[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN


binhex

1104 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, droopie said:

in the Key 10  config for the container, should i change 192.168.1.0/24 to 192.168.1.1/24 since 192.168.1.1 is my gateway?

No. 192.168.1.0/24 looks like the correct network type. Your gateway address would absolutely be wrong for this variable.

Link to post
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Support for multi remote endpoints and PIA 'Next-Gen' networks now complete, see Q19 and Q20 for details:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

@binhex Does the container only use a single .ovpn file from the appdata directory for configuration? Can I put all of the PIA port-forwarding capable server .ovpn files in there so that it can try th

As we all know, PIA is currently moving their infrastructure, which results in pretty terribly reliability and constant connection issues when using their CurrentGen Network. Today, however, I discove

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

You might try changing the password so that it has no special characters and see if that helps. You can also set strict port forwarding to "No" which will work as a temporary work-around although you might suffer from slower transfer speeds. @droopie reported the same issue earlier today https://forums.unraid.net/topic/75539-support-binhex-qbittorrentvpn/?do=findComment&comment=907356. Sorry but I don't really know the answer for sure. Perhaps someone else will chime in soon.

Thanks so much at least it gets 99% of the way

Link to post

may have found issue how do you change p 8080:8088  to  p8088:8088

 

as in doc

 

Due to issues with CSRF and port mapping, should you require to alter the port for the webui you need to change both sides of the -p 8080 switch AND set the WEBUI_PORT variable to the new port.

For example, to set the port to 8090 you need to set -p 8090:8090 and -e WEBUI_PORT=8090

Link to post
28 minutes ago, erfly7 said:

may have found issue how do you change p 8080:8088  to  p8088:8088

 

as in doc

 

Due to issues with CSRF and port mapping, should you require to alter the port for the webui you need to change both sides of the -p 8080 switch AND set the WEBUI_PORT variable to the new port.

For example, to set the port to 8090 you need to set -p 8090:8090 and -e WEBUI_PORT=8090

You'll need to open the container configurations and remove the existing path setting for 8080. unraid won't allow you to edit it on the container side. Once you have remove the old path scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Add anther path, port, variable or device”. Use these settings if you want to change the port to 8088-

SafariScreenSnapz196.thumb.jpg.572af17df04d3a3ab350517d72e24d08.jpg

 

Name and description aren't important but the rest need to match.

Link to post

Anyone else having this problem: https://github.com/binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn/issues/58

Where the docker just wonts fully start? Where it's just stuck at

2020-10-29 14:12:13,463 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting OpenVPN (non daemonised)...

2020-10-29 14:12:13,555 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Thu Oct 29 14:12:13 2020 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible
Thu Oct 29 14:12:13 2020 OpenVPN 2.4.9 [git:makepkg/9b0dafca6c50b8bb+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Apr 20 2020

2020-10-29 14:12:13,555 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Thu Oct 29 14:12:13 2020 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1g 21 Apr 2020, LZO 2.10

2020-10-29 14:12:13,556 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Thu Oct 29 14:12:13 2020 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

2020-10-29 14:12:13,560 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Thu Oct 29 14:12:13 2020 CRL: loaded 1 CRLs from file [[INLINE]]

2020-10-29 14:12:13,562 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Thu Oct 29 14:12:13 2020 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]156.146.62.193:1198
Thu Oct 29 14:12:13 2020 UDP link local: (not bound)
Thu Oct 29 14:12:13 2020 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]156.146.62.193:1198

-edit-

Seems like switching to nextgen openvpn file fixes this. But says port forward is not enabled. Will this give me any issues?

Edited by Tuumke
Link to post

Has anyone else been getting Out of memory errors when it comes to qbittorent? I've had the max memory set to 2G for the longest time but within the last few weeks I always get a OOM error from Unraid. Even upping the memory to 2.5G still gives OOM. Seems like there is now a memory leak.

 

Oct 29 21:10:58 fractal kernel: Memory cgroup out of memory: Kill process 24455 (qbittorrent-nox) score 984 or sacrifice child

Link to post

Hi,

 

Since the last update, I can't see anything on the WEBUI. I have more than 2 000 torrents files with categorie/tag and all the torrent have a specific folder so I can't just reupload them all. I tried to copy the BT_Backup with the FASTRESUME and Torrents files and put it on an other version but still have the same problem. It's look like the torrent are still seeding, but I can't see anything ...

 

Sans titre.png

Link to post
7 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Hi guys,

 

Latest update also has broken my qBittorrentVPN ¿is there any way to rollback to previous release?

 

Thanks in advance

Sure you can use version tags to install a specific release. Previous releases will no longer work with PIA though (due to changes by PIA). You may want to find out why this docker isn’t working if you do use PIA.

Link to post
1 minute ago, wgstarks said:

Sure you can use version tags to install a specific release. Previous releases will no longer work with PIA though (due to changes by PIA). You may want to find out why this docker isn’t working if you do use PIA.

Hi there,

 

I had the (previous) latest version working fine till now, I just update it and now it won't connect. Tried updating OVPN files without positive result.

 

I have attached the log to see if it's helpful

 

Thanks

qbt log.txt

Link to post

My container also broke with the latest update and I was already using the cipher fallback option that binhex referenced.  Rolled back to the previous image and it started working again.   Then I did the update again, changed my configuration from Vancouver to Ontario, and it worked fine.  There must be some incompatibility between this new version and that server.

 

I've been meaning to switch to Wireguard so I'll try that out too.

Link to post

Hello,

I'm having a mighty struggle over here getting binhex qBittorrentVPN to work with Sonarr. Files download fine using the VPN, but Sonarr is giving the infamous "Import failed, path does not exist" error.

 

I'm using the linuxserver docker of Sonarr, but I tried the binhex variant during my hours of troubleshooting today to no avail.

 

I'm trying to avoid using remote mappings on Sonarr, but I would happily use them if it meant things would work - but thus far they have not.

Here's my current config, which isn't working (though I have SABnzbd working flawlessly):

 

I've changed the /data container path to /downloads (though I've also, as mentioned, tried leaving it to /data and using remote mappings on Sonarr and that didn't work either - more on that later).

 

qbittorrent "downloads":

container path: /downloads

host path: /mnt/user/downloads/complete

 

qbittorrent "incomplete-downloads"

container path: /incomplete-downloads

host path: /mnt/user/downloads/incomplete

 

qbittorrent webui paths:

Default Save Path: /downloads

Keep incomplete torrents in: /incomplete-downloads

 

sonarr "downloads"

container path: /downloads

host path: /mnt/user/downloads/complete

 

It's my understanding that since the qbittorrent "downloads" host path matches the sonarr "downloads" host path I shouldn't have to do any remote mappings. Is this correct?

 

If so, I'm at a complete loss as to why the import is failing.

 

Prior to this current config, I was messing around with more common directory structures such as:

qbittorrent "data":

container path: /data

host path: /mnt/user/downloads/

 

qbittorrent webui paths:

Default Save Path: /data/complete

Keep incomplete torrents in: /data/incomplete

 

sonarr "downloads"

container path: /downloads

host path: /mnt/user/downloads/complete

 

sonarr webui remote mapping:

remote path: /data/complete (also tried /data even though I thought it wouldn't work)

local path: /downloads (also tried /downloads/complete and after changing the host path to /mnt/user/downloads)

 

I've included logs, and my current config as it stands... which doesn't work. Any ideas? I've been through previous forum posts all day but haven't really found my exact set up so I'm really in need for a helping hand.

 

Thank you.

 

qbittorrent-dirs.PNG

 

qbittorrent-seeding.PNG

 

qbittorrent-dockermappings.PNG

 

sonarr-dockermappings.PNG

 

qbittorrent-logs.PNG.2fe02f3c2fd63a37a7a3ea9af147ecab.PNG

 

sonarr-logs..thumb.PNG.c9a7e0ffd6f3c7bfe729607054c6efba.PNG

 

Edited by rbrosnan
formatting
Link to post
5 hours ago, rbrosnan said:

Hello,

I'm having a mighty struggle over here getting binhex qBittorrentVPN to work with Sonarr. Files download fine using the VPN, but Sonarr is giving the infamous "Import failed, path does not exist" error.

 

I'm using the linuxserver docker of Sonarr, but I tried the binhex variant during my hours of troubleshooting today to no avail.

 

I'm trying to avoid using remote mappings on Sonarr, but I would happily use them if it meant things would work - but thus far they have not.

Here's my current config, which isn't working (though I have SABnzbd working flawlessly):

 

I've changed the /data container path to /downloads (though I've also, as mentioned, tried leaving it to /data and using remote mappings on Sonarr and that didn't work either - more on that later).

 

qbittorrent "downloads":

container path: /downloads

host path: /mnt/user/downloads/complete

 

qbittorrent "incomplete-downloads"

container path: /incomplete-downloads

host path: /mnt/user/downloads/incomplete

 

qbittorrent webui paths:

Default Save Path: /downloads

Keep incomplete torrents in: /incomplete-downloads

 

sonarr "downloads"

container path: /downloads

host path: /mnt/user/downloads/complete

 

It's my understanding that since the qbittorrent "downloads" host path matches the sonarr "downloads" host path I shouldn't have to do any remote mappings. Is this correct?

 

If so, I'm at a complete loss as to why the import is failing.

 

Prior to this current config, I was messing around with more common directory structures such as:

qbittorrent "data":

container path: /data

host path: /mnt/user/downloads/

 

qbittorrent webui paths:

Default Save Path: /data/complete

Keep incomplete torrents in: /data/incomplete

 

sonarr "downloads"

container path: /downloads

host path: /mnt/user/downloads/complete

 

sonarr webui remote mapping:

remote path: /data/complete (also tried /data even though I thought it wouldn't work)

local path: /downloads (also tried /downloads/complete and after changing the host path to /mnt/user/downloads)

 

I've included logs, and my current config as it stands... which doesn't work. Any ideas? I've been through previous forum posts all day but haven't really found my exact set up so I'm really in need for a helping hand.

 

Thank you.

 

qbittorrent-dirs.PNG

 

qbittorrent-seeding.PNG

 

qbittorrent-dockermappings.PNG

 

sonarr-dockermappings.PNG

 

qbittorrent-logs.PNG.2fe02f3c2fd63a37a7a3ea9af147ecab.PNG

 

sonarr-logs..thumb.PNG.c9a7e0ffd6f3c7bfe729607054c6efba.PNG

 

 

Its a bug with the latest qbittorrent, revert to "binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:4.2.5-1-12"

Link to post
2 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Can you confirm that this release includes support for PIA NextGen servers?

Answered my own question. Finally figured out how to view the release notes on GitHub for this release. It does include support for next-gen OpenVPN and wireguard on PIA.

Link to post

Quick question.....I think my VPN connection has gotten hosed up so I changed servers, yet, no matter what server I tell the VPN connect to, it always pulls the same IP address, which is an impossibility. Does the VPN portion of the docker get cached somewhere? I've changed the config file in the openvpn folder under qbittorrent multiple times to servers all over the world and no matter what, the IP is always the same. When I change servers on my personal PC outside the docker, the IP changes every time I change to a new state or country. 

 

Any suggestions???

Link to post

stuck on a loop after update

2020-11-04 17:44:53 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1h 22 Sep 2020, LZO 2.10

2020-11-04 17:44:58,550 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-04 17:44:58 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

2020-11-04 17:44:58,550 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-04 17:44:58 CRL: loaded 1 CRLs from file -----BEGIN X509 CRL-----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-----END X509 CRL-----

2020-11-04 17:44:58 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]154.29.131.142:1198
2020-11-04 17:44:58 UDP link local: (not bound)
2020-11-04 17:44:58 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]154.29.131.142:1198

2020-11-04 17:45:00,872 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-04 17:45:00 [dallas412] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]154.29.131.142:1198

2020-11-04 17:45:01,975 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-04 17:45:01 OPTIONS ERROR: failed to negotiate cipher with server. Add the server's cipher ('BF-CBC') to --data-ciphers (currently 'AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM:AES-128-CBC') if you want to connect to this server.

2020-11-04 17:45:01 ERROR: Failed to apply push options

2020-11-04 17:45:01 Failed to open tun/tap interface


2020-11-04 17:45:01,975 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-04 17:45:01 SIGHUP[soft,process-push-msg-failed] received, process restarting


2020-11-04 17:45:01,975 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-04 17:45:01 DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'aes-128-cbc' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM). Future OpenVPN version will ignore --cipher for cipher negotiations. Add 'aes-128-cbc' to --data-ciphers or change --cipher 'aes-128-cbc' to --data-ciphers-fallback 'aes-128-cbc' to silence this warning.


2020-11-04 17:45:01,975 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2020-11-04 17:45:01 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

2020-11-04 17:45:01 OpenVPN 2.5.0 [git:makepkg/a73072d8f780e888+] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Oct 27 2020
2020-11-04 17:45:01 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1h 22 Sep 2020, LZO 2.10

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.