and rTorrent on one unRAID system?

Hope someone can help me if it is possible... Thanks!

Clipboard02.jpg

Edited by rikdegraaff
16 minutes ago, rikdegraaff said:

I'm with PIA, but is that the problem?

I still cannot access the qBittorrents GUI page...

Not on any of the ports as shown with my screenschot.

I'll upload the log here, and I have removed my VPN user & VPN pass from the log file.

supervisord.log 726.71 kB · 1 download

i can see from your screen and your log you havent configured lan_network correctly, this is from your log:-

2019-11-19 02:20:21.317692 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.1.0/24'

and from your screenshot i can see your unraid ip is 192.168.2.13 if you dont know how to configure this correctly then see Q4 from the following link:-

I've changed "Container Variable: LAN_NETWORK" from 192.168.1.0/24 to 192.168.2.0/24 as my LAN is always at 192.168.2.x.

But still cannot access the webUI, though I get something black while loading at port 8080...

After the black page, I get page not found, as always.

Even port 2020, 6881, 6882 or 8080 doesn't work.

There isn't anything I need to add after the port number? As uTorrent standardly uses /gui or /webui after the address for the webUI...

Here the new supervisord.log.

Maybe you can find something where I looked over...?

supervisord.log

12 hours ago, rikdegraaff said:

I've changed "Container Variable: LAN_NETWORK" from 192.168.1.0/24 to 192.168.2.0/24 as my LAN is always at 192.168.2.x.

But still cannot access the webUI, though I get something black while loading at port 8080...

After the black page, I get page not found, as always.

Even port 2020, 6881, 6882 or 8080 doesn't work.

There isn't anything I need to add after the port number? As uTorrent standardly uses /gui or /webui after the address for the webUI...

Here the new supervisord.log.

Maybe you can find something where I looked over...?

supervisord.log 24.79 kB · 0 downloads

you have changed your webui_port to 2020, taken from the log:-

WEBUI_PORT=2020

if you want to use port 2020 to access the webui then you need to alter the host AND container port from 8080 to 2020, alternatively change WEBUI_PORT from 2020 back to the default of 8080.

Edited by binhex

Hey guys. Need a hand with something. I am running this command on torrent completion from qbitt:

/usr/bin/unrar e /mnt/user/downloads/%N/*.rar

Basically when radarr or sonarr downloads something with an rar archive, I am using unrar to try and get it to auto extract so they can pick up the file and move it accordingly. However it doesnt seem to work. This is for the qbitt log file:

(N) 2019-11-20T22:04:02 - Download first and last piece first: Off, torrent: 'The.Goldfinch.2019.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS'
(N) 2019-11-20T22:04:02 - 'The.Goldfinch.2019.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS' added to download list.
(N) 2019-11-20T22:05:54 - Torrent: The.Goldfinch.2019.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS, running external program, command: /usr/bin/unrar e /mnt/user/downloads/The.Goldfinch.2019.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS/*.rar

However, there is no .mkv in the directory. But, if I manually run from the terminal:

/usr/bin/unrar e /mnt/user/downloads/The.Goldfinch.2019.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS/*.rar

I get:

...         The.Goldfinch.2019.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS.mkv              
Inappropriate ioctl for device
Write error in the file The.Goldfinch.2019.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS.mkv [R]etry, [A]bort r

So, then i cd into the directory itself and manually run:

unrar e *.rar

And it works fine. 

Any ideas?

Should I try something like:

cd /mnt/user/downloads/%N/ && /usr/bin/unrar e *.rar

Binhex, would you be able to implement qbittorrent-api? At the moment, you are unable to identify torrents that have been removed by a tracker. You have to manually go through each torrent to see whats going on with it. Other clients just put those torrents in an error status but qbittorent does not.

I have asked on their github and was told that using the api would allow me to use scripts to run operations on the client like removing dead torrents.

On 11/23/2019 at 4:18 PM, DazedAndConfused said:

Binhex, would you be able to implement qbittorrent-api? At the moment, you are unable to identify torrents that have been removed by a tracker. You have to manually go through each torrent to see whats going on with it. Other clients just put those torrents in an error status but qbittorent does not.

I have asked on their github and was told that using the api would allow me to use scripts to run operations on the client like removing dead torrents.

you dont install and run that from qbittorrent, you install python on a machine, then install that python module and then start coding away to get it to do what you want, and that module interacts with the existing qbittorrent api.

Edited by binhex
On 11/25/2019 at 11:56 AM, binhex said:

you dont install and run that from qbittorrent, you install python on a machine, then install that python module and then start coding away to get it to do what you want, and that module interacts with the existing qbittorrent api.

Thanks for the tip! I totally misunderstood what this was. I got it setup on my main PC and I was able to make a python script to remove the dead torrents :) 

• Like 1