[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN


binhex

1311 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@binhex Does the container only use a single .ovpn file from the appdata directory for configuration? Can I put all of the PIA port-forwarding capable server .ovpn files in there so that it can try th

Support for multi remote endpoints and PIA 'Next-Gen' networks now complete, see Q19 and Q20 for details:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Create a necessary folder in   \\yourservername\appdata\binhex-qbittorrentvpn\qBittorrent    Create a folder called ssl     Open up terminal and type,  

Posted Images

Update: I have been able to get around this by changing "Strict Port Forward" to No.

 

Changing to France has not fixed the issue to me. Still getting the same error in the log file: 

 

2020-09-09 17:48:09,293 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] PIA endpoint 'france.privateinternetaccess.com' is in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding

 

2020-09-09 17:48:09,293 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:-
[info] ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-berlin.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-frankfurt.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] france.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] czech.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] spain.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ro.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] israel.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] Attempting to get dynamically assigned port...

 

2020-09-09 17:48:10,149 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Exit code '52' from curl != 0 or no response body received
[info] 12 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

 

2020-09-09 17:48:20,542 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Exit code '52' from curl != 0 or no response body received
[info] 11 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

 

2020-09-09 17:48:30,887 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Exit code '52' from curl != 0 or no response body received
[info] 10 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...
 

Edited by Sargie
Link to post
1 hour ago, Sargie said:

Update: I have been able to get around this by changing "Strict Port Forward" to No.

 

Changing to France has not fixed the issue to me. Still getting the same error in the log file: 

 

2020-09-09 17:48:09,293 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] PIA endpoint 'france.privateinternetaccess.com' is in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding

 

2020-09-09 17:48:09,293 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:-
[info] ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-berlin.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-frankfurt.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] france.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] czech.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] spain.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ro.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] israel.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] Attempting to get dynamically assigned port...

 

2020-09-09 17:48:10,149 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Exit code '52' from curl != 0 or no response body received
[info] 12 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

 

2020-09-09 17:48:20,542 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Exit code '52' from curl != 0 or no response body received
[info] 11 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

 

2020-09-09 17:48:30,887 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Exit code '52' from curl != 0 or no response body received
[info] 10 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...
 

hmm, Try one of the other sites

 

[info] de-berlin.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-frankfurt.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] czech.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] spain.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ro.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] israel.privateinternetaccess.com

Edited by Spikerman
Link to post
9 hours ago, Sargie said:

supervisord.logOK - I think this is it.

yep your issue is with PIA, their port forwarding API is intermittent right now, if you see exit code 52 or 56 then its the API not responding, the solution is to keep retrying from the list of support endpoints until you get a port assigned, or alternatively set STRICT_PORT_FORWARD to 'no' (will result in lower speeds).

Link to post

Hey Binhex,

First of all, massive fan of your containers, I use many of then successfully 99% of the time :) 

The 1% is the reason I am now here. Like other users, I cant seem to access the webui as of a recent update. I have tried with
VPN_ENABLED set to no, and still no access.

Please find my supervisord.log attached.

Cheers

supervisord.log

Link to post
1 minute ago, benneb2 said:

Hey Binhex,

First of all, massive fan of your containers, I use many of then successfully 99% of the time :) 

The 1% is the reason I am now here. Like other users, I cant seem to access the webui as of a recent update. I have tried with
VPN_ENABLED set to no, and still no access.

Please find my supervisord.log attached.

Cheers

supervisord.log 28.58 kB · 1 download

thats a successful start, what is the ip address of the machine running the web browser?

Link to post
5 minutes ago, binhex said:

thats a successful start, what is the ip address of the machine running the web browser?

This is the PC im testing it from.
However, id like to also access it from PCs on the 192.168.2.0/24 (over a site of a site to site VPN) Can I add another subnet to LAN_NETWORK?

2020-09-10_18-01-25.png

Link to post
1 minute ago, benneb2 said:

Can I add another subnet to LAN_NETWORK?

yes simply add it with a comma to separate, e.g.:-

 

192.168.1.0/24,192.168.2.0/24

going back to your original issue, try another browser, it could be an extension blocking the ui, also note this:-

Quote

Due to issues with CSRF and port mapping, should you require to alter the port for the webui you need to change both sides of the -p 8080 switch AND set the WEBUI_PORT variable to the new port.

For example, to set the port to 8090 you need to set -p 8090:8090 and -e WEBUI_PORT=8090

 

Link to post
11 minutes ago, binhex said:

yes simply add it with a comma to separate, e.g.:-

 


192.168.1.0/24,192.168.2.0/24

going back to your original issue, try another browser, it could be an extension blocking the ui, also note this:-

 

Thanks for clarification on extra LAN networks. 

 

Have tried another browser in private mode (no extensions) and still no dice. 

 

I do recall attmepting to change the webui port a while back, but thought id changed all the settings back to 8080. 

 

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by 'change both sides of the -p 8080 switch'. How do I go about doing that?

Thanks for your help!!
 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, benneb2 said:

Thanks for clarification on extra LAN networks. 

 

Have tried another browser in private mode (no extensions) and still no dice. 

 

I do recall attmepting to change the webui port a while back, but thought id changed all the settings back to 8080. 

 

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by 'change both sides of the -p 8080 switch'. How do I go about doing that?

Thanks for your help!!
 

i mean you need to change the host port and the container port to both be 8080 (assuming you defined webui_port as 8080), left click and select 'edit' and then screenshot all settings from this screen if you want to confirm is set correctly.

 

 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, binhex said:

i mean you need to change the host port and the container port to both be 8080 (assuming you defined webui_port as 8080), left click and select 'edit' and then screenshot all settings from this screen if you want to confirm is set correctly.

 

 

ah ok. Please see attached screenshot (should have included in original post, apologies) 

port mappings.png

Link to post
6 minutes ago, benneb2 said:

ah ok. Please see attached screenshot (should have included in original post, apologies) 

yeah you dont have port 8080 defined, you must of removed it (its in the template by default), you need to have that port added in order to connect to it, click on 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device' and select 'port' from the dropdown, set container port to 8080 and host port to 8080, click on add and then apply on the main edit screen, wait a minute or two for it to start and attempt web ui connect on port 8080.

Link to post
On 9/6/2020 at 9:29 AM, TexasUnraid said:

After messing with it, it seems that the Montreal server is down or something. I tried Vancouver and it worked but in the past I saw significantly worse performance with it but should work for now. Will try Montreal again at some point.

 

It is still really strange how binhex sabnzb worked with Montreal but qbittorrent did not. I guess that sab does not use port forwarding and that was causing the issue? Could be so many people have moved to Montreal there are no ports left?

I had the same inaccessible webui problem. It's caused by an initialization failure either because port-forwarding fails on the server end or the container script that detects a successfully-forwarded port fails. 

 

Either way, disabling port-forwarding fixed it:

1488442601_ScreenShot2020-09-10at6_27_20AM.thumb.png.dbd8ec7408d52accea8432d70c70a05b.png

Link to post
3 hours ago, binhex said:

yeah you dont have port 8080 defined, you must of removed it (its in the template by default), you need to have that port added in order to connect to it, click on 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device' and select 'port' from the dropdown, set container port to 8080 and host port to 8080, click on add and then apply on the main edit screen, wait a minute or two for it to start and attempt web ui connect on port 8080.

Thanks for that - thought i was missing something!

 

Have some weird behaviour now. The webui loads after about 5 mins, then when attempting to login, it loads forever. 

 

Any ideas?

 

edit: this is in incognito too, so no browser dodginess at play

Edited by benneb2
Link to post
12 hours ago, binhex said:

yep your issue is with PIA, their port forwarding API is intermittent right now, if you see exit code 52 or 56 then its the API not responding, the solution is to keep retrying from the list of support endpoints until you get a port assigned, or alternatively set STRICT_PORT_FORWARD to 'no' (will result in lower speeds).

Thank you!

Link to post

Argh, i'm getting a lot of stalls recently. I swichted to strict_port_forward => No today, since of the PIA issues.

Now im seeing this in the logs:

 

2020-09-11 14:40:27,365 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output: Fri Sep 11 14:40:27 2020 [943625b3bd94d7c42705f8e0c9d3651e] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting
 

Is there any way arround that?

 

Probably something to do with Q17 on https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

It does come back up so i'm guessing just a temporary timeout or sometihng.

Edited by Tuumke
Link to post

@binhex Does the container only use a single .ovpn file from the appdata directory for configuration? Can I put all of the PIA port-forwarding capable server .ovpn files in there so that it can try them until it gets a working API? Just this week I had to change from Montreal to Vancouver to Spain. I didn't know if you have it scripted to try the next ovpn in a sequence.

Link to post
1 hour ago, ChadwickTheCrab said:

@binhex Does the container only use a single .ovpn file from the appdata directory for configuration? Can I put all of the PIA port-forwarding capable server .ovpn files in there so that it can try them until it gets a working API? Just this week I had to change from Montreal to Vancouver to Spain. I didn't know if you have it scripted to try the next ovpn in a sequence.

this would be nice :)

Link to post
10 hours ago, questionbot said:

Seems to be working fine... but what options do I put into the settings of qbittorrent to make it so the webUI is only usable by computers on my local network and not from external networks?

you dont need to do anything, as long as you dont port forward the web ui on your router then it will not be accessible outside of your lan.

Link to post

Hi guys, I'm sorry if this seems repetitive but I'm a little confused trying to link what I'm reading here with my issue.

Pretty sure my issue is related to the PIA server changes but can't figure out anything further...

 

Only when I try using the PIA VPN, I get those logs:

2020-09-16 08:57:29,119 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] PIA endpoint 'ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com' is in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding

2020-09-16 08:57:29,119 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:-
[info] ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-berlin.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] de-frankfurt.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] france.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] czech.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] spain.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] ro.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] israel.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] Attempting to get dynamically assigned port...

2020-09-16 08:57:29,123 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to curl http://209.222.18.222:2000/?client_id=82c6286e81c68d1290dd70c7a466b537ce08a98822f4970c4651a95bca52e3b0...

2020-09-16 08:57:29,150 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Response code 000 from curl != 2xx
[warn] Exit code 56 from curl != 0
[info] 12 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

2020-09-16 08:57:39,234 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Response code 000 from curl != 2xx
[warn] Exit code 56 from curl != 0
[info] 11 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

I've read to try changing servers but no clue how to do that (there is the "name server" field but it only seems to take IPs. I already have several in there but not sure what to change it for...

When I disable VPN, qbittorrent run fine...
My PIA account works fine still...

 

I'm a little lost...

Link to post
11 minutes ago, sfnetwork said:

I've read to try changing servers but no clue how to do that (there is the "name server" field but it only seems to take IPs. I already have several in there but not sure what to change it for...

When I disable VPN, qbittorrent run fine...
My PIA account works fine still...

 

I'm a little lost...


Port forwarding seems to be broken across the board with PIA right now. Your options are:

1) try another server (replace the opn file in your OpenVPN folder with another one from PIA)

2) disable vpn in the container for now (insecure)

3) disable port forwarding in the container settings for now (makes bt very slow)

 

I’ve tried all of the severe and none are working for me. Occasionally I’ll not get a port forwarding error (maybe one out of 10 times), but it doesn’t really work. I personally disabled port forwarding, living with slow speeds, and I’m just keeping my eye on an eventual fix or workaround once PIA finishes moving to their new servers.  

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.