smb cifs share can only see artist and albums.

Hi all,

I went to use my hi-res audio via my voyage mpd server last night, and it would not connect. I finally gave up and loaded up volumio 2.505 on my rasberry PI this morning, and no matter what I use for advanced options in the smb/cifs share, I can only get the artist and album title to show up in the library, I do get one album to populate but only 4 songs off that album show up. I finally scrapped Volumio and loaded up a version of rune audio to try and got the same results. I have reset permissions, I have tried various advanced options in the share setting on either platform including vers=1.0 to 3.0. ro, rw, and pretty much everything else I could try. This Music share works fine on kodi via my nvidia shield. I am sure it's a permission issue! Any ideas would help!

Thanks, Dave  

I had another look at my server this morning, disk 7 is a user share as Music, set to fill-up, is used only for music. The disk is excluded from all other user shares. So the only activity is when I copy a new album from my desktop to that user share. All files, but 4 are showing zero bytes. I had this problem back in 2014 as well, and I found the thread, but I did not post details on how I repaired it. I will post a syslog when I get home this evening. This is disk 7 and I did notice in the log upon boot that ata7 showed sata link down on boot up. I am going to pick up a new sata cable and try that first. Only disk 7 is affected, none of my movie files or tv show files have a problem. All of my music files at least 95% of them are FLAC.

thanks, Dave

Edited by crankbearing
added info.