[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

4 hours ago, binhex said:

IMPORTANT:- As part of the tightening up if you run multiple containers through a single vpn container then please ensure you define all web ui ports (if more than 1 port then use comma to separate) for all routed containers in 'ADDITIONAL_PORTS' env var for the vpn container.

Maybe I’m a little dense today. Not quite sure what containers this refers to. I don’t have any that are using a piggyback network through your vpn (as described in the video) but I do have several that connect through the privoxy port on this container (Sonarr, Radarr and Jackett). Do I need to add their webUI ports to additional_ports?

23 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Maybe I’m a little dense today. Not quite sure what containers this refers to. I don’t have any that are using a piggyback network through your vpn (as described in the video) but I do have several that connect through the privoxy port on this container (Sonarr, Radarr and Jackett). Do I need to add their webUI ports to additional_ports?

In a word, no 

22 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

I do have several that connect through the privoxy port on this container (Sonarr, Radarr and Jackett). Do I need to add their webUI ports to additional_ports?

No. Only if you removed the network type from the container and added --net=container....

If you are still using bridge or host for the container and specifying privoxy inside the app you don't need to do anything else.

2 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

After updating qbittorrent all the indexers and jackets are now unable to connect. I just get a 503 error. I had tried adding their webui ports prior to your reply. Ive removed that setting now. Still getting the same error though. Ive attached the sonarr logs but they all show the same error.

sonarr.txt 20.26 kB · 0 downloads

I had the same problem guessing you have the same setup that I had, in the host URL for the indexers and download client I switched from my lan IP to use the docker IP.

Run ifconfig -a on unraids terminal and look for docker0 up near the top, swap in that address and you should be good.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Mark said:

I had the same problem guessing you have the same setup that I had, in the host URL for the indexers and download client I switched from my lan IP to use the docker IP.

Run ifconfig -a on unraids terminal and look for docker0 up near the top, swap in that address and you should be good.

Thanks. That fixed it. Hadn’t realized how many settings in Sonarr and Radarr used the IP. A real pain just to find them all.

1 hour ago, Mark said:

you shouldnt need to do this, and of course its prone to breakage as the ip could change, i just tested this with latest sonarr and qbittorrentvpn and i can add in a download client of qbittorrent and give it my host ip and it works straight off!, what network are you guys using for qbittorrentvpn, bridge or something else?.

9 minutes ago, binhex said:

you shouldnt need to do this, and of course its prone to breakage as the ip could change, i just tested this with latest sonarr and qbittorrentvpn and i can add in a download client of qbittorrent and give it my host ip and it works straight off!, what network are you guys using for qbittorrentvpn, bridge or something else?.

All of mine are set to bridge, I'm using your qbit vpn image with privoxy enabled and I use linuxserver jackett/sonarr/radarr. They're all set to use privoxy in their respective proxy settings pages. Inside sonarr and radarr for the download client / indexer settings I used to have a 192.168.1.x address that was the unraid server IP, after the update all traffic was blocked. Thinking out loud here, with the applications set to use privoxy they forward traffic through the qbit container and some change has now disabled the lan IP and default port from being reachable?

25 minutes ago, Mark said:

some change has now disabled the lan IP and default port from being reachable?

i dont believe so, no, all traffic from any other container is permitted, as well as that anything on your defined LAN_NETWORK is also permitted, which leads me onto my next question, what is your defined LAN_NETWORK ? i suspect its not correct.

41 minutes ago, binhex said:

i dont believe so, no, all traffic from any other container is permitted, as well as that anything on your defined LAN_NETWORK is also permitted, which leads me onto my next question, what is your defined LAN_NETWORK ? i suspect its not correct.

192.168.1.0/24

I disabled the proxy in sonarr and changed the IP back to the servers 192 address and that worked, reenabled the proxy and dead again. I went in to the running qbit container and had a poke around, I can ping unraids 192.x address successfully, tried curl but no joy same behaviour as the containers like it's hanging. I haven't verified that works on the older image though, can try that tomorrow if it helps.

Can confirm that with this latest update Sonarr/Radarr can't connect to qBittorrent if you're using Privoxy. I disabled the proxy settings on both Sonarr and Radarr and it immediately was able to connect to qBittorrent again. If it matters, I'm using both Binhex Radarr and Sonarr and all of it is on the same custom network type.

Using this container (which I've renamed vpn) I create a new network with the following command and route all related containers through it:

docker network create container:vpn

330861103_ScreenShot2021-02-26at8_24_30AM.png.973ce9ec4a062568fbf4bba19d9d3432.png

It's straightforward and (from what I can tell) works reliably, no issues with the latest update.

Many seem to use proxies instead - are there advantages to that method?

2 hours ago, Oogbal said:

Can confirm that with this latest update Sonarr/Radarr can't connect to qBittorrent if you're using Privoxy. I disabled the proxy settings on both Sonarr and Radarr and it immediately was able to connect to qBittorrent again. If it matters, I'm using both Binhex Radarr and Sonarr and all of it is on the same custom network type.

Q26:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

• Thanks 2
23 minutes ago, CS01-HS said:

Many seem to use proxies instead - are there advantages to that method?

the only advantage over what you are doing is that with a proxy you dont have to care about start order, whereas you do have to ensure the 'VPN' starts first, thats pretty much it though, personally i prefer what you are doing, its a lot easier to understand and manage than multiple connections to a proxy server, but i allow people to choose the method that suits them.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, binhex said:

I was having the same issue this AM (proxy was set up on Radarr and Sonarr, not Jackett, and everything stopped working). 100% fixed via your FAQ linked above as I removed the config from Radarr and Sonarr and added HTTP Proxy settings to Jackett, directing it at the DelugeVPN container's proxy port, while also adding the Jackett port to Container Variable: ADDITIONAL_PORTS within Deluge's docker image settings.

Hope this helps someone else! And @binhex, you are incredible. Thank you for all you do for us!

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, ChadwickTheCrab said:

After this recent update I noticed my radarr/sonarr wasnt working either. I can't even get to the qbit webui anymore.

A2 solved my webui problem. I was trying away from home via Wireguard. I tested using remote desktop to my PC on the LAN and my PC could access the web ui. I used the instructions and now can connect from my Wireguard network.

A26, first suggestion, solved my download client connection problems.

Thanks @binhex!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ChadwickTheCrab said:

A2 solved my webui problem. I was trying away from home via Wireguard. I tested using remote desktop to my PC on the LAN and my PC could access the web ui. I used the instructions and now can connect from my Wireguard network.

A26, first suggestion, solved my download client connection problems.

Thanks @binhex!

I just realized I'm only now successful connecting to the webgui (on the 192.168.1.0/24 network) over my reverse proxy. I still can't connect from Wireguard (this network is 192.168.2.0/24). I tried changing the LAN_NETWORK to 192.168.1.0/16 thinking that would work and allow IPs ranging from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.255. If I'm using the console of the VPN container, I can't ping clients on the Wireguard network. At least I can get to the webgui from outside my lan via reverse proxy but I'd still like to understand the iptables stuff going on here. Any insight, @binhex or anyone else?

Hey guys... I'm running this docker and running a few others through it to share the VPN connection.. so all the internet tragic is going through this one.. it has been working fine for ages... but suddenly I can no longer access thee webUIs of the dockers using it.. I made a detailed post about it here...

I thought I would cross post it over here in case BinHex (as all the dockers apart form NZBget are BinHex) may have some bug in the last set up updates or something?

If anyone has any idea of what is going on or a better way to go about this I could switch to.. I would be regally appreciative as I mainly use unraid as a media server, and at the moment it has not usable : (

Hey guys... I'm running this docker and running a few others through it to share the VPN connection.. so all the internet tragic is going through this one.. it has been working fine for ages... but suddenly I can no longer access thee webUIs of the dockers using it.. I made a detailed post about it here...

I thought I would cross post it over here in case BinHex (as all the dockers apart form NZBget are BinHex) may have some bug in the last set up updates or something?

If anyone has any idea of what is going on or a better way to go about this I could switch to.. I would be regally appreciative as I mainly use unraid as a media server, and at the moment it has not usable : (

Read recommended post at the top of this thread

Sent from my iPlay_40 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, questionbot said:

Read the faq. Q25.

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md