Copy boot usb incase of failure

Melocco

I've talked a few people into using unraid. I really love unraid. I just redone my server and had very little issues. But my brother has had all kinds of issues (one I've talked into using unraid instead of windows).

He transferred his system to a server style case. But once he did, the usb drive stopped working. Which made me start thinking about mine.

What is the best way to clone the unraid usb drive to not have so many issues incase of failure? I was thinking like a redundant usb drive writing to both drives or just clone and remove for future use. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

13 minutes ago, Melocco said:

I've talked a few people into using unraid. I really love unraid. I just redone my server and had very little issues. But my brother has had all kinds of issues (one I've talked into using unraid instead of windows).

He transferred his system to a server style case. But once he did, the usb drive stopped working. Which made me start thinking about mine.

What is the best way to clone the unraid usb drive to not have so many issues incase of failure? I was thinking like a redundant usb drive writing to both drives or just clone and remove for future use. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

Just to point out that the license is tied to a particular USB drive.    However if you restore the backup to a different drive and boot it UnRAID will automatically walk you through the process of transferring the license to the new USB drive (and invalidating the old drive).   This automated process can be done a maximum of once a year (if needed earlier then you need to contact Limetech to explain why).    Of course you can always buy a second license if you want a backup USB drive ready to go.

Archived