[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

Hello all,

I am new to Unraid so this may be user error but after searching the forums I did not find a clear answer. I have the airvpn config file working with qbittorent and the container starts and I can get into the web GUI, however when I add a torrent the peers populate, and it starts to download at a good rate but falls sharply to zero within a few seconds. Once every few minutes it tries and some data comes through but then it's back to zero. Any thoughts?

Attached is the debug mode supervisor log

binhex-qbittorrent-debug.txt

56 minutes ago, paleghost said:

How do I find the docker run command? The download path is:

/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/downloads/

thank you

Make any change to the container settings and then revert it. Then copy the text in the popup window when you select “Apply”. That’s the run command.

31 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Make any change to the container settings and then revert it. Then copy the text in the popup window when you select “Apply”. That’s the run command.

Thanks Walter

The run command is:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-qbittorrentvpn' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='vpn username' -e 'VPN_PASS'='vpn password' -e 'VPN_PROV'='airvpn' -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='openvpn' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='no' -e 'WEBUI_PORT'='8080' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.1.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1' -e 'ADDITIONAL_PORTS'='' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -p '8118:8118/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/downloads/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn':'/config':'rw' --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn'

cad4cc8399089b529944d361cfd04747e9916c3dba788a7a3cf7381616fc9a6b

So I got this container up and running using openvpn, thanks to wgstarks pointing me in the right direction. Speeds are slow, so now Im trying to get it working under wireguard. I honestly don't know what I'm doing so please go easy on me.

What should my wg0.conf file look like if my VPN servers address is us1.vpn.goldenfrog.com or an example from someone would problly help.

Thanks,

Nathan

Edited by nathan909
3 hours ago, paleghost said:

Thanks Walter

The run command is:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-qbittorrentvpn' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='vpn username' -e 'VPN_PASS'='vpn password' -e 'VPN_PROV'='airvpn' -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='openvpn' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='no' -e 'WEBUI_PORT'='8080' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.1.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1' -e 'ADDITIONAL_PORTS'='' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -p '8118:8118/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/downloads/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn':'/config':'rw' --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn'

cad4cc8399089b529944d361cfd04747e9916c3dba788a7a3cf7381616fc9a6b

According to your run command, your qB download location as set in the application should be /data

Okay so now the problem I am having is with different save locations. How can I add multiple download paths using categories? Like having the movie category automatically move into mnt/user/plex server/movies and mnt/user/plex server/ tv shows? Is this something in the edit portion of the docker container like adding a new path? Also how do I get automatic .torrent adding from a monitored folder to work? Thank you!

44 minutes ago, paleghost said:

How can I add multiple download paths using categories?

Right click on Categories>All in the left side menu bar and you will get a popup that will let you create a new category as well as set a save location. Example: /data/downloads/tvshows/

46 minutes ago, paleghost said:

Also how do I get automatic .torrent adding from a monitored folder to work?

Go to Settings>Downloads. Scroll down to "Automatically add torrents from" and set a Watch folder. Example: /data/watch/

Any torrent files added to this folder will be added to downloads.

Remember the root of these paths must be /data/ (assuming you haven't changed the default in the container settings).

45 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Right click on Categories>All in the left side menu bar and you will get a popup that will let you create a new category as well as set a save location. Example: /data/downloads/tvshows/

Go to Settings>Downloads. Scroll down to "Automatically add torrents from" and set a Watch folder. Example: /data/watch/

Remember the root of these paths must be /data/ (assuming you haven't changed the default in the container settings).

is changing the root as simple as changing it under host path 2 in the container settings?

55 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

okay so how do I go about changing the /data mapping to where I have plex server files mapped to?

Finaly new version qBittorrent v4.3.3 released !

now we can change also folder (directory) of torrent that was unable in webui of previos versions...

BUGFIX: Improve content file/folder names handling (glassez)

waiting for updated docker ...

Thanks again for great docker.

Edited by Masterwishx
update
5 hours ago, Masterwishx said:

Finaly new version qBittorrent v4.3.3 released !

now we can change also folder (directory) of torrent that was unable in webui of previos versions...

BUGFIX: Improve content file/folder names handling (glassez)

waiting for updated docker ...

Thanks again for great docker.

you may not be so keen to get your hands on 4.3.3, seeing reports its buggy:- https://forums.unraid.net/topic/59191-support-linuxserverio-qbittorrent/?do=findComment&comment=937388

5 hours ago, binhex said:

you may not be so keen to get your hands on 4.3.3, seeing reports is buggy:- https://forums.unraid.net/topic/59191-support-linuxserverio-qbittorrent/?do=findComment&comment=937388

yeah its disapoint , i hope they reported to qBittorrent github, i dont have this docker to check ,maybe this is a probem

Edited by Masterwishx
20 hours ago, binhex said:

your vpn provider is not PIA, as can be seen by the remote server, change VPN_PROV to 'custom'.

Thanks for your help, yes that was for a test and has been changed. The container has works perfectly using openvpn just really slow.

I just cant figure out what steps to take to setup wireguard for my vpn provider.

Custom and wireguard are selected in docker setup.

I set the endpoint in the wg0.conf and it added PostUP & Down to file.

I also have both privatekey and publickey saved in the config folder.

My VSP is: us1.vpn.goldenfrog.com

my local ip is 192.168.1.100

my wan is: 47.144.111.1  (for example)

my dns example is xxx.duckdns.org (for example)

and here is my incorrect wg0 config:

[Interface]
PostUp = '/root/wireguardup.sh'
PostDown = '/root/wireguarddown.sh'
SaveConfig = true

[Peer]
Endpoint = us1.vpn.goldenfrog.com:51820
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0, 

what should my config file look like?

On 1/20/2021 at 12:07 PM, binhex said:

you may not be so keen to get your hands on 4.3.3, seeing reports its buggy:- https://forums.unraid.net/topic/59191-support-linuxserverio-qbittorrent/?do=findComment&comment=937388

Hi Binhex, from the posts i understand was a problem  with config of docker itself not qBittorrent v4.3.3 

can you check it and release the last version when you will have the time?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

okay, I know no one here is an expert necessarily in a particular Linux distribution, in this case, Alpine Linux, but

I'm coming up short on google-fu trying to get arch-qbittorrentvpn (and other related docker images) working

I had a docker-compose that launched correctly and worked on Alpine 3.12 (after installing all the docker related stuff I needed to make it work)

I upgraded my Alpine to 3.13, and now, its broken. I even went as far as doing a fresh install in another with a base install of Alpine 3.13.1 to see if the upgrade borked something, and I can report similar errors firing my docker-compose yaml script.

I've attached the yaml file and the errors thrown at the command line.

Does anyone have any idea where I can begin? Did something fundamentally change between alpine 3.12 and 3.13?

docker-compose.yaml docker-compose-errors.txt