Can no longer access WebUI

bjorn

I've been using the my unRAID server for a soon a year and suddenly I can no longer access the webui of the server. I have googled my problem and searched around on this forum without any luck. It probably doesn't have to do with my local network since the server still gets an Ipv4 address and the problem persists when if I boot in GUI mode. And I can still ping the server from my Windows 10 computer. However the server does not get assigned an Ipv6 address. Booting in safe-mode didn't help either.

I can still access all of my samba shares, the containers I'm using the SSH on my server.

However, a few days ago I did mess around a bit the network settings of some of my dockers but afaik I did reset all of the to how they were before. I'm not sure when the problem started, but it did work two days ago. The error I'm getting is simply 'Connection refused'.

Here's the syslog by the way.

Edited by bjorn
3 minutes ago, trurl said:

When you boot in GUI can you get the webUI? Have you tried disabling docker services to see if you did maybe break something that way? 

I'm still unable to access the webUI when I boot in GUI mode and stopping the docker services does not resolve the issue.

1 hour ago, bjorn said:

the server does not get assigned an Ipv6 address.

Do you need it to have an IPv6 address? I don't use IPv6, myself.

If you want to, you can reset networking to the "factory default" by deleting or renaming /boot/config/network.cfg and, if it exists, /boot/config/network-rules.cfg and rebooting.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, John_M said:

Do you need it to have an IPv6 address? I don't use IPv6, myself.

If you want to, you can reset networking to the "factory default" by deleting or renaming /boot/config/network.cfg and, if it exists, /boot/config/network-rules.cfg and rebooting.

TBH I barely know what IPv6 is, however, deleting the network.cfg file did not help

The server appears to have booted OK.    Have you tried accessing the GUI via it's IP address (192.168.1.71) rather than the server name? 

You also mentioned that trying to come up in GUI mode and accessing the GUI locally from there does not work.  If that is correct what error message are you getting?

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, itimpi said:

The server appears to have booted OK.    Have you tried accessing the GUI via it's IP address (192.168.1.71) rather than the server name? 

You also mentioned that trying to come up in GUI mode and accessing the GUI locally from there does not work.  If that is correct what error message are you getting?

I get the same error both by trying to connect locally and through 192.168.1.71 which simply is 'ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED' in chrome. I'm also able to ping 'skynet'.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

(You've changed the access port from 80 to 8035)

1 hour ago, bjorn said:

I have no memory of doing that

Then maybe you have no good reason to do that. Try to figure out why you have set this up in the nonstandard way. If you don't need it, or if there is a better way (likely) to accomplish what you were trying to do, then

5 minutes ago, Squid said:

change the ports back to 80 / 443 in Settings - Identification

so it doesn't give you problems again.

@trurl 

I believe that what I was trying to do was change the port for Nextcloud because I wanted to be able to access it outside of my local network. And using a random port makes me feel a bit safer. Now I can't manage to get SSL to work anyways so it might not matter.