[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

Hi guys, I am looking for a bit of information about this container & could not find anything super relevant to my case. Is there something in this container blocking other subnets from accessing the webui? My desktop is on another subnet and cannot access the webui unless I am on the same subnet. My other containers webui's are all accessible. Is there a way to allow other subnets to access it? Thanks.

30 minutes ago, mxbepis said:

Hi guys, I am looking for a bit of information about this container & could not find anything super relevant to my case. Is there something in this container blocking other subnets from accessing the webui? My desktop is on another subnet and cannot access the webui unless I am on the same subnet. My other containers webui's are all accessible. Is there a way to allow other subnets to access it? Thanks.

IIRC you can enter multiple networks for LAN_NETWORK. Try just entering your subnets separated by a comma.

55 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

IIRC you can enter multiple networks for LAN_NETWORK. Try just entering your subnets separated by a comma.

Why do I always try the hardiest solutions first ffs. I spent hours playing with firewall rules, switching ports, and switching between VLANS. Thank you so much. Adding the second network to LAN_NETWORK did work.

1 hour ago, mxbepis said:

1 hour ago, wgstarks said:

@binhex maybe you could add this to the faq? Or maybe it’s already there and I just missed it.😁

It looks like an update might have reset some settings and now my torrents are extremely slow. I am trying to configure port forwarding but can't figure out how to make the settings stick. I keep getting a random torrent port. Using the gui doesn't seem to work and I must be editing the config file wrong because it doesn't either. Any suggestions?

Edit: I think PIA is providing a different bind port and one the the docker scripts is changing it. My router is crap so I need static port forwarding rules. How can I fix this?

Edit: I also just tried changing to a different server with no success.

LAST EDIT: Not sure what the issue was but deleting the config folder and starting over worked for me.

Edited by bobbintb

I am having trouble with my configuration. Running archdelugeVPN on a synology NAS. It is sucessessfully connecting to PIA and I can successfully connect other containers to it to run through it's VPN. So far so good.

My issue is (or at least presents) with Deluge, where often it will get the desired outcome (i.e. successfully download the target torrent) but often seems to have problems connecting to seeds/peers, which sometimes leads to torrent just stalling, even though from all accounts there are plenty of seeds/peers (I just can't connect to them).

The following snippets from "Deluged.log" show some of the common errors I see:

1. On startup

14:45:59 [INFO    ][deluge.core.torrentmanager    :1630] on_alert_external_ip: 179.61.228.81
14:46:00 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :171 ] Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:53324
14:46:00 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :197 ] Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
14:46:04 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :171 ] Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:53516
14:46:04 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :197 ] Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
14:46:08 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :171 ] Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:53762
14:46:08 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :197 ] Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
14:46:09 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :171 ] Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:53864
14:46:28 [INFO    ][deluge.core.torrentmanager    :1630] on_alert_external_ip: 179.61.228.81

2. Other times when I have stalled torrents I get messages like:

... perfomax outstanding piece requests reached, outstanding_request_limit_reached

or

... performance warning: max outstanding piece requests reached, outstanding_request_limit_reached

or

... performance warning too few ports allowed for outgoing connections too_few_outgoing_ports

I feel like it's surely something simple I need to change, but I have done a lot of fiddling with settings and config and cannot for the life of me improve the situation.

If anyone can point me in the right direction (or even give me ideas on where to look / what to do to try and troubleshoot (e.g. increase logging levels, post config files here for review, etc) I would be very grateful.

On 1/21/2022 at 3:30 AM, binhex said:

i think there is some confusion here, so you need to set 'variable' (not 'port') with key name WEBUI_PORT and the 'value' has to be the port number you want, this variable should already exist, you want to set the value to 8081. next up you need to 'remove' the 'port' for 8080 for this container, then add a 'port' and set it to 8081 for 'container port' and 'host port', dont worry about setting anything else. last step is to edit the 'WebUI' entry (requires 'advanced view' toggled on) and set the port to 8081 (see my previous screenshot above). 

if you are still stuck then switch on 'advanced view' and post a screenshot showing all settings, mask out username and password though.

I started over and used this guidance, made some progress. But now I think I'm having the same issue as @Blairwin. If I type in myip:8081 it'll bring up the new instance of qbit. Going to WebUI just brings me to myip:8080 with the original container. I've tested in multiple browsers and restarted unraid with no change. I've attached my settings just in case I'm missing something as well. If I'm not it's certainly not ideal but I guess at least it'll get the job done for now. 

qbit01.thumb.PNG.fe1a657bcee436b289898a3dd39b81b7.PNG

qbit02.thumb.PNG.b08a69d8916b7be7f64fec8bbf5fc0f3.PNG

qbit03.thumb.PNG.7d55cf6fd7a4d5d2e33235cff619d530.PNG

qbit04.PNG.b6cfd333c9ac566d35ab97faf6669761.PNG

qbit05.PNG.8aeae17fba07da78518b1eeff2214a15.PNG

Well I was wrong, something still isn't right. I configured everything last night, set my categories, added a handful of torrents that downloaded and were seeding, now upon opening it today that is all gone. Interestingly in the appdata folder there is also a downloads folder with only one torrent file saved in it. Not sure if it downloaded before I configured everything or what? 

7 minutes ago, Matt0925 said:

Well I was wrong, something still isn't right. I configured everything last night, set my categories, added a handful of torrents that downloaded and were seeding, now upon opening it today that is all gone. Interestingly in the appdata folder there is also a downloads folder with only one torrent file saved in it. Not sure if it downloaded before I configured everything or what? 

What do you have set for the save downloads location in the app settings?

20 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

What do you have set for the save downloads location in the app settings?

/downloads/complete/ is how it is set in the web UI. In the configuration I have /downloads set as /mnt/user/downloads/

I should add that I had downloaded 10-15 torrents and this is the only one that ended up in there, so it is very possible I might have selected the wrong path for it when I set the category 

Edited by Matt0925
On 1/28/2022 at 7:38 PM, wgstarks said:

For some reason, this nor longer works for me, in a very odd way I might add.

Originally, all 3 subnets could access the WEBUI, 10.0.0.0/24,10.1.0.0/24,10.2.0.0/24, however now, I can only access the WEBUI via the 10.1.0.0 subnet, which isn't even the main lan subnet.

Any particular reason this may be happening? Super annoying not being able to access it without having to connect via VPN

10 minutes ago, Matt0925 said:

/downloads/complete/ is how it is set in the web UI. In the configuration I have /downloads set as /mnt/user/downloads/

I should add that I had downloaded 10-15 torrents and this is the only one that ended up in there, so it is very possible I might have selected the wrong path for it when I set the category 

It needs to be /data/complete since that is the container path you have configured is /data in the docker.

6 hours ago, TheOgre said:

For some reason, this nor longer works for me, in a very odd way I might add.

Originally, all 3 subnets could access the WEBUI, 10.0.0.0/24,10.1.0.0/24,10.2.0.0/24, however now, I can only access the WEBUI via the 10.1.0.0 subnet, which isn't even the main lan subnet.

Any particular reason this may be happening? Super annoying not being able to access it without having to connect via VPN

this is highly unlikely to just stop working, there have been no code changes whatsoever in this area for a very long time!. what is the value of LAN_NETWORK now?.

16 hours ago, wgstarks said:

It needs to be /data/complete since that is the container path you have configured is /data in the docker.

I've got it set the same way the my instance of qBit is, it's had zero problems putting files in the correct place. Unfortunately I need to figure out first why my torrents and categories disappeared before I worry about where they are being saved

17 hours ago, binhex said:

this is highly unlikely to just stop working, there have been no code changes whatsoever in this area for a very long time!. what is the value of LAN_NETWORK now?.

The value now is simply

10.0.0.0/24,10.1.0.0/24

The first is the actual LAN the server is on, and the second is the WireGaurd pool. Only when connected via WireGaurd can I access the webUI.

I would also like to add I tried 10.0.0.0/8 but that resulted in some pretty container breaking issues as it was trying to pull API requests from a local IP at that point.

Edited by TheOgre
7 hours ago, TheOgre said:

The value now is simply

10.0.0.0/24,10.1.0.0/24

The first is the actual LAN the server is on, and the second is the WireGaurd pool. Only when connected via WireGaurd can I access the webUI.

ok so just to confirm this, whats the lan ip of your unraid server and whats the ip of the machine you are running the web browser from when attempting to access the qbittorrent web ui?

14 hours ago, Matt0925 said:

I've got it set the same way the my instance of qBit is, it's had zero problems putting files in the correct place. Unfortunately I need to figure out first why my torrents and categories disappeared before I worry about where they are being saved

are you running 4.4.0?, if so roll back to 4.3.9, 4.4.0 has multiple issues including category related problems. secondly you need to fix that path asap!, if you dont then you risk filling up your docker image file which will lead to other issues, do as @wgstarks suggests.

Hi! I'm getting alot of issues since yesterday with my Qbit when trying to access the GUI, the docker seems to be running for a few seconds then suddenly stopping the service ( The container is still up and running and not showing that it's stopped ) 

Here's the log of the container i'm getting. And this keeps repeating itself every 2nd minute. Dont know what the issue can be as i havent done anything for atleast 6 months when it comes to the container. Tried also restarting my Unraid Host as last resort.

Also checking the Qbittorrent.log under Appdata doesnt say much either, doesnt give any errors or so on! The other containers work great, the VPN is also up and running. But there seems to be an issue with the WebGUI by starting

Also checked "LAN_Networks" and i've got 192.168.1.0/24 added. This just started yesterday, and nothing has been changed. So i really dont know what's going on right now!

2022-02-02 17:21:29,544 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] qBittorrent not running

[info] Removing session lock file (if it exists)...

2022-02-02 17:21:29,549 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start qBittorrent...

2022-02-02 17:21:29,592 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] qBittorrent process started

[info] Waiting for qBittorrent process to start listening on port 8980...

2022-02-02 17:21:29,699 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] qBittorrent process listening on port 8980

2022-02-02 17:21:29,549 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2022-02-02 17:21:29,699 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2022-02-02 17:21:59,767 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2022-02-02 17:21:59,767 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2022-02-02 17:21:59,771 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2022-02-02 17:21:59,817 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2022-02-02 17:21:59,924 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

Edited by Philippek90
added more information about Log from Appdata
5 hours ago, binhex said:

are you running 4.4.0?, if so roll back to 4.3.9, 4.4.0 has multiple issues including category related problems. secondly you need to fix that path asap!, if you dont then you risk filling up your docker image file which will lead to other issues, do as @wgstarks suggests.

No, both instances are on 4.3.9-2-01. 

Why would this be an issue for the second instance but not the first? First instance has the same path set up but always puts it in my /downloads folder rather than appdata. I did forgot to adjust settings in the webUI before downloading the first torrent, so it's possible it was that one. Now that I've added the correct path no further torrents went under appdata. 

Any thoughts on why all my torrents and settings disappeared however? 

11 hours ago, binhex said:

are you running 4.4.0?, if so roll back to 4.3.9

How would I do that?

I am using binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn in Docker for Windows, Linux containers.

So far Docker is trial and error for me. Mostly error. ;)

Thanks

Edit

Found the answer in this post. Thanks @SelfSD

For anyone else who may have to google how to downgrade their docker container; edit the container and change "Repository" to "binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:4.3.9-2-01" without the quotes.

Edited by Angus.Black
Found the answer
17 hours ago, binhex said:

ok so just to confirm this, whats the lan ip of your unraid server and whats the ip of the machine you are running the web browser from when attempting to access the qbittorrent web ui?

unRAID is on 10.0.0.35, qbittorrent is 10.0.0.36 on br0, accessing it from a PC or mobile produces same result, so we'll go with mobile for now. Phone is 10.0.0.15 static and cannot access, 10.1.0.2 on WireGaurd and has access.

I would like to confirm that I have no changed any LAN_NETWORK settings or configuration to qbittorrent other than updating the docker container, same for WireGaurd, it's been a set it and forget it installation as far as configuring since I had it working. An update occured at some point that broke it for me a while ago, just got around to diagnosing it.

Edited by TheOgre
On 2/2/2022 at 10:31 PM, TheOgre said:

unRAID is on 10.0.0.35, qbittorrent is 10.0.0.36 on br0, accessing it from a PC or mobile produces same result, so we'll go with mobile for now. Phone is 10.0.0.15 static and cannot access, 10.1.0.2 on WireGaurd and has access.

I would like to confirm that I have no changed any LAN_NETWORK settings or configuration to qbittorrent other than updating the docker container, same for WireGaurd, it's been a set it and forget it installation as far as configuring since I had it working. An update occured at some point that broke it for me a while ago, just got around to diagnosing it.

Just as an update to this, the issues seem to be randomly getting worse and only with this container. Privoxy is now not allowing connections even though the log shows it is listening on 8118, radarr, sonarr, nor jackett can connect to privoxy, and now they're having issues connecting to qbittorrent just like I am on my local LAN, using WireGaurd allows me to access the webUI to qbittorrent.

Have tried removing everything from LAN_NETWORK except 10.0.0.0/24 and it does change the fact I cannot access anything via WireGaurd, but it's still not allowing LAN access. 

Have also deleted and reconfigured the entire appdata folder.

As a side note, is there a way to update the docker template in the unRAID UI? It seems the only way I can get an updated template is deleting the container, then redownloading it from the Apps tab.