[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

14 minutes ago, binhex said:

im assuming by this you mean you are using a custom bridge right?, if so this is not supported, you need to switch it back to the default, which is simply 'Bridge'.

Odd that it's worked in custom bridge mode for over a year and a half and suddenly has had issues, changing this setting has fixed everything.... Thanks!

On 2/2/2022 at 10:33 AM, Matt0925 said:

No, both instances are on 4.3.9-2-01. 

Why would this be an issue for the second instance but not the first? First instance has the same path set up but always puts it in my /downloads folder rather than appdata. I did forgot to adjust settings in the webUI before downloading the first torrent, so it's possible it was that one. Now that I've added the correct path no further torrents went under appdata. 

Any thoughts on why all my torrents and settings disappeared however? 

So I never got it to work properly by assigning new ports, couldn't figure out why my torrents and categories were vanishing. The one torrent file in the wrong location was a simple fix. I just had downloaded one before changing the save location in the webUI. 

In any case, I set up a second instance as br0 instead and assigned it a separate IP address. Not how I wanted it handled but not like I'm going to run out of addresses I can assign any time soon, so really not a big deal. Knock on wood, it seems to be running fine now. Added torrents that are still seeding, categories and everything is still in place a day later, even after a reset. I think we are finally good.

If I wanted to run both qBittorrentvpn and Delugevpn on the same server what do I need to consider? I run deluge now, and just installed qb and am getting a server error. Was curious if both using pots 8118 as a host port would cause an issue, otherwise I used the predefined host ports for the others, which are different and no other containers are using those ports. 

16 minutes ago, ctrl-z said:

If I wanted to run both qBittorrentvpn and Delugevpn on the same server what do I need to consider? I run deluge now, and just installed qb and am getting a server error. Was curious if both using pots 8118 as a host port would cause an issue, otherwise I used the predefined host ports for the others, which are different and no other containers are using those ports. 

Definitely have to make sure none of the ports overlap as you'll only be accessing them via the HOST IP, just make sure the first 2 variable ports are the same for each container (UDP/TCP respectively)

16 hours ago, TheOgre said:

Definitely have to make sure none of the ports overlap as you'll only be accessing them via the HOST IP, just make sure the first 2 variable ports are the same for each container (UDP/TCP respectively)

Thanks! The only two ports that overlap on these are port 8118, which it seems is required to use privoxy. 

" This Docker includes OpenVPN and WireGuard to ensure a secure and private connection to the Internet, including use of iptables to prevent IP leakage when the tunnel is down. It also includes Privoxy to allow unfiltered access to index sites, to use Privoxy please point your application at "http://host ip:8118"."

Is it possibel to assign a different port to use Privoxy or am i going to need to use a different setup. Main use case is to seperate video media from audio and print media - using different download clients for each. 

58 minutes ago, ctrl-z said:

Is it possibel to assign a different port to use Privoxy or am i going to need to use a different setup. Main use case is to seperate video media from audio and print media - using different download clients for each. 

You should only need to enable privoxy on one and just point all the other apps to it.

After doing some research, there's a feature that the qbt devs changed sometime between version 4.2.1 and 4.2.5+. It was the ability to put individual torrents in individual folders with the torrent name. anything 4.2.5 and up, they changed to "create subfolder" which doesn't include the torrent name. This presents issues in sonarr import under certain circumstances. I haven't seen this feature anywhere else.

In any case, i'm wondering how hard it would be to make a new container based on the current image (wireguard and all) with 4.2.1 instead of the current 4.4.0? i tried rolling back but it seems at the time the container template must've been different, and was only OVPN (terribly slow compared to wireguard). Thoughts?

Edited by Cpt. Chaz
21 hours ago, Gursh said:

Hi guys, I have been having an issue when I turn the VPN on. The UI doesnt work when VPN is enabled but when I ran the ipconfig the IP did change so I know the VPN is working, I think. When I turn the VPN off the UI works again. Not sure the issue, would love your help.supervisord.log

After some searching I tried the below and it worked thanks!

Q2. I can't seem to access the webui from outside my LAN, why is this?

A2. The Docker VPN images use iptables in order to secure against ip leakage of your ISP assigned ip address, this requires all modules loading at the kernel level for iptables, including the iptable_mangle module. If the iptable_mangle module is not loaded/available on your hosts kernel then you will not be able to access the webui outside of your LAN. Until recently unRAID DID include iptable_mangle support by default, but the latest release (6.1.8 or later) has removed this.

In order to force the loading of iptable_mangle you need to add the following to your unRAID "go" file, this can be done by issuing the following:-

SSH into the unRAID host and issue the following commands:-

echo "# force iptable mangle module to load (required for *vpn dockers)" >> /boot/config/go echo "/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle" >> /boot/config/go

Reboot the host for the change to take effect

Note - If you want to apply the fix straight away issue the following:-

/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Econaut said:

Help!

I accidentally broke my container by adding this tag to the end of the repository line:

Repository:             binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:4.3.9-2-01

What did I do wrong? How do I undo it? The container completely vanished after applying this.

image.png

On the docker page at the bottom, create a new container, then select the template drop-down and select binhex-qbittorrentvpn and it should repopulate all of your variables.

Edited by TheOgre
7 minutes ago, TheOgre said:

On the docker page at the bottom, create a new container, then select the template drop-down and select binhex-qbittorrentvpn and it should repopulate all of your variables.

Some other ones are stuck in auto-rebuild and I can't actually click any buttons on the bottom. Any way to stop that?

4 minutes ago, Econaut said:

Some other ones are stuck in auto-rebuild and I can't actually click any buttons on the bottom. Any way to stop that?

When you say "auto-rebuild" are you saying the page keeps refreshing and the container IDs keep changing on some of the other containers?

That usually happens AFAIK when containers get names mixed up with their networking or something similar. If there are multiple containers doing it, might be best to restart the docker service and see if it continues or resolves.

Edited by TheOgre
4 minutes ago, TheOgre said:

When you say "auto-rebuild" are you saying the page keeps refreshing and the container IDs keep changing on some of the other containers?

That usually happens AFAIK when containers get names mixed up with their networking or something similar. If there are multiple containers doing it, might be best to restart the docker service and see if it continues or resolves.

Yeah the other ones were using this one as a network option.

Can I manually edit the original config file I screwed up somewhere?

I am pretty sure restarting docker service will result in the same. The ones auto-rebuilding weren't even started at the time.

Edited by Econaut
31 minutes ago, Econaut said:

Yeah the other ones were using this one as a network option.

Can I manually edit the original config file I screwed up somewhere?

I am pretty sure restarting docker service will result in the same. The ones auto-rebuilding weren't even started at the time.

I'm not sure if this will work but go to http://YOURSERVER/Docker/AddContainer as a URL and see if it will let you recreate the container from there, after that the others should stop rebuilding.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, TheOgre said:

I'm not sure if this will work but go to http://YOURSERVER/Docker/AddContainer as a URL and see if it will let you recreate the container from there, after that the others should stop rebuilding.

Oh man... that works thanks - clever.

I did stop & restart the service though and upon restarting, the dependent rebuilding containers also vanished... I assume the same method can be used to restore them?

9 hours ago, Econaut said:

Oh man... that works thanks - clever.

I did stop & restart the service though and upon restarting, the dependent rebuilding containers also vanished... I assume the same method can be used to restore them?

Very strange they vanished.... However yes, it should be the same process to get them all back if you haven't already.