[SOLVED] URGENT: CPU Cooler recommendation for 1950X Threadripper

DZMM

My whole server died when I added a new HDD - I think the mobo has gone.  While I wait for ASUS to get back to me, I'm purchasing the bits for a 1950X replacement as I can't find any new X99 motherboards that will work with my system.  It means a bit more outlay, but not ridiculously more once I sell my CPU and ram on ebay and I don't want to buy more 'old' kit that I'll struggle even more to replace in the future.

Assuming that I can resolve any outstanding unRAID Threadripper issues, I need a recommendation for a quiet CPU cooler please.  It's urgent as I'm trying to order now to try and get the parts here tomorrow in case I need them.

Thanks

Edited by DZMM

Can't speak for the included cooler on a Threadripper, but the one that came on my Ryzen produces very little sound. I figure as long as I'm not overclocking, it should be more than adequate.

I forgot to add, the Noctua CPU coolers seem to be highly regarded and quiet. I've not used one.

Edited by whipdancer