[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

binhex

1187 posts in this topic Last Reply

I'm having a heck of a time setting up this container to use a different webui_port.

I've tried changing "Host Port 3" and "Container Variable: WEBUI_PORT" to 8090, that didn't work, then I came here.

so next tried, deleting "Host Port 3" and adding another "Port", setting both container and Host to 8090, which i though is what was suggested here, but that didn't work either. 

Did i miss something?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Support for multi remote endpoints and PIA 'Next-Gen' networks now complete, see Q19 and Q20 for details:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

@binhex Does the container only use a single .ovpn file from the appdata directory for configuration? Can I put all of the PIA port-forwarding capable server .ovpn files in there so that it can try th

As we all know, PIA is currently moving their infrastructure, which results in pretty terribly reliability and constant connection issues when using their CurrentGen Network. Today, however, I discove

Posted Images

22 hours ago, binhex said:

see recommended post at the top of the page and follow the instructions

Thanks for the guidance and input. I was having troubles getting the docker to restart and simply looking at the Supervisord.log pointed me to the issue. The new openvpn files I copied over had the wrong extension. When I edited it the extension didn't change properly. Now it appears to be working again.

Now to getting all the torrents back loaded in. I appreciate you pointing me to the .log file. :)

On 1/17/2021 at 11:42 AM, wgstarks said:

Probably should attach the supervisord log to your next post. Be sure to remove users and passwords.

Sorry about that, I though i just might have been missing a step.

Here it is, thanks for your help!

BTW I'm a novice here 

Edited by nathan909
removed long log
2 hours ago, nathan909 said:

Sorry about that, I though i just might have been missing a step.

Here it is, thanks for your help!

The server you have selected does not support port forwarding. Choose another from the list shown in the log.

Hi Binhex

qBittorrent v4.3.2 release was 3 week ago.

today i updated binhex - qBittorrentVPN and still having v 4.3.1  in about into docker

in you docker page i saw pulled 4.3.2-1-01 ...

so is the new docker should be with the new version of qBittorrent 4.3.2 ?

p.s.  Thanks for great docker

Hello all,

I am new to Unraid so this may be user error but after searching the forums I did not find a clear answer. I have the airvpn config file working with qbittorent and the container starts and I can get into the web GUI, however when I add a torrent the peers populate, and it starts to download at a good rate but falls sharply to zero within a few seconds. Once every few minutes it tries and some data comes through but then it's back to zero. Any thoughts?

Attached is the debug mode supervisor log

binhex-qbittorrent-debug.txt

5 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Post your docker run command and a screenshot of your download path in qB.

How do I find the docker run command? The download path is:

/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/downloads/

thank you

56 minutes ago, paleghost said:

How do I find the docker run command? The download path is:

/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/downloads/

thank you

Make any change to the container settings and then revert it. Then copy the text in the popup window when you select “Apply”. That’s the run command.

31 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Make any change to the container settings and then revert it. Then copy the text in the popup window when you select “Apply”. That’s the run command.

Thanks Walter

The run command is:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-qbittorrentvpn' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='vpn username' -e 'VPN_PASS'='vpn password' -e 'VPN_PROV'='airvpn' -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='openvpn' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='no' -e 'WEBUI_PORT'='8080' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.1.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1' -e 'ADDITIONAL_PORTS'='' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -p '8118:8118/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/downloads/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn':'/config':'rw' --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn'

cad4cc8399089b529944d361cfd04747e9916c3dba788a7a3cf7381616fc9a6b

So I got this container up and running using openvpn, thanks to wgstarks pointing me in the right direction. Speeds are slow, so now Im trying to get it working under wireguard. I honestly don't know what I'm doing so please go easy on me.

What should my wg0.conf file look like if my VPN servers address is us1.vpn.goldenfrog.com or an example from someone would problly help.

Thanks,

Nathan

Edited by nathan909
3 hours ago, paleghost said:

Thanks Walter

The run command is:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-qbittorrentvpn' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='vpn username' -e 'VPN_PASS'='vpn password' -e 'VPN_PROV'='airvpn' -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='openvpn' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='no' -e 'WEBUI_PORT'='8080' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.1.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1' -e 'ADDITIONAL_PORTS'='' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '6881:6881/tcp' -p '6881:6881/udp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -p '8118:8118/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/downloads/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn':'/config':'rw' --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn'

cad4cc8399089b529944d361cfd04747e9916c3dba788a7a3cf7381616fc9a6b

According to your run command, your qB download location as set in the application should be /data

Okay so now the problem I am having is with different save locations. How can I add multiple download paths using categories? Like having the movie category automatically move into mnt/user/plex server/movies and mnt/user/plex server/ tv shows? Is this something in the edit portion of the docker container like adding a new path? Also how do I get automatic .torrent adding from a monitored folder to work? Thank you!

44 minutes ago, paleghost said:

How can I add multiple download paths using categories?

Right click on Categories>All in the left side menu bar and you will get a popup that will let you create a new category as well as set a save location. Example: /data/downloads/tvshows/

46 minutes ago, paleghost said:

Also how do I get automatic .torrent adding from a monitored folder to work?

Go to Settings>Downloads. Scroll down to "Automatically add torrents from" and set a Watch folder. Example: /data/watch/

Any torrent files added to this folder will be added to downloads.

Remember the root of these paths must be /data/ (assuming you haven't changed the default in the container settings).

45 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Right click on Categories>All in the left side menu bar and you will get a popup that will let you create a new category as well as set a save location. Example: /data/downloads/tvshows/

Go to Settings>Downloads. Scroll down to "Automatically add torrents from" and set a Watch folder. Example: /data/watch/

Remember the root of these paths must be /data/ (assuming you haven't changed the default in the container settings).

is changing the root as simple as changing it under host path 2 in the container settings?

55 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

okay so how do I go about changing the /data mapping to where I have plex server files mapped to?

3 minutes ago, paleghost said:

okay so how do I go about changing the /data mapping to where I have plex server files mapped to?

You would edit the path in the docker. Change the HOST PATH to match whatever location you use for Plex.

On 1/17/2021 at 8:50 PM, nathan909 said:

VPN_PROV defined as 'pia'

On 1/17/2021 at 8:50 PM, nathan909 said:

VPN remote server(s) defined as 'us1.vyprvpn.com,'

your vpn provider is not PIA, as can be seen by the remote server, change VPN_PROV to 'custom'.

Finaly new version qBittorrent v4.3.3 released !

now we can change also folder (directory) of torrent that was unable in webui of previos versions...

BUGFIX: Improve content file/folder names handling (glassez)

waiting for updated docker ...

Thanks again for great docker.

Edited by Masterwishx
update
5 hours ago, Masterwishx said:

Finaly new version qBittorrent v4.3.3 released !

now we can change also folder (directory) of torrent that was unable in webui of previos versions...

BUGFIX: Improve content file/folder names handling (glassez)

waiting for updated docker ...

Thanks again for great docker.

you may not be so keen to get your hands on 4.3.3, seeing reports its buggy:- https://forums.unraid.net/topic/59191-support-linuxserverio-qbittorrent/?do=findComment&comment=937388